British Speedway Forum

Workington 2013

Just a little joke!

I lost the sweepstake as to which one of the usual suspects would bite first though. Jenga you let me down!

And they're off!!!!! Wasn't long before you lot start getting all high and mighty about what the amazing witches are going to do, just remember you have ended up with egg on faces for the last two seasons :D:P

KOC bring it on :party: !!

Us Witches fans are already looking forward to the SECOND round of the KOC!!

.................................you will both be wrong it will rain ......................for a change.

Comets are alive...................thats the key...........result doesnt matter does it Bruvs David..................

Aarnio, Howarth, Campton & Morris = 4 reserves I'm one team! Really can't understand why Tero has been re-signed? His average was going the wrong way last season!

depends how you look at them i suppose mason campton was riding at no2 for glasgow at end off last season and both howarth and aarnio could be close to 7pt riders as the season goes on and lets face it morris cant drop his average any lower than 3 pts

We should give the team a chance, Kyle Howarth improved a lot last season and I'm sure he had a maximum towards the end of the season. Tero will have better machinery and has been ok at previous tracks, Adam came in on a false average last season and was always going to be difficult to replace after he left. No one can be sure how riders are going to perform, who would've thought Sam Masters the PLRC Champion would be dropped by Somerset. Injuries, loss of form, off track problems...wonder how many teams will finish with their starting 7?

20012 Team

Lawson

Ingalls

Bach

Roynon

Harrison

Howarth

Irving

Could have won the league

2013 Team

Lawson

Arnio

Bach

Howarth

Harrison

Campton

Morris

Not a chance in the league

What a poor team from what we had this year

Just be thankfull you got a team, two months ago it was finished, don't forget that!! Plus you never know, All of next years team have the potential to increase their starting Averages, and that is what makes championship winning teams.

Me,, I'm just gratefull I've got Speedway to watch next yr-- Will wait till end of season and see who wass right!! Only time will tell, I have a gut feeling, bar injuries, we will not be far away. Will make a prediction when all teams are known, however so far Somerset & Leicester are looking good as well.

• Like 4

I still can't believe we have signed Aarnio for a full season when there are much better riders out there, this is why IMO Tony Jackson should not be team manager let alone co promoter

I don't understand that comment. Don't forget jacko is only doing a team managers job on the night for free. Laura is the one that owns the club and it is her money not anybody else's. At the end of the day the club has three promoters that have picked the team that fits the budget. If she hadn't bought the club we'd probably have no speedway at all this year. Lots of riders get suggested but you can only sign riders that are available - you can't just go out and raid riders from other teams - if only it was that simple!

• Like 4

depends how you look at them i suppose mason campton was riding at no2 for glasgow at end off last season and both howarth and aarnio could be close to 7pt riders as the season goes on and lets face it morris cant drop his average any lower than 3 pts

Campton finshed the season off at No2 but wasn't really in good form. At reserve for Glasgow he was lost without Screen telling him how to ride when they were both paired up at 1 & 2. Be interesting to see how he fares at Worky.

Is there Anyway the new promoters can get Stony involved next season please? He is Workington through and through his a God in the town, I'm sure he would put more fans at meetings, or even team manager?

I did post a letter to Denham last year and asked these questions,his reply was not nice about stony.

Aarnio, Howarth, Campton & Morris = 4 reserves I'm one team! Really can't understand why Tero has been re-signed? His average was going the wrong way last season!

Explain your reasoning behind this one Skoobie.

Like others have said, mebbe you should be thankful you have got some speedway to watch next year

so instead of doing nothing at all but wingebagging, get behing the riders and the new folks

• Like 4

Explain your reasoning behind this one Skoobie.

Like others have said, mebbe you should be thankful you have got some speedway to watch next year

so instead of doing nothing at all but wingebagging, get behing the riders and the new folks

I would argue from an outsiders point of view that you have 2 second strings at reserve. And who knows Kyle could develop into a heat leader. Tero potentially can be the third heat leader. Tbh I don't think many will touch you guys at home. Rusty with his head right will be as good as anyone on his average. Lawson gets better every season, Bach was coming back from injury last year and I expect him to stick a point in his average. Ashley Morris if he can get his machines right then I think he could do what Kyle did for you last season. If he can also sort that gating out at times.

I see your side as a solid 1-7 much like Berwick have.

• Like 3

GREAT WEB SITE just hope its kept up to date good offers on tickets good start by new promos well done

wonder if their is any truth in the crack that Roynon wanted 50% more than Rene and Richard to ride at workington through his agent

Probably. :o

would not have been so much of a cost to worky speedway. giving Adam a 50% increase over 2 heatleaders , giving he may only ride 50% of the time. the other 50% lying in a hospital bed. good luck to adam in 13. a speedway riders career is very short in terms of employment..

Theres a decent vibe about the place this season ,weve had more feedback so far than probably the last 2 years iknow theres reservations about the team myself included ,but we didnt think speedway would continue at one point .So we need to back this promotion in numbers theyre doing their bit time to do ours and if the alternative is reality crap and endless repeats on tv ,i know where ill be at .Now excuse me while i catch the end of the sweeney

• Like 1