British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden

Winning the Ashes 5-0 at home,5-0 down under.

But ill settle for Tai taking the title,and becoming a great Brit.

He looks like a great twit with those holes in his ears to go with the mess on his neck, what on earth is he thinking..
  • Like 1

Just one way that he is trying to drag our 1950's sport into the 21st century.

If all that's wrong with Tai is "what he looks like", then he hasn't got much to worry about.

But some will whinge about anything!

OAP

• Like 1

Amazing isn't it that David Beckham is seen as a brilliant role model for kids and a true ambassador for Britain yet he has more tattoo's than Tai, cheated on his wife and been fined and suspended in his sport .... yet Tai get's ridiculed because he has tattoo's, rides a bicycle 140 miles for Charity, is engaged and hasn't put a foot wrong all year.

If that's a bad thing ...... keep it going Tai
;)
  • Like 6

The lads doing well at the moment.

What he looks like is not realy the issue, everybody is allowed their own style!

The only thing lacking to some of new breed of riders is maybe the way they talk and the things they say on camera.

For all the stick David Beckham gets about the way he talks I think he does ok (Its worked for him)

Genuine suggestion for Tai, Darcy etc (Get some media / marketing / speaking training) It will make you more appealing when interviewed, will also help with sponsors etc. (Genuine comment)

Lets face it we all can pretty much guess what they are going to say when interviewed (Track slick, set up, gating mumble mumble pokes tongue out, funny hand signal)

M

The lads doing well at the moment.

What he looks like is not realy the issue, everybody is allowed their own style!

The only thing lacking to some of new breed of riders is maybe the way they talk and the things they say on camera.

For all the stick David Beckham gets about the way he talks I think he does ok (Its worked for him)

Genuine suggestion for Tai, Darcy etc (Get some media / marketing / speaking training) It will make you more appealing when interviewed, will also help with sponsors etc. (Genuine comment)

Lets face it we all can pretty much guess what they are going to say when interviewed (Track slick, set up, gating mumble mumble pokes tongue out, funny hand signal)

M

I think Tai as come across really professional during his GP interviews this season. Boy come of age?

He looks like a great twit with those holes in his ears to go with the mess on his neck, what on earth is he thinking..

Live and let live... Who cares what he looks like, it is how he conducts himself on and off track that is more important.

Edited by TheReturn

I think Tai as come across really professional during his GP interviews this season. Boy come of age?

Live and let live... Who cares what he looks like, it is how he conducts himself on and off track that is more important.

I agree, but potential major sponsors may not see it that way, that's my only concern...

I agree, but potential major sponsors may not see it that way, that's my only concern...

seen one of the Relentless Energy Drink adverts over the last year? Out of all the Music stars they could have approached they chose Professor Green (he of whiney Eminem impression) who also has tats on his neck

I personally think Tai is going to regret it when he is older but he's obviously enjoying what he is doing & I dont think it is going to hold him back with sponsorship. It will just rule out certain companies make him more relevant with others

seen one of the Relentless Energy Drink adverts over the last year? Out of all the Music stars they could have approached they chose Professor Green (he of whiney Eminem impression) who also has tats on his neck

Exactly, you targer your market. I was at the Kerrang! music awards the other week and the room was full of rockstars, all doing Tai impressions with their tattoo's, and the tables were full of freebies from companies targeting that audience Relentless Enery Drink. Pitstop larger to name a couple, you just have to target the right companies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Watching the meeting last night, i could not believe how calm Tai looked, even at the interviews at the end... IMO the pressure is all on Emil , only 5pts between them, i don't care what he looks like, he is amazing, and you never know GB could have a world champion...

In the interview at the end, i think he was the only one who thanked everyone, including all the fans back home.....

Go Tai.. We should all be behind him...

We also had some silly looking stuff in our younger days, like it or not Tattoo's or Body Art as they like to call it, are far more fashionable now than when we were in our young days, we should never judge a book by it's cover.

Tai has looks smooth fast and totally in control of his bike,that's what really matters and if he does manage to lift the crown this year or next, his Dad will be looking down and feeling so proud of his success.

Keep it going Tai, we are all rooting for you.

Edited by hyderd
  • Like 3

He reminds me of Leigh when he's chasing, by that I mean he doesn't change his style or line. He rides the same regardless. Then BANG! Makes a move. It's much better than the throw everything at a rider, scrape the fence and scrub of speed trying to pass. He's clearly thinking a lot, very methodical and holding back the all out racer in him.

I think Tai has a good style of riding he`s more on the lines of Leigh Adams / Eric Boocock. Am not a fan of the Holder / Ward style of riding they`re never in full control .....in my opinion....

Didn't think you would be somehow, can't begin to think why!! Then again, Chris hasn't done to badlty with that Crappy style and out of control riding as you put it, has he... Time you had a re-think.

Edited by Starman2006

I think Tai has a good style of riding he`s more on the lines of Leigh Adams / Eric Boocock. Am not a fan of the Holder / Ward style of riding they`re never in full control .....in my opinion....

Agree he does remind me of Eric ( classy style where bluey was mr excitement) also Simmo was a armchair rider.Hats off to Tai he is there on merit also exciting to watch he has surprised me and he could be a world champion within 5 years? down to him hope he does it tough task though.

Loving the fact that not only has he proved his doubters wrong (and even shocked those that did believe in him) but he has transformed a complete 360 degree turn from a cocky little teenager who does things his way but with a natural raw talent and become a 22 year old (23 next Sunday) who is theultimate professional that takes advice and listens.

From advisors, a personal trainer, special diet and committed crew at all events, Tai has also given more time to people. He helps promote those that back him and repays them by not only scoring highly, but also lets them see the sport from the inside. However the one thing that really has taken me with Tai is how he wants to give time back to the fans.

Riders get asked all the time for a picture or autograph and Tai has taken this to a level I have nevcer seen before. He may have had a bad meeting, which is rare these days or blown an engine etc but he always allows time to smile and please the paying public for their support. Last night it was great to see fans wearing Coventry Bees or Swindon Robins tops in Italy all cheering him on and he has certainly had the British fans appreciate much more his talents and attitude.

Before this season started, my hopes for the 2013 season were Emil to lift the title, Freddie to secure at top five finish and possibly on the podium and Woffy to hopefully get in the top eight. Now its Tai to win the title, Emil to be runner up and Freddie to get in the top 8 and at present I feel pretty confident that will be the case come October 5th when I will be there in Torun to pop a few corks in celebrating a truly remarkable 2013 season and the birth of a true National Hero in the sport of speedway we can all be proud of.

Keep it up Tai

#TW108 @woffinden108 #woffywoffywoffy

• Like 4

Didn't think you would be somehow, can't begin to think why!! Then again, Chris hasn't done to badlty with that Crappy style and out of control riding as you put it, has he... Time you had a re-think.

Where's Chris now? :P We know Chris is good, nobody is doubting that but that doesn't mean someone can't be better.