British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden

My God that boy is brave, he did well to manage 7pts, Back home to UK for op on his C Bone........

Likes what he said towards the end, mine will be the last anthem you will here in Poland.............Bring it on...

Hope the surgery goes well Tai....

He only needs 6pts to be WC..

Come on guys get behind him........................ GO TAI

Best wishes to the other injured riders... Hope its not bad. Fingers crossed.

So agree with all the above, my heart went out to him ( and his family ) when he was struggling to hold back the tears of agony he was clearly going through. I have rarely felt so proud of a British rider in 40 years of watching this sport than I do right now for that young man. I so much want him to win. Kelvin wasn`t far wrong in saying that if Tai does manage to do it, it would make a good film. I`m thinking Warwick Davies as Tai.....lol.

• Like 1

The more i think about Tai, how he has conducted himself this season, on & off track, his injury, then to carry on riding for his clubs and himself still carrying an injury, then to last night, re- injuring himself, and to ride like that......... He really does deserve it.

All the best Tai...

He may call Australia home, but he is a BRIT.............We should be proud......I know i am...........

• Like 1

The more i think about Tai, how he has conducted himself this season, on & off track, his injury, then to carry on riding for his clubs and himself still carrying an injury, then to last night, re- injuring himself, and to ride like that......... He really does deserve it.

All the best Tai...

So right, I think he said at some point if he was going to ride through the pain for the SGP, he owed it to his clubs to ride for them too, and his efforts to learn Polish were very professional too I thought.

Total respect for how he conducted himself this season.

Nigel Pearson uses the term 'Legend' for every other rider, I prefer to use it loosely for those that deserve the term, and I think Tai could well be one of those riders.

NO decision made yet of course, but I wonder if having a British World Champion would be a 'tick in the box' for SKY continuing their coverage of Speedway, in whatever capacity that may be.

Edited by SGP
  • Like 1

“It is what it is. It has been a long old season and you’ve heard a lot of national anthems. But the last national anthem you hear is the one that counts. In a fortnight’s time, you’re going to hear mine.”

Love That!

“It is what it is. It has been a long old season and you’ve heard a lot of national anthems. But the last national anthem you hear is the one that counts. In a fortnight’s time, you’re going to hear mine.”

Love That!

Waltzing Matilda?

:P

• Like 3

Love That!

Waltzing Matilda?

Advance Australia Fair actually. Shame it's a dirge.

Hampel will not get 16 points in Torun. Woffinden is a very deserved World Champion. He is part of the new breed that is set to dominate world speedway.

Tai Woofinden is without doubt, the best West Australian speedway rider since Chum Taylor.

• Like 2

Since when was Scunthorpe in WA?

Niamh

I think I may have had my tongue planted in my cheek when I wrote that. Interesting point though.

Jason Crump was born in Bristol. His father Phil was riding in the English league at the time. We are talking about Australian Speedway Royalty here.

well that won't do British speedway any good as such will it, only BSI! If British speedway could win some big sponsorship package on the back of Tai's win now that would help British speedway!

British Speedway wont get anything out of it and deserve nothing as it is a shambles, run by monkeys.Speedway is not a marketing tool, more so in the Uk than any other EU nation. 2013 wc Tai :D

A significant difference is the Rob was British (also born in Scunthorpe) Phil was an Aussie.

Niamh

British through and through, just hope they dont raise the flag like the tat on his back :rofl::P

Edited by The Know

LOTS of media stuff lined up for Tai should he clinch it tonight ... Sky Sports News immediately after the event, Radio 5 live recording, hopefully BBC Breakfast TV on Monday followed by Radio 5 Live plus a media conference around noon in Manchester. BSI working hard to get Tai the exposure he deserves. Not so sure the BSPA. One promoter allegedly said he couldn't see the benefit to British speedway in having a British World Champion!

2 weeks on ...

Wonder is all of the above planned again for this weekend..or has speedway 'missed the boat' /tv slot?? Think Tai deserves the title and the exposure, should he get it!! Most anticipated weekend in a long time, keep your wits about you Tai (look at the finish we got in the European lastnight!!)

Edited by emerald tyke

2 weeks on ...

Wonder is all of the above planned again for this weekend..or has speedway 'missed the boat' /tv slot?? Think Tai deserves the title and the exposure, should he get it!! Most anticipated weekend in a long time, keep your wits about you Tai (look at the finish we got in the European lastnight!!)

SADLY NO ... because Wolverhampton have no meeting Tai isn't due back in the UK until later next week. Various things in the pipeline, however.