British Speedway Forum

Coventry 2013

paul90210

Because he has ridden for the Vikings until he broke his arm

so the team is pretty much settled already then. Dan Greenwood , Lee Springthorpe , Paul quarterman . Adam Portwood Tyler Govier , and especially Freddie Owen. since he broke his leg riding for the vikings . do you think a broken arm qualifies Conor for the captains job , more so than freddies broken leg .? And by the way , Conor rode for milton keynes and only in the latter part of the season was adopted by the vikings ..

Maybe you should read my post again !!!!!!!!!!!

There is no such thing as a Speedi bee :t:

so the team is pretty much settled already then. Dan Greenwood , Lee Springthorpe , Paul quarterman . Adam Portwood Tyler Govier , and especially Freddie Owen. since he broke his leg riding for the vikings . do you think a broken arm qualifies Conor for the captains job , more so than freddies broken leg .? And by the way , Conor rode for milton keynes and only in the latter part of the season was adopted by the vikings

Edited by Great Central

Gem - Yes, he turns 15 in time I believe.

Vog - Why would Jaimie be in-line? Not that I think it's a bad idea you understand, but you seem to be quite convinced of it.

gp - 6.87 I believe.

I would expect to see Dan Greenwood and Nathan Grieves. Jaimie and Lee are a good call as well but with Greaves seeming likely two 3-pointers could be a risk. Perhaps one could be the number 8?

Making the really rather wild assumption, until we hear officially one way or the other, that the Heathens go PL I would not be at all surprised if Cov try to use some of the current Heathens riders, or former riders, in a bid to try to tempt some Heathens fans over to watch. With that in mind I would suggest Darryl Ritchings above all others. You will never see a rider try harder for four laps and although not the most consistent from the tapes or on the quickest bike in the world the lad he's a very accomplished rider on the verge of a big breakthrough (needs sponsorship to really kick on). He very rarely makes a mistake and more often than not goes forward in a race not backwards. He's a very good and safe rider that is high on my 'when I win the Lotto I will sponsor' list.

A heat leader, or two, and a reserve required. Mildenhall will have to lose riders. Heeps, I imagine, will go PL only. I think Nielsen and Jacobs will be retained with a view to moving up to the Ipswich team within a year or two. That could leave Blackbird looking for a place, so let's slot him in. I'd love to Danny Stoneman leg trailing around Brandon. He's never going to be a world champion, except perhaps a WC poser :D, but he's a great lad. He's brilliant with the fans and well-loved by the Heathens faithful still. I reckon you'd get a handful turn up just to see him!! :D That leaves one slot and I think I know the man for the job. 'Boris' Bekker has done a super job for us to increase his average by nearly a point given that he's been riding alongside Tom Perry who's put 4 points on his average this season. I think everyone will have to wait a long time to see another pairing put 5 points on their averages between them in just a season. So could Coventry look something like this?

Bekker - 7.44

Blackbird - 7.01

Pickard - 6.87

Greenwood - 5.90

Ritchings - 5.84

Geary/Stoneman - 3.00/3.83

Greaves - 3.00

Total = 39.06/39.89

That would have a minimal effect on the other clubs and has some potential although most are being asked to step it up a level from this season.

first wait and see if we go prem before you go giving our best riders to cov and second re spiky boy hahahahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::lol: :lol: :lol:

first wait and see if we go prem before you go giving our best riders to cov and second re spiky boy hahahahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::lol: :lol: :lol:

What was the outcome of the meeting on Thursday? It will be sad for the NL to loose Dudley but they must do what they must do for the club :cry:

THAT made you laugh..???

Yes, afraid so. I've got a sense of humour....might be a bit warped but I've got one thank goodness.

• Like 1