British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden

Woffinden this year has surprised me,i think we all knew he had a lot of talent but now it looks like it would be a major shock if he didn't get in the GP top 8.As for the English thing he was born in Scunthorpe? it is funny with the English public how we except people.In Cricket in years gone by Greig,d'oliveira,Hick,Denness,Lamb,Petersen not all of us took to them but some of us turned a blind eye because it suited England strange really.

• Like 2

boy is doing well for a half brit :-)

You come across as something that sounds very similar

Actually you have got me worried as to my nationality. I too was born in Britain, of British parents, British grandparents and spent a while living out of the country. Exactly as Tai Woffinden, I must only be half British then

Best ride of the night was the semi final. 12 months ago he would have run into Pedersen's back wheel. Went bloody close but a bit more maturity served him well. Calming influence of Deputy Dawg in his pit a massive plus. Your Dad would have been proud.

Many thought Tai shouldn't be in the GP's just because he is British

Many thought that Tai would do well to finish in the top 14 !!

Many thought Wolverhampton were wooden spoon contenders !!

I'm loving 2013 and it's still only May :party: :party:

• Like 1

Well done Tai, the tear in your eye's when talking about your Dad after you won the final was shared by all British speedway fans.

Now go on and take the title of your mate Holder.

great win for the BRITISH CHAMPION in prague tonight fantastic to all the knockers of him who said he would not be good enough in this years gps hahahahahahahahaha shows what you know

Say he who had no opnion in the thread at all as to how he'd get on!

Well done Tai,I think he's suprised everyone actually,and certainly exeded my expectations,hope it continues..