British Speedway Forum

Tai Woffinden

I still find it funny that Tai might not have been in the GPs this year had the organisers not seemed to insist that a Brit was given a wild card place. I suppose that's what you call making the most of your chance. I only hope the promoters and authorities of the sport make the most of this opportunity to raise the profile of the sport.

Well done to Tai Woffinden. Great effort and deserved.

Next year it is going to be extremely hard to defend so I am very pleased he did it quickly tonight.

The 2014 GP Series is going to be the best ever with Tai, Emil, Darcy and Noddy (if fit) all battling for top spot. Throw in Iversen as a spoiler and it has the makings of a stunning series. Sky threw it in the bin at exactly the wrong time. Well done to Eurosport for picking it up and reaping the rewards.

And well done again Tai.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 3

Still nothing mentioned on the BBC Sports home page tho, the article quoted is buried deep within the beeb's website where only we speedway fans are likely to find it, Shameful! it seems New Zealand's rugby victory over South Africa is more important than a British sportsman's world championship triumph (we don't get to say that very often do we?)

Congratulations Tai - the first of many world titles let's hope!

Seeing as some others have admitted to it, I also became emotional when his mum gave him a big hug. I'm sure he was feeling it too hence why he left his Crash Hat on to hide the emotion as he still at the end of that had a meeting to run.

The kid was absolutely incredible all season and put his body on the line.

I'd have to say, which may upset a few he is the best natural talented British World Champion since Michael Lee. The difference is, he won't destroy his fledgling career and go off the rails.

Tai Woffinden is the 2013 Speedway World Champion and deserved.

• Like 1

Great night in Torun , wonderful atmosphere and in Heat 5 Woffie silenced 15,000 Polish fans , sang my heart out with the other Brits and Tai is a true champ meeting fans before the event , the way he conducted himself and thanks to the great people at the Travel Club who have been superb , shed a tear when the anthem was played , off to the Chain Emblem Cup to give Nicki Pedersen done grief !!!! What a weekend

Well done young un.---- And a hearty top of the world to you.Fantastic effort for one so young and who will be greatly missed at Monmore if all the doom mongers are right,and we lose all our top riders.

Now Britain has a World Champion,we just cant let it happen.Lets just hope Sky take this on board and help stop the decline in domestic speedway in this country.

Well done Tai Woffinden, and a large slice of humble pie for me as I had him down as a stone wall fifteenth before the series started. Absolutely delighted to be proved completely wrong!

His attitude, professionalism, machinery and all round approach has been raised several notches this year and to achieve what he has done so soon after his Father's passing is a remarkable feat. As others have said lets hope the people who run the sport make full use of this opportunity, although I won't be holding my breath.

Massive congratulations Woffy :cheers:

Congrats to Tai. I've been a critic of his in the past before this season, but he really has turned his career around and fulfilled his potential and is now a model professional. Hopefully he can be an inspiration to some of our other youngsters!

A wonderful achievement and many congratulations to the lad. Brilliant!

Kerching!

wBRNcli.jpg?1

Hearty Congratulations Tai!

Once it's sunk in, I hope you enjoy the celebrations with your family, close ones and team to the full.

And don't worry about saving British speedway, leave that for a more appropriate time and someone else to do.

For the next few days and foreseeable future just enjoy being World Champion, you deserve and have earned that time to yourself to do so!

Edited by george.m
  • Like 2

Phew! Thank goodness that's all over, I can breathe again now. Thought it was going to all go horribly wrong at the last hurdle. Should have faith in the man. Well done Tai.

What next for him? Peace in the Middle East, save the economy? Anything is possible with the right attitude and determination.

For all you Rockets fans how about renaming the club Tai House?

Richly deserved title for Tai who has become a real treasure to the sport with his attitude on and off the track and the help of a great back up team.

Now the sport has not only a British World Champion but also someone that can easily be marketed to the youngsters who are into the BMX or Skateboard fraternity who love sports with a touch of danger but in style too

Well Done Tai and all his family and crew.

• Like 1