British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh Champions 2013 ? 😄

JDC has quit as promoter of Edinburgh I for one hope we can continuen but reading this article it's not looking good

Also like to say thanks to him for all his 29 years service

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/speedway/speedway-campbell-quits-as-monarchs-promoter-1-2590328

Edited by ekimba

I've just linked the same article on the Monarchs v Worky thread Ekimba..Sad and worrying times for the Blue and Gold..

sad to read an article like that . if the truth were known , most forms of entertainment in sport are struggling at this moment in time . football,rugby etc. hope the monarchs and every other speedway club survives its cash crises and comes out smelling of roses. we at workington would give our right arms to have had a promoter like jdc.

I've just linked the same article on the Monarchs v Worky thread Ekimba..Sad and worrying times for the Blue and Gold..

Sorry Youngy I should have checked first, but I think you will agree this needs a thread of its own.

I have had a feeling for a while that something like this was going to happen, hope I am wrong but think we are finished in west Lothian and need to move closer to Edinburgh.

Don't know what the answer to this is, I am sure there are people out there more qualified than me to answer that

Bad news indeed, but who can blame him after 29 years?

Embra promotion have to be commended for the 'show' they put on week in week out, but if the numbers don't come through the gate, then what else can they do?

I'm sure it won't see the end of the Monarchs.

This is terrible news, and I reckon that it is likely that the vast majority - if not all - clubs are in a similar situation.

I've said it on other threads, it is up to the supporters to save speedway as a professional sport.

If we continue to be negative towards the sport, and don't turn up and pay a reasonable price, then it will be gone.

Very quickly too.

:cry:

This is terrible news, and I reckon that it is likely that the vast majority - if not all - clubs are in a similar situation.

I've said it on other threads, it is up to the supporters to save speedway as a professional sport.

If we continue to be negative towards the sport, and don't turn up and pay a reasonable price, then it will be gone.

Very quickly too.

i agree big Ed but the sport doesn't help it's self these days....the diehards from yesteryear are dying out literally....society has changed and if people don't get value for money they simply won't go, where as in years gone by you'd get the same folk week in week out regardless. I also think the promoters need to promote, rather than relying on former patrons...times have changed and speedway must too, before the fat lady sings.

Not a dig at anyone in particular but speedway in general....

Will it still be here in 10 years?? I doubt it myself.

• Like 5

i agree big Ed but the sport doesn't help it's self these days....the diehards from yesteryear are dying out literally....society has changed and if people don't get value for money they simply won't go, where as in years gone by you'd get the same folk week in week out regardless. I also think the promoters need to promote, rather than relying on former patrons...times have changed and speedway must too, before the fat lady sings.

Not a dig at anyone in particular but speedway in general....

Will it still be here in 10 years?? I doubt it myself.

Your post is a good one,and this years summer weather has only made things worse.

• Like 1

Very quickly too.

What a stupid comment. These prats at the BSPA have reaped what they have sown and fans have had enough of being taken for mugs, which is why the sport is on its last legs.

To say its up to the fans to save it is a joke.

• Like 2