British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh Champions 2013 ? 😄

^ Very solid team that defo at home, different story away but look what happened last season.

Here my team based on 42 limit.

1. Wolbert - 8.64

2. Sneddon - 5.81

3. Katajisto - 5.61

4. Wethers - 5.66

5. Cookie - 8.50

6. Bekker - 3.00 (or another 3pter)

7.Tabaka - 4.57

Total 41.79

Good news,I hope the Edinburgh Monarchs have a great 2013 season.

Great news to hear that the Monarchs are coming to the tapes in 2013. Whilst this is great for next year, I just wondered what holds after that. I think in the earlier communications it did mention that the real problem is knowing the situation in 2014 and presumably a new venue. I hope this next year provides them with an alternative venue which is stable for many years to come.

• Like 1

1. Jonasson - 8.84

2. Howarth - 5.47

3. Aspergren - 6.40

4. Roynon - 7.07

5. Cook - 8.50

Fit in 2 decent reserves but that top 5 will blow everyone away.

#

Just what we need him back and ruining the PL threads (and every other u post on). please crawl back to whatever ditch u came from.

• Like 1

1. Jonasson - 8.84

2. Howarth - 5.47

3. Aspergren - 6.40

4. Roynon - 7.07

5. Cook - 8.50

Fit in 2 decent reserves but that top 5 will blow everyone away.

I'd take Jonasson and Cook and Pontus Aspegren (lower average) instead of Robin. So...

Thomas H Jonasson 8.83

Pontus Aspegren 5.25

Kalle Katajisto 5.61

Nicolas Covatti 5.00

Craig Cook 8.50

Jozsef Tabaka 4.75

Micky Dyer 4.54

Before anyone says it, I know there's about 4 of these riders that we have zero chance of signing.

Derek back is a must, local lad, loyal and reliable. Not expensive and a team man. Dyer is an unsettling presence and we need a team who have strong bonds, good team spirit always serves us well I feel.

1.cook

2.deek

3.theo.

6.helfer

7.tabaka

I think you fill in the two blanks. I don't want a team that will bankrupt the club. So basis there is decent so add two more to that and think it may be about right

AFIK Dyer is a Swindon asset from his first stint in the UK when he rode for Dudley.

Don't think so... Didn't think he was an asset of any club prior to 2012...

From a team point of view, I can see the sense in keeping a stable team using our own assets and keeping costs to as minimum as possible...

However, I also see the sense in freshening up the side, bringing a bit of eccentricity back to the side which if we go with the class of 2012, CC and JT apart, are stale at Armadale right now...

I think probably, we may well see 4-5 of last years squad return... I'm hoping though for a signing that's going to make people say that "it's worth getting along to Armadale every Friday night to see this guy race..."

Time will tell... For me, Jozsef was a must, as is Cookie. The rest can fall into place behind them...