British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2013

paul90210

Quite happy with that and I'm sure the £10 a head for all adults will please SCB. :lol:

COVENTRY Speedway can confirm their admission price structure for National League racing at Brandon.

NL meetings are to be run mainly on the Fridays of Grand Prix weekends to develop young talent for the club and maintain continuity of home racing at what is hoped will be an affordable level for supporters.

Coventry have opted for a positive, simple structure with all adult admission (16 and over) set at £10, and all children (under 16) being FREE of charge. There will be no season tickets in this, our first season racing at NL level.

We hope this structure will prove to be family-friendly and supporters will take the opportunity to back the Storm team in what is a hugely entertaining level of racing.

Coventry Storm start their campaign with the first leg of the Travel Plus Trophy at home to Dudley on Friday March 22, with the full fixture list to be confirmed.

NATIONAL LEAGUE ADMISSION

ADULTS £10

CHILDREN (UNDER-16) FREE

Edited by Gemini

That's brilliant news but what is going to happen after E.L.matches then if most of the MDL ones will follow the NL? :unsure: We've come to expect good value for money at Coventry with second half racing, unlike some other tracks who have 15 heats and that's the lot. Credit to them for that.

• Like 1

JAMES Sarjeant has been named as captain of the Coventry Storm National League team.

The 19-year-old club asset will be assisted by Richard Franklin, with the Storm set to open their season with the first leg of the Travel Plus Trophy against Dudley at home on Friday March 22.

Storm boss Blayne Scroggins said: “Two or three other riders were very keen to have the captaincy, but we decided on Sarj after he had such a good season last year, and also in a very young team we felt he probably had the most experience.

“He’s also the longest-serving asset for the club, and I’m sure he will respond to the position and do a great job for the club.”

That's brilliant news but what is going to happen after E.L.matches then if most of the MDL ones will follow the NL? :unsure: We've come to expect good value for money at Coventry with second half racing, unlike some other tracks who have 15 heats and that's the lot. Credit to them for that.

there should be a regular 2nd half at most meetings

Thank you Main Man. I always like to watch the youngsters after the main E.L. match but I'm going to be spoilt this year with the National League and MDL to follow. Can't wait for the season to start. :)

• Like 2

COVENTRY Storm have finalised their team plans for the National League season with the signing of Martin Knuckey.

The 20-year-old Cornishman slots into the side at reserve after impressing club bosses when racing in second-halves in the Midland Development League last season.

Knuckey was a regular for the Coventry-Mercia Vikings in 2012, although he unfortunately finished the campaign on the injured list after suffering a broken arm in his first race of a National League guest booking for King’s Lynn at Buxton in October.

Storm chief Blayne Scroggins said: “Martin was really keen to make the step up and it’s good to be able to promote a rider from the Midland Development League team, it shows the riders at that level that we’re watching them.

“There were one or two options but we wanted to go with Martin, who is showing real commitment to join us and make the long trip up from Cornwall regularly.

“Hopefully he’ll be able to move to the area in the summer, but he wants to take his chance and he will become another asset of the club.

“Obviously with the expenses involved Martin and indeed any of the other lads would welcome any offers of sponsorship, and anyone who feels able to help should contact the club. We would be delighted to hear from them.

“I’m pleased with the team, we’ve achieved what we set out to do having started from scratch. It’s a young team and six of the seven are our own assets, so I hope the supporters get behind them and are looking forward to seeing them in action.”

COVENTRY STORM TEAM: James Sarjeant ©, Joe Jacobs, Oliver Greenwood, Brendan Johnson, Richard Franklin, Trevor Heath, Martin Knuckey.

Nothing against Martin as i don t know him but got to say this is a joke Conor is same age if not bit younger is from cov done loads of laps round cov and i don t think martin has ever beaten conor, shows comitment cause he will travel all riders travel, conor was over the moon when he heard his home town club were going nl, so please main man explain why local lad of same age and standard if not better standard is over looked ???? whats the lad got to do to get a place ???

• Like 1

Nothing against Martin as i don t know him but got to say this is a joke Conor is same age if not bit younger is from cov done loads of laps round cov and i don t think martin has ever beaten conor, shows comitment cause he will travel all riders travel, conor was over the moon when he heard his home town club were going nl, so please main man explain why local lad of same age and standard if not better standard is over looked ???? whats the lad got to do to get a place ???

Obviously not mates with the right people!

Whilst I've never actually seen either ride, as we all know with Speedway circumstances will change and opportunities will happen. Just make sure Conor uses this as that extra bit of determination to make the next step up. I'm sure as the season progresses there will be the opportunity that comes his way (hopefully at Coventry being a local lad), with the determination to prove the selectors wrong he will hopefully then take the chance with both hands :D

Rather than taking it as a big kick in the teeth, take it as a minor set back which can be rectified :D

Obviously not mates with the right people!

Whilst I've never actually seen either ride, as we all know with Speedway circumstances will change and opportunities will happen. Just make sure Conor uses this as that extra bit of determination to make the next step up. I'm sure as the season progresses there will be the opportunity that comes his way (hopefully at Coventry being a local lad), with the determination to prove the selectors wrong he will hopefully then take the chance with both hands :D

Rather than taking it as a big kick in the teeth, take it as a minor set back which can be rectified :D

Ye lets hope. I somehow feel that 771niel already knows the answer to the question.

Is Conor fit to ride after his bad injury ?

“Hopefully he’ll be able to move to the area in the summer, but he wants to take his chance and he will become another asset of the club.

Perhaps he can move in with Chris Harris - at least they will both talk the same language. :D

Yes conor been give all clear to practise but not race competative for month or so , but until weather clears a bit he is focusing on training in gym and pool, I m just dismayed at desicion promotors all on about cutting costs etc yet whats fuel bill going to be like, but conor will be ready if any team comes calling he ll be fit and has invested in a gm engine plus improvments to his bikes.