British Speedway Forum

Workington 2013

Very dissapointed don't get me wrong I'm very pleased that the comets are even racing next season but what an anti climax that was the last two riders

Rusty spit your dumy out Harrison will not improve his average at his age been there and done it and that his average will not improve he will only sulk and effect the rest of the team as soon as something goes against him either the track or a rider

As for Arnio well I thought that Tony Jackson was a better manager than that if he thinks he is a good rider after watching him ride last season for Workington he watched a different rider than me he is on the slide you could see the way he was riding no consistency at all.

So from last season which was a team capable of winning the league we have replaced Kenny Ingals with Mason Campton and Adam Roynon with Tero Arnio we have gone backwards a long way from last season

Not sure what to think really but let's get down and support the team if all the lads are up for it we could have a chance IMO Craig Cooke should have been signed as no1 local lad can't understand it ??? But come on RUSTY you let us all down last year and yourself but that was last year. Clean slate fresh start Roll on march

Big Rusty if his heads right can be great,

Mate you keep playing thus Craig cook card when he said he will only ride for Edinburgh in the PL due to the faith the promotion gave shown in him.

IMO having Aