British Speedway Forum

Workington 2013

Well if the new promotion don't prepare the track for one rider there shouldn't really be a problem should there?

not a good enough excuess to walk out and i dont for 1 minute think thats all there is to it and even if it was why say he wanted time out from speedway to spend time with his family

and just for the record i would welcome a happy and on form rusty in to any team and i actually get on with the lad quite well from his days at lakeland motorcycles

• Like 1

The track didn't seem to bother Bach, Lawson, Roynon and Howarth. :S

Seems a bit strange to me Skoobie?

For the 2nd part of the season your right it didn't, shame it took rusty to leave to make them realise there is more to Workington speedway than Richard lawson! Make the track suitable to a gating tart & wonder why the crowds are droppig? Umm

Edited by skoobie

Wethers average is 5.66, doesn't seem so good when he's had Edinburgh as his home track. Difficult one with Rusty but I'd guess he regretted letting the fans down and wouldn't wish to do so again, he must realise walking out again would wouldn't go down well with the Bspa either. guess they'd be some serious talking!

Edited by comet49

For the 2nd part of the season your right it didn't, shame it took rusty to leave to make them realise there is more to Workington speedway than Richard lawson! Make the track suitable to a gating tart & wonder why the crowds are droppig? Umm

This still makes no sense :S. Rusty and Richard were the best two riders end of 2011 in the dirt at DP. They like the same kind of track :S. Did they not have a meal after press and practice at the start of the season, to discuss things like this.

The track must have been good enough for the team, to be unbeaten at home all season speaks for itself.

• Like 2

Cant agree with this Richard imo is a modern day hero to the Workington Speedway hes stuck with his Comets team for years now and has improved every year top guy and top captain. Keep it up Richard :-):-)

• Like 3

Cant agree with this Richard imo is a modern day hero to the Workington Speedway hes stuck with his Comets team for years now and has improved every year top guy and top captain. Keep it up Richard :-):-)

some people seam to forget just how far richard lawson and craid gook have come on in a short time riding speedway both were riding a very short time before getting team places and just improved in rapid fashion cookie a litte faster than richard

but both are top prem league riders who can also score good points in the eliete league on there day

• Like 4

Serious question here.

Am I missing something where Rusty Harrison is concerned?

He was banned for 12 months in July 2012, so I thought he'd be banned until July 2013, OR, as I say, have I missed something? :unsure:

I hope he can ride from the start of the season. Cracking rider on his day and always accomodating when asked to do interviews. :approve: