British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh Champions 2013 ? 😄

Said in this morning's Scottish Sun that there had been a good response to the plea to fans for help , and that the club will make an announcement in two weeks time as to whether they'll run next year or not .

i would of thought they would have to confirm if they were running next week at the agm unless the paper work has to be filed the week after

if edinbrugh dont comit at the agm am i right that they cant vote on any rule changes ?

• Like 1

There'll be a meeting at Livingston FC on Monday 12th and it'll be announced probably between that and the AGM on whether Edinburgh intend to come to the tapes in 2013...

Should there be a change, then I am sure the new man will be another Matt Ford puppet.

Is Alex Harkess a "Matt Ford puppet" then?

Was Pete Toogood? Chris Van Straaten?

I think if there is a change then the most likely candidate would be vice chairman, Jon Cook. Is he also a "Matt Ford puppet"?

How many puppet does one man get to play with? :party:

Edited by Wendy
  • Like 2

I think if there is a change then the most likely candidate would be vice chairman, Jon Cook. Is he also a "Matt Ford puppet"?

Well, Harkness seems quite happy to let all sorts of jiggery pokery go on under his nose without seeming to give much of a toss about whether the interests being served are British Speedway's or one club's.

Does EVERY Thread simply have to become Poole Speedway or Mr. Ford focussed. :rolleyes::angry:

Some folk need to GET A LIFE - in my opinion. :rolleyes::sad: :sad:

Well if speedway got itself a shred of integrity then it wouldn't happen.

Integrity won't entice new speedway fans but it'll stop some of the existing ones walking away.

• Like 1

Well, Harkness seems quite happy to let all sorts of jiggery pokery go on under his nose without seeming to give much of a toss about whether the interests being served are British Speedway's or one club's.

What pish.

In his three years in office, Harkess has been faced with the ridiculous Coventry/Peterborough stance (which really harmed the PL, when KL and Brum were force-fed upwards to satisfy Sky), the Polish "silencer strike" and a horrific and brazen episode of match-fixing by a visiting team at his own track in the first two seasons.

This year, he has had Plymouth ('nuff said) and the worst UK weather since speedway began.

All of which he handled with dignity. None of which has displayed any puppetry.

A new chairperson will inherit a sport with troubles, but will hopefully continue to steer a steady ship.

Now, having said that -- can I ask thet you beggar (misprint) off and leave this thread to the all-important matter of a great old club's survival?

• Like 4

Ah come on, Mr Harkess in his position of importance wouldn't fiddle the ashclouds over Scandinavia or lace the burgers in Berlin just to gain an advantage...it's not in the best interests of the sport........oh hold on :)
  • Like 2

What pish.

In his three years in office, Harkess has been faced with the ridiculous Coventry/Peterborough stance (which really harmed the PL, when KL and Brum were force-fed upwards to satisfy Sky), the Polish "silencer strike" and a horrific and brazen episode of match-fixing by a visiting team at his own track in the first two seasons.

This year, he has had Plymouth ('nuff said) and the worst UK weather since speedway began.

A new chairperson will inherit a sport with troubles, but will hopefully continue to steer a steady ship.

Now, having said that -- can I ask thet you beggar (misprint) off and leave this thread to the all-important matter of a great old club's survival?

I had hoped this thread would not descend into the usual guff alas we were hoping for too much.

Here's hoping that the Monarch's can find a solution to there problems wouldn't be the same without our 12 meeting's a season

• Like 1

What pish.

are you serious , Harkness handled the Coventry _ Peterborough crisis with Dignity and no Puppetry . LMFAO

• Like 1

From a neutral point of view, yes.

It was a baptism of fire, and he held the sport together at a time of real crisis. The behaviour of people like Trump was shocking from where I stood.

But please, go and play somewhere else.

Let people who can contribute to the discussion regarding Edinburgh Monarchs get on with their debate.

• Like 4

Well one thing is for sure, and that is the fact that Ford has quite a few current promoters dangling from a piece of string

Edited by Dave Jones

I had hoped this thread would not descend into the usual guff alas we were hoping for too much.

Here's hoping that the Monarch's can find a solution to there problems wouldn't be the same without our 12 meeting's a season

Agreed. What match fixing?

Edited by george.m

As you've been asked before, please go away and leave people to discuss the future of Edinburgh.

Unless anyone tells me I am breaking forum rules I will post where, I like when I like. It's not as if this is the first thread to be sidetracked, and it won't be the last.

• Like 1