British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden

im not slagging people off im just saying that people need to get there facts straight

What "facts" exactly? Tai is doing better than anyone expected, in fact the majority of people believed he would struggle. I don't seem to remember you coming on here and saying he would be winning GP's and looking like a contender after the first four rounds. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

• Like 1

I think the majority of British fans are pleasantly surprised to see just how well Woffy is doing, but we're only 4 GP's in. Gloating and the posting of "told you so" type replies is a little premature, and possibly tempting fate!

And yes GC, that tattoo on either side of his neck is vile, the mullet haircut's not much better either. :P

I seem to recall him saying something on twitter about growing it for a laugh..Maybe he's trying to emulate Peter Adams :D Agree with you about the tattoo though and those holes in his ears! :blink: ..Each to their own, but I think it spoils his appearance ( my god I sound like my mum, very worrying)... :oops:

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

I seem to recall him saying something on twitter about growing it for a laugh..Maybe he's trying to emulate Peter Adams :D Agree with you about the tattoo though and those holes in his ears! :blink: ..Each to their own, but I think it spoils his appearance ( my god I sound like my mum, very worrying)... :oops:

The tattoo is just wrong IMO. Tattos in the right place can work but I dont think Tais works. I like the ears though, if I wasnt just a girl Id love to have ti done myself.

I know I had a 'pop' at Tai's tattoos so I wanted to redress the balance with a very positive comment.

I just happened to be idly looking on YouTube and came across the Polish Canal+ version of the SGP at Bydgoszcz earlier in the year.

When conducting Pits interviews it is the norm for non-Polish riders to be asked questions by the young lady in English and for her to translate their English reply back to Polish.

I was so incredibly pleasantly surprised to see that Tai took his questions in Polish and then answered in Polish as well!

The young man is looking like a class act, off the track as well as on.

Edited by Grand Central

After a 15 point maximum in Poland (beating Emil three times), when you look at the form he is in at present is simply brilliant

These are the results from his last 6 meetings .... 31 wins 2 paid wins from 39 starts !!

3 3 3 3 3 - 3 3 2 2*3 - 3 3 3 3 1 3 3 - 2 3 3 3 3 - 3 3 3 3 3 3 - 2 3 1*3 3 3 - 3 3 1 2*3 = 39 rides ~ 106+3 = 11.18

Riders that have been him .... Doyle x2, Pz Pawlicki, Emil, Hancock, Iversen, and Okoniewski

Really looking forward to Cardiff this year ;)

Just hope that most of them DONATE TO TAI & CANCER RESEARCH at www.justgiving.com/taiwoffinden01008

• Like 2

Tai has broken his clavicle bone (shoulder) at Cardiff last night which will no doubt mean a lengthy lay off from racing. At the time of the accident, Tai had jumped to #1 in the standings and with 7 points from 3 rides was looking good for a semi final place and possibly increase that lead over Emil.

Why has Tai suddenl jumped up to be the sports #1 in form rider and a National Hero ?

Answer is not just on the track but off it in my opinion. Tai has always shown he has great potential, but he had this sort of "cocky" attitude and was looked upon as a bit like a British Darcy Ward. He did things his way, like it or not and had people around him that he felt were good to have around and help him progress.

Tai has comeback in 2013 as a real different person both on te track and off. He now has a great team of mechanics, Pete Adams does a great job keeping him heading in a straight line and his family are close at hand. His CANCER RESEARCH bike ride has been brilliant and at last count it was over £25,000 which is a brilliant figure and will hopefully get even bigger in the next few weeks.

He has his feet firmly on the ground now, his diet controlled, his fitness improved and in a whole Tai has in my opinion become a true proffesional and a great gentleman, not just a typical 22 year old. My thoughts and opinion on Tai over the last few months has changed so much and now I cant speak highy enough of him.

Watching his short film of his bike ride while he took a lap of honour was truly moving and the reception he now gets is that of a National Hero after being looked at by many as the Aussie kid pretending to be a Brit with atitude.

At Cardiff, while other riders got on with the day in their own way,Tai put on a brilliant buffet for sponsors, family and friends which wasn't just a few sarnies on a tray. He organised a catering firm to do a full buffet with orange juice and bottled water and all day took time out to chat to people, have pictures taken, sign autographs and generally make sure everyone was looked after.

Tai, you have not only become a great rider, but a real hero and I along with a whole new set of Woffy Woffy Woffy fans wish you a speedy recovery and hope you are backon track as soon as possible.

HOWEVER; Next years planned event to raise money for CANCER RESEARCH proves you still have a Mad side to you ;) GOOD LUCK

• Like 5

Best Wishes to Tai, and a speedy recovery from his njury.

I don't profess to know Tai, and have never met and spoken to the lad, but I have seen him on many occasions at Sheffield when he has been a spectator, and he always struck me as been, a quiet, polite unassuming kind of guy, nothing like the person he has been portrayed by some.

