British Speedway Forum

Mildenhall 2013

Super Blue

While the nature of the National League means there arent a huge number of options open to Mildenhall for second heat-leader, I'm sure if Hargreaves is making a comeback, then he'll be one they'll consider, along with Schramm if there's any possibility he might be eligible and indeed Cameron Heeps if there's any chance of him being able to double-up.

Beyond those three, which all must have some element of doubt surrounding them, its difficult to see what other genuine heat-leader options there might be.

serves you right just can not go round poaching others riders just because you are the new mildenhall you have no right to try to steal rob branford off us god we struggle as it is to field a competitive side do you realy think that by signing others top men your supporters will want to see walkovers every week i am sure they would rather see close meetings i know we at buxton would rather winn by eight than twenty eight every week so make do withy what you have and give others a chance

serves you right just can not go round poaching others riders just because you are the new mildenhall you have no right to try to steal rob branford off us god we struggle as it is to field a competitive side do you realy think that by signing others top men your supporters will want to see walkovers every week i am sure they would rather see close meetings i know we at buxton would rather winn by eight than twenty eight every week so make do withy what you have and give others a chance

Give it a rest.Riders move to different clubs all the time.Rob Branford is 1 of the most exciting riders to watch in the NL.Who wouldn't want him?

Shame that he is giving the NL a miss next season.Always a popular visitor to West Row

And anyway..I believe he is a Redcar asset not a Buxton one.

• Like 1

Unbelievable, lets give all the other teams a chance ? why? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nick Simmons?

Interesting choice.

Assuming he's wanting to ride this season, he'd obviously need a new club at NL.

Perhaps West Row isn't a big enough track to suit his style ideally. He did ride for Mildenhall in the Graham Drury era, and did well on the whole. My criticism of him at the time was it seemed to me that sometimes he tried too hard to pass the rider in front and fell as a result, when he'd have been better off holding onto the points he already had.

Having said that, he's probably a much better rider for the experience he's gained in the ten years or so since he was at Mildenhall.

I'd have my reservations about Cockle coming back to Mildenhall. Mainly that I'm not sure he's a genuine heat-leader on a consistent basis at NL level these days. But I thought I saw some decent scores from him last season. He's probably one who has been guilty of trying too hard at times in his career.

With options limited, especially if Heeps or Schramm are no-go's, then these two, along with Hargreaves, could be options Mildenhall consider.

how about me i would love to come back and ride at mildenhall been trying to get hold of mr lee to see if he is interested someone try and have a word thanks armo

If that's genuinely you, Jon, and you feel can score the points like you've done for Mildenhall in the past, then they ought to be considering you.

Mildenhall legend!!

Edited by neil3065

Never thought I would see Jon back in a Mildenhall race jacket, but can't wait to welcome him to Central Park as a Fen Tiger.

Some of the funniest days at West Row were with Armo and Dipster.

Good luck to my old mate.

Edited by Nikko
  • Like 1

I'm really pleased to see Armo back in Speedway.

He was brilliant for us at Dudley when we had to build a team from scratch and was a massive help to the youngsters coming through. His help in establishing the Club should not be forgotten.

An absolute gent and great with the fans. I hope he has a really good season.

He's one 'Bog Moggie' we wont be booing at Monmore Wood!

• Like 1

I'm really pleased to see Armo back in Speedway.

He was brilliant for us at Dudley when we had to build a team from scratch and was a massive help to the youngsters coming through. His help in establishing the Club should not be forgotten.

An absolute gent and great with the fans. I hope he has a really good season.

He's one 'Bog Moggie' we wont be booing at Monmore Wood!

And of course Super Stef :D

Kev

• Like 1