British Speedway Forum

Workington V Newcastle Ko Cup 2nd Leg Sat 20th October 2012

As a Rene Bach fan I am pleased his injury wasn't as bad as feared. Why do I keep thinking he will cop a max and see Newcastle off? Ok yeah its a team event and you have another rider in Adam Roynon whom is likely to be unbeaten too. Newcastle's away record shows we are great at getting 3-3's with a couple of 4-2's to go with the 3-3's. Our achilles heel is heats 13 and 15 I am not confident that we can scrape even a 3-3 in these two heats, but having said that we have 5 riders that are likely to win other heats. Hard to forecast not knowing who the guest for Richie Worral will be. Hey if Newcastle still had the talented twins I think we would win this tie.

With Workingtons problems over continuing next season in mind I hope this meeting is exciting for the home fans and goes to a last heat decider but then for Newcastle's nominated riders ride out of their skins and get us through to meet Ipswich

As a Rene Bach fan I am pleased his injury wasn't as bad as feared. Why do I keep thinking he will cop a max and see Newcastle off? Ok yeah its a team event and you have another rider in Adam Roynon whom is likely to be unbeaten too. Newcastle's away record shows we are great at getting 3-3's with a couple of 4-2's to go with the 3-3's. Our achilles heel is heats 13 and 15 I am not confident that we can scrape even a 3-3 in these two heats, but having said that we have 5 riders that are likely to win other heats. Hard to forecast not knowing who the guest for Richie Worral will be. Hey if Newcastle still had the talented twins I think we would win this tie.

With Workingtons problems over continuing next season in mind I hope this meeting is exciting for the home fans and goes to a last heat decider but then for Newcastle's nominated riders ride out of their skins and get us through to meet Ipswich

If Newcastle had still had the twins you would have been challenging in every final imo

• Like 5

If Newcastle had still had the twins you would have been challenging in every final imo

Well we lost them and have done ok but when you add in averages for this season not the BSPA green sheet rolling averages Richie is on 8.62 and Steve is on 5.41 both lads would have improved on these season averages I am sure. Anyway using these averages Richie would have been our number 1 rider and Steve may have edged Claes Nedermark down to reserve and we all know how effective Claes would have been had he been our reserve more than he was. We at Newcastle want to believe that the twins will be ours for 2013.

Well here we go into the KO Cup 2nd leg with all of our top 5 riders averaging 6 or 7 points so why should the Comets be fearing us. Well our riders are unpredictable thats why.

Hi Dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Right now we at Newcastle would settle for being in Ipswich's position. You have done well to reach the final whilst we have a tough match in Cumbria to negotiate before we can meet you. If we get to the final I will be happy to see Dakota North again. He won a lot of fans when he was here on Tyneside and averaging 6.49 he would be likely to cause his old team some problems

Is Abbott there? Any news on the guests for saturday?

Michael Palm Toft and Paul Starke (source 'Speedway Star').

So Newcastle' side will be: -

Stuart Robson

Claes Nedermark

Mark Lemon

Christian Henry

Ludvig Lindgren

Paul Starke

Michael Palm Toft

Awaiting a Workington person to tell us their team

they don't know if Lawson will make a miraculous recovery or not :)

Btw

I tweeted Ritchie last night, asking what the chances of him and Steve being diamonds again

next year....he replied "hmm pretty good"....so read into that what you will lol :)

Well we lost them and have done ok but when you add in averages for this season not the BSPA green sheet rolling averages Richie is on 8.62 and Steve is on 5.41 both lads would have improved on these season averages I am sure. Anyway using these averages Richie would have been our number 1 rider and Steve may have edged Claes Nedermark down to reserve and we all know how effective Claes would have been had he been our reserve more than he was. We at Newcastle want to believe that the twins will be ours for 2013.

Well here we go into the KO Cup 2nd leg with all of our top 5 riders averaging 6 or 7 points so why should the Comets be fearing us. Well our riders are unpredictable thats why.

hmm,,, would he not have already been there ?,lol

they don't know if Lawson will make a miraculous recovery or not :)

Btw

I tweeted Ritchie last night, asking what the chances of him and Steve being diamonds again

next year....he replied "hmm pretty good"....so read into that what you will lol :)

WELL, although I was on holiday I was told that Richie was at Brough a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, are you still alright for your 5 a side return. I have booked the SoccerDome for Tues 30th October 8 till 9pm, cost £56 split between the players. When you said you hadn't played for 15 years and you were 4 stone overweight, did you get the figures the wrong way round. :shock::o;)

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

WELL, although I was on holiday I was told that Richie was at Brough a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, are you still alright for your 5 a side return. I have booked the SoccerDome for Tues 30th October 8 till 9pm, cost £56 split between the players. When you said you hadn't played for 15 years and you were 4 stone overweight, did you get the figures the wrong way round. :shock::o;)

haha your not far wrong, aye I'm coming...if mala can do it I can ha.

So Newcastle' side will be: -

Stuart Robson

Claes Nedermark

Mark Lemon

Christian Henry

Ludvig Lindgren

Paul Starke

Michael Palm Toft

Awaiting a Workington person to tell us their team

How can we tell you our team when we have doubts over 2 riders and as we have a fixture on Friday this then could change again but can confirm R-R will be on our side

Lawson or Cook

R-R

Bach

Aarnio

Roynon

Morris

Howarth

Edited by Justin Comet10

Thought Aarron Summers was guesting?? I assumed Russ.

Aaron Summers was going to guest at Edinburgh tonight. Craig Cook on stand-by for tomorrow.

See here:- http://www.workingtoncomets.co/content/injury-news-update-0

Edited by The Abbott