British Speedway Forum

Workington V Newcastle Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sat 20th October 2012

There's been some bad performances from riders nearing the end of the season.

The promotion didn't allow for a meeting tomorrow, as, if they were out of the KO comp tonight, there would not have been a fixture to run.

Now we have meetings with Ippy, presumably with Ippy on Thursday and our final meeting with them next Sunday. Pray for no rainoffs.

i think first leg is saturday at ipswich

Well done to the lads tonight, especially Robbo, Ned and Toft.

Robbo was back to his brilliant self and definitely has not lost it, his heat 15 race with Roynon was worth the admission alone, I think its more to do with his bike as at Brough he seems to go backwards when out in the dirt. I would definitely have him back as second heat leader but we will have to wait and see.

With Lemon he seems to be going downhill rapidly, his main strength was his gating and is missing the start every time or getting pushed out and just sits on the line for 4 laps hoping for a mistake.

A good turnout of Diamonds fans tonight, it was a good atmosphere and the riders came out to thank the fans. Lets hope for the same at Ipswich :t:

Edited by Gaz

First thing, glad we are back in 2013.

Well done Newcastle on the aggregate win at least Worky went out of a comp on the track, the Comets were so close to going on to a final.

Got to say the race between Roynon and Robson in ht 15 was superb, one of the best races seen at DP, well done to both riders. :approve:

• Like 1

Agree it looked gone after heat 12 but for once we held our own in heats 13 and 15, albeit it heat 15 didn't matter. Robbo winning heat 13 was the key. That hasn't happened nearly enough this year but credit to him he did the business tonight. Someone mentioned he was on a new motor tonight. If that's true I wonder how significant that could be. I'll be very interested to see how he rides against Ipswich in terms of 2013.

Credit again to Ned. He's been an unsung hero for us this year, particularly in the second half of the season when we really needed it. Of late he's been our best rider more often than not. Would be happy to see him return next year.

We have had some luck in this semi. Had Rene ridden last week Worky may well have gone through but given our luck this year we'll take any breaks. Assume MPT will be the guest again in the final. Both teams look very evenly matched to me with no real big hitters and one NL reserve each. Should be a good contest, hope the weather doesn't spoil it.

Won't be the guest in the second leg for two reasons 1) The 8-day rule and 2) Scunthorpe are at home to Somerset in the Second leg of the PL PLay-off Final.

Well done lads in getting through!

Won't be the guest in the second leg for two reasons 1) The 8-day rule and 2) Scunthorpe are at home to Somerset in the Second leg of the PL PLay-off Final.

8 day rule?? It will be 14 days by next Sunday?? Since he rode against worky.....

8 day rule only for league fixtures isnt it

Now confirmed that Ipswich will meet Newcastle in the Knock Out Cup Final; home leg at Foxhall on Saturday 27th October and away leg at Brough Park on Sunday 28th October

I will start the two threads

Edited by dantodan

8 day rule can't apply surely? Don't suppose it matters though if Scunny are riding.

8 day rule can't apply surely? Don't suppose it matters though if Scunny are riding.

Anyone feeling low or wondering where this great sport of ours is heading and thinking I've had enough, why do I go? Had all the answers to their doubts last night, Heat 15 was purely Speedway at its best (Adam, Robbo if your reading this take a bow). Two riders racing fairly, giving it some , passing, re passing absolutely thrilling to watch, if their were 15 heats of that, the stadiums would be packed.

Thanks guy's fo restoring my faith and making me realise why I love Speedway! Just a shame there aren't more like you.

• Like 2

Anyone feeling low or wondering where this great sport of ours is heading and thinking I've had enough, why do I go? Had all the answers to their doubts last night, Heat 15 was purely Speedway at its best (Adam, Robbo if your reading this take a bow). Two riders racing fairly, giving it some , passing, re passing absolutely thrilling to watch, if their were 15 heats of that, the stadiums would be packed.

Thanks guy's fo restoring my faith and making me realise why I love Speedway! Just a shame there aren't more like you.

..... And you can buy the DVD to watch it again and again and again...... :approve:

Workys string of bad luck carried on in heat 14 for Tero, otherwise we had the very good chance to go through to the final , I guess both teams have had bad luck this season though so can't be too disappointed. Newcastle finished top of the league so derserve silverware too, good luck against Ipswich

• Like 3

..... And you can buy the DVD to watch it again and again and again...... :approve:

Is that from GRT Media? I was there but will buy it. Not sure if track shop will have it next week though.

Yes indeed from GRT Media.

It should be in the Workington and Newcastle track shops for the next home matches.

I'm sure Bob will confirm!

Workys string of bad luck carried on in heat 14 for Tero, otherwise we had the very good chance to go through to the final , I guess both teams have had bad luck this season though so can't be too disappointed. Newcastle finished top of the league so derserve silverware too, good luck against Ipswich

The end of this meeting saw Worky going into the last few heats as favourites to win on agg.

Just goes to show you cant assume how races might go and that it was right to call the result against the Witches as it stood.