British Speedway Forum

Mildenhall V Dudley - Weds 24th October - Please Read - NOW AT KINGS LYNN

PhilK

The problem is though, it seems that it wasn't the video that swayed the referee, but a certain official who should have not even been there.

You can't blame Louis for trying. If that is the case then the integrity of the Ref should be brought into question. They should have the power of their own conviction to apply the rules and hold their nerve. Shouldn't hold a Ref's licence i'd say.

You can't blame Louis for trying. If that is the case then the integrity of the Ref should be brought into question. They should have the power of their own conviction to apply the rules and hold their nerve. Shouldn't hold a Ref's licence i'd say.

I beg to differ, but yes you can when it is clearly an infringement of the rules. Chris Louis AND the referee both have questions to answer here. Edited by villiers210

Chris Louis AND the referee both have questions to answer here.

I agree and its why I also agree with Dudley's protest even if it must not be allowed to affect the result.

Quite clearly the rules of the sport state that only a team manager or the clerk of the course is allowed contact with the referee during a meeting so Chris Louis should be made to answer why he went to the referee's box at that time. Even if that was solely to view the video evidence, he should be warned about future conduct and reminded of the particular rule.

Dave Robinson, however, has a far more serious case to substantiate. He is either not aware of the particular rule (which is disastrous) or he chose to ignore it (which is worse) choosing to do so at a point when the NL title hung in the balance and Louis' presence would clearly result in allegations of influence (which is worse still). The fact that Louis was in the box is entirely Robinson's responsibility.

Don't hold your breath, though. I suspect that in true BSPA style this will swept under the carpet.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 4

I agree and its why I also agree with Dudley's protest even if it must not be allowed to affect the result

The Dudley management have already confirmed that the result will stand, they are only protesting that Chris Louis was in the referees office which is againt the rules of the sport!!

Except for that's not the rules. Any team that finishes top of the table but loses the play offs will always make this claim. But the rules that all teams vote on in their AGM are the rules.

Well if your happy that the Tigers won the lge over 2 meetings and of course within the rules then well done to you and them.

I kinda look over the months of season and the end of division placings......

But hey its the BSPA, no wonder the sport is dying in the UK....

• Like 2

Well if your happy that the Tigers won the lge over 2 meetings and of course within the rules then well done to you and them.

I kinda look over the months of season and the end of division placings......

But hey its the BSPA, no wonder the sport is dying in the UK....

As per your earlier post in your opinion you are the champions - Happy days for you then then and all others who do not believe in the play offs.

Cannot believe some of the whingeing by folks on here, move on.

One question here: Speedway should be about entertainment, with 8 teams in the NL the season even with rain offs the season could have been finishes by mid September - what do you suggest clubs do then? Have meaningless friendlies? The NL Trophy has little interest to most so you will have a 7 months season with maybe 10 Home fixtures - is that seriously what supporters want?

Always easy for anybody to criticise, maybe some thought into the overall might be a better approach maybe.

Kev

As per your earlier post in your opinion you are the champions - Happy days for you then then and all others who do not believe in the play offs.

Cannot believe some of the whingeing by folks on here, move on.

One question here: Speedway should be about entertainment, with 8 teams in the NL the season even with rain offs the season could have been finishes by mid September - what do you suggest clubs do then? Have meaningless friendlies? The NL Trophy has little interest to most so you will have a 7 months season with maybe 10 Home fixtures - is that seriously what supporters want?

Always easy for anybody to criticise, maybe some thought into the overall might be a better approach maybe.

Kev

I hear that each team had 14 meetings in the League over the season, Id like to pronounce the Buxton Hitman as NL champions as they rode the same meeings as Mildenhall ............

Speedway is about who finished 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th