I personally think the lost of his Dad Rob at such a big effect on Tai and at a such vital stage in his career, and I think that one of the big reasons why we are seeing such a big improvement is the influence of Peter Adams who has taken on that role of a father figure with Tai that Rob did so well.

For me the loss of Rob, put Tai back two years, but I think now that he has discovered someone else who he can trust and respect to help him and guide him in the GP's we will have a rider in Tai, who will be not only in the GP's but one that can be up there challenging for the title.

• Like 2

Best Wishes to Tai, and a speedy recovery from his njury.

I don't profess to know Tai, and have never met and spoken to the lad, but I have seen him on many occasions at Sheffield when he has been a spectator, and he always struck me as been, a quiet, polite unassuming kind of guy, nothing like the person he has been portrayed by some.

I personally think the lost of his Dad Rob at such a big effect on Tai and at a such vital stage in his career, and I think that one of the big reasons why we are seeing such a big improvement is the influence of Peter Adams who has taken on that role of a father figure with Tai that Rob did so well.

For me the loss of Rob, put Tai back two years, but I think now that he has discovered someone else who he can trust and respect to help him and guide him in the GP's we will have a rider in Tai, who will be not only in the GP's but one that can be up there challenging for the title.

Well said.

I hope Tai makes a quick recovery and soon returns to the excellent form he was in.

• Like 1

What "facts" exactly? Tai is doing better than anyone expected, in fact the majority of people believed he would struggle. I don't seem to remember you coming on here and saying he would be winning GP's and looking like a contender after the first four rounds. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

hiya mate, i was one of his biggest critics before this year. BUT i have to admit the boy is going well, very well. I think a good contender for the crown as long as he gets over this injury quick. Dont like the ear and tat things but each to his own.

• Like 2

While Tai gets over his operation, he has had a few tattoo's done, including a large portrait of his dad on his back.

He wants to ride in Gorzow and I would bet against it

I'm no doctor, but is the clavicle bone actually cut in two pieces??? A pic in his twitter feed suggests that... Someone has spilled his milk on my keyboard or this forum version hates me. Sorry about that = )

• Like 1

hiya mate, i was one of his biggest critics before this year. BUT i have to admit the boy is going well, very well. I think a good contender for the crown as long as he gets over this injury quick. Dont like the ear and tat things but each to his own.

I'd second that. Still far from his biggest fan but this season he has impressed me, on and off track. Ive always quite enjoyed watching him ride but he's matured a lot this season and I'm actually enjoying being wrong about him.

While Tai gets over his operation, he has had a few tattoo's done, including a large portrait of his dad on his back.

He wants to ride in Gorzow and I would bet against it

Someone tell him not to, he's 22, he has another 20 chances at being World Champion. If he goes out now and screws up his shoulder he could end up like Brian Anderssen. It's just not worth it. Sometimes the bravest decision is to know when to quit - even missing the next GP Tai will still finish on the podium in Sept/Oct at this rate. how many riders can claim that in their 2nd season of GP/World Championship racing?

I agree with you SCB. As much as I wanna see him back out as fast as possible and to continue putting pressure on Emil for the top spot, he's got many many years to get it right a second time. if he rushes back, he could risk his whole career.

Lets look at Crumpy - granted he was at the tail end of his career but he rushed into getting his collarbone fixed and that was definitely the wrong move.

Don't do it Tai!

• Like 1

Just stumbled across this thread and having a chuckle at all the posts from last year stating Tai isn't good enough to race in the GP series. Nice one!

• Like 1

Just stumbled across this thread and having a chuckle at all the posts from last year stating Tai isn't good enough to race in the GP series. Nice one!

Yes back in the winter a whole group of us were having discussions on how Tai would fare in 2013.

Not one single contributor expressed the opinion that he would be in second place in the Championship at this stage.

Almost all of us, who didn't think he would have scored well at all, have eagerly taken the opportunity of congratulating Tai on the tremendous perfomances he has given.

I just chuckle at those people who, despite making over 11,000 posts on the forum, were so disinterested in the whole subject that they failed to even notice the discussion taking place.

But now, when Tai has done so brilliantly, have decided to join in.

Nice One!

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 2

Yes back in the winter a whole group of us were having discussions on how Tai would fare in 2013.

Not one single contributor expressed the opinion that he would be in second place in the Championship at this stage.

Almost all of us, who didn't think he would have scored well at all, have eagerly taken the opportunity of congratulating Tai on the tremendous perfomances he has given.

I just chuckle at those people who, despite making over 11,000 posts on the forum, were so disinterested in the whole subject that they failed to even notice the discussion taking place.

But now, when Tai has done so brilliantly, have decided to join in.

Nice One!

The vast majority of those posts were in the PL & NL sections. I very rarely stray from them. You're just trying to deflect attention from the fact you wrote Tai off. Nice try!