British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden

LOTS of media stuff lined up for Tai should he clinch it tonight ... Sky Sports News immediately after the event, Radio 5 live recording, hopefully BBC Breakfast TV on Monday followed by Radio 5 Live plus a media conference around noon in Manchester. BSI working hard to get Tai the exposure he deserves. Not so sure the BSPA. One promoter allegedly said he couldn't see the benefit to British speedway in having a British World Champion!

It would be great if his first appearance as WC was in front of the Sky cameras at Wolves on Monday. Would also be a great weight off his shoulders and allow him to fully concentrate on club business.

LOTS of media stuff lined up for Tai should he clinch it tonight ... Sky Sports News immediately after the event, Radio 5 live recording, hopefully BBC Breakfast TV on Monday followed by Radio 5 Live plus a media conference around noon in Manchester. BSI working hard to get Tai the exposure he deserves. Not so sure the BSPA. One promoter allegedly said he couldn't see the benefit to British speedway in having a British World Champion!

It would be great if his first appearance as WC was in front of the Sky cameras at Wolves on Monday. Would also be a great weight off his shoulders and allow him to fully concentrate on club business.

Great to hear Tai will be getting the coverage he deserves...great interview.

Re; :sad::mad::shock: comment by promoter :( unfortunately shows why speedways in the state its in in UK at this moment in time. Hopefully if Tai can win WC it can spur movements from within the ranks. Come on Tai!!

Edited by emerald tyke
  • Like 1

lets really get behind Tai and show some support. If he does go on to secure the World Title, it would be fully deserved after riding through the pain barrier for much of the season after his injury, a true World Champions grit and determination.

And I, like I would suggest 99% of us on here will be admitting we were wrong to doubt his competitiveness for the GP series itself! I am so, so happy to be proved wrong.

Good luck Tai, and enjoy your night.

• Like 1

When Chris Holder won the title last year Matt Ford milked it for all it was worth, and that was with an Aussie WC. Surely having a British WC has got to make the media take note. And if he does win it and stays in contention next year, it will be the biggest Cardiff attendence ever.

• Like 2

To be fair i do remember a comment from the DMU once after Nicki won a title.They announced that the Danish League didn't benefit from him being world champ.Tbh the state of speedway in Britain at the moment it would be hard to see it not gaining from a world champ.But we are talking about the leagues and well......nuff said really

Come on Phil, don't get splinters in ya backside and tell us who that promoter is!!!

If it was a Premier League promoter I can understand a British World Champion does nothing for them. Of it's an Elite League promoter that would be a rather strange comment.

My God that boy is brave, he did well to manage 7pts, Back home to UK for op on his C Bone........

Likes what he said towards the end, mine will be the last anthem you will here in Poland.............Bring it on...

Hope the surgery goes well Tai....

He only needs 6pts to be WC..

Come on guys get behind him........................ GO TAI

Best wishes to the other injured riders... Hope its not bad. Fingers crossed.

• Like 3

Gutsy performance from A guy determined to achieve his goal, we are all proud of you Tai, you can do it.

Was hoping before last night that Tai scored one less point than Jarek but most importantly got through the meeting in one piece.

Sadly that crash has cost him the chance to go out in a blaze of glory as I know he was looking to go to Torun and wanted to give Darcy a beating on his home turf and win the GP. However Tai's aim has always been get the points required and come the final GP, if Tai scores points or Jarek drops points, Tai could well just see it out until he reaches that finishing line.

Once it is 100% sure he is the 2013 World Champion, I can't see Tai looking for anything other than the painkillers and a podium finish is possibly more likely for Ales Dryml.

Working self employed has it's bad points and being in the transport sector isn't rewarding, so after a month without work, I'm just pleased I have managed to book up for Torun and travel via Stanstead and Gdansk to see Tai rightly and much deservedly crowned WORLD #1. ..... Until then it's the play off semi's v Birmingham (hopefully with Iversen as guest) and a trip to the local kit firm to get a shirt done up for the big night !!! :party:

When Chris Holder won the title last year Matt Ford milked it for all it was worth, and that was with an Aussie WC. Surely having a British WC has got to make the media take note. And if he does win it and stays in contention next year, it will be the biggest Cardiff attendence ever.

well that won't do British speedway any good as such will it, only BSI! If British speedway could win some big sponsorship package on the back of Tai's win now that would help British speedway!