British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden

the tattoos may not appeal to the older generation but they are very popular with the younger generation and will not harm his sponsorship deals in any way whatsoever.....the blank cap etc was very clever and is exactly the same as when Steve Waugh batted for Australia with a totally blank bat..it actually highlights the situation and enables a better deal to be made than otherwise may be the case....very good marketing indeed

Tai's image is actually likely to gain a far larger following among teenagers than a clean cut image and therefore is more likely to capture future speedway fans ...the older generation may not see it but it is true...i think Tai is very important for the future of British speedway

• Like 2

And named in the line up for Wolves for Monday night.

Racing today in Wroclaw, then tomorrow at Wolves - then rest the injury til Copenhagen. He just confirmed it in interview on Polish tv.

the tattoos may not appeal to the older generation but they are very popular with the younger generation and will not harm his sponsorship deals in any way whatsoever.....the blank cap etc was very clever and is exactly the same as when Steve Waugh batted for Australia with a totally blank bat..it actually highlights the situation and enables a better deal to be made than otherwise may be the case....very good marketing indeed

Tai's image is actually likely to gain a far larger following among teenagers than a clean cut image and therefore is more likely to capture future speedway fans ...the older generation may not see it but it is true...i think Tai is very important for the future of British speedway

Fair comment, but the younger generation don't go to speedway. His best bet is with a unhealthy drink company I would imagine..

I feel old now then and I'm only 28 :o I think he looks a mess but you're probably right, he's probably pretty cool to most youngsters. But speedway will still try and market him to grannies and claim it's a family sport whne they should be playing on the extreme sport, riding with broken collar bones (and arms in Nickis case), the dirt, the noise and the tattoos.

Pulled up in heat 15, he looked in a lot of discomfort prior to the race - although he'd also been out in heats 13 & 14 too. Three heats back to back was asking a lot with the injury.

• Like 1

The main problem with Tai is that he doesn't endear himself to sponsors as he looks such a mess with big pierced ears and huge ugly tatooes plastered over his neck and body. Not something many companies would like to be associated with.

Having said that, he is riding great so well done to him. he comes accross as a sensible young man. Such a shame about what he has done to himself.

Shovvy, you sound about 78. Do you mind if we call you Grandad from now on ;):party:

All the best

Rob (a very young 40!! :t: )

Where have the posts gone?

Did any others post on this thread after the GP sat night, as I know I did.

Now the posts stop at 2.45pm sat, end of page 18, and page 19 starts this morning at 5.17am.

Edited by A ORLOV

If it is true mr woffinden is lacking sponsorship I am frankly surprised. Monster/redbull profile is pretty cool and according to my 18 year old daughter so is tai. Personally I hate tattos but apparently its the in thing and riders like woffinden ,ward and sayfutinov are the future and profile of our sport. Thought tai came across on the tv very well last night and his attempt at polish was very professional, his polish was better that havelocks english.

Agree completely with your comments on Tai, he has surprised many this year with his eloquence and approach, but a bit of an aimless, pointless dig at Havelock, to be honest. So what if he doesn't speak as well as some-we can't all be as eloquent as say Scott Nicholls or Chris Louis. He may not be everyone's cup of tea, it's true, but the truth is, if British speedway had more like hi, it wouldn't be in the state it is now. And if you took the time to ask many of his peers their view of him, you find a very different one to yours.

The lad has proved himself more than capable of winning the world title this year.

And that is a sentence I never thought I would be able to use in 2013.

Only bad luck and Emil Sayfutdinov stand in his way.

Come on Tai. ... Really want him to do this.

British sport is heading for a great double - Tai Woffinden as speedway world champion and Andy Murray to win Wimbledon. Who could ask for more?

Edited by Guest

British sport is heading for a great double - Tai Woffinden as speedway world champion and Andy Murray to win Wimbledon. Who could ask for more?

Winning the Ashes 5-0 at home,5-0 down under.

But ill settle for Tai taking the title,and becoming a great Brit.