British Speedway Forum

Leicester Lions 2013

Nothing is happening though John. All the team signed up, season ticket news out, fixture list not available until next month. Just waiting for the middle of February when the track is being changed. If it doesn't expect it to get interesting in here again. :D

• Like 2

And the fat Greek wonders why he gets into so many arguments when he goes to away tracks. With an attitude like his it's obvious why.

Shadders fat. :o

Bloody Hell, the rest of us better get on a diet.

Perhaps you should change your name to Bean Pole if you consider Shadders to be fat.

I heard something similar, and the Lions bit in this week's Star suggests a major sponsor is being sought. If Elliotts has gone we are desperately unlucky with team sponsors. Also makes me wonder whether we would lose the Elliott buildings in the stadium.

Bring your own bucket next season, folks, or contribute to the track watering perhaps?

Next seasons fixtures are on the bspa website.

any elite or premier league riders there having a practice and did leicester put up the air fence today ?

I was lazy today and didn't get there until about 1. About 3 PL riders there, Kerr, Schram and Starke. No the air fence was not used, that was put into storage at the end of the season.

I was lazy today and didn't get there until about 1. About 3 PL riders there, Kerr, Schram and Starke. No the air fence was not used, that was put into storage at the end of the season.

Probably in view of the future track alterations.

The track was good and plenty of riders were there.

Blimey! They must have one hell of a good drainage system. Shame Blaby District Council can't do something similar with Braunstone Lane East which is closed again today as the road is flooded. :D

I think its not showing respect to the riders safety, they have an air fence they should use it, after all they are charging £40 a go

Here we go again, any excuse to have a go!

How many Premier League tracks have even got an Air Fence IN the season ??

If you bothered to go to the Practice Sessions you'd know that when the riders are going round on their own, virtually all the falls are slide offs almost laying the bike down and never end up anywhere near the fence!

Try saying well done for getting the track into great rideable condition after all the snow, frost and heavy overnight rain!

• Like 4

Here we go again, any excuse to have a go!

How many Premier League tracks have even got an Air Fence IN the season ??

If you bothered to go to the Practice Sessions you'd know that when the riders are going round on their own, virtually all the falls are slide offs almost laying the bike down and never end up anywhere near the fence!

Try saying well done for getting the track into great rideable condition after all the snow, frost and heavy overnight rain!

Quite right. It's a practice/training session and insured as such - it's certainly not racing, The cost of repairing a damaged air fence is way more than you could imagine, it's not just an Elastoplast job, My guess is that it's use for such sessions would make the cost to riders way over the £40 mark,

Quite right. It's a practice/training session and insured as such - it's certainly not racing, The cost of repairing a damaged air fence is way more than you could imagine, it's not just an Elastoplast job, My guess is that it's use for such sessions would make the cost to riders way over the £40 mark,

I cannot believe that safety is questioned, you say practice/training sessions is not racing, I have witnessed a number of major crashes at these events around the country before the air fence days and seen some bad injuries, I just think they have an air fence at leicester so why not inflate it in case a rider takes off and gets badly hurt.

I cannot believe that safety is questioned, you say practice/training sessions is not racing, I have witnessed a number of major crashes at these events around the country before the air fence days and seen some bad injuries, I just think they have an air fence at leicester so why not inflate it in case a rider takes off and gets badly hurt.

its a shame you cant self inflate and take off and do us all a favor.

• Like 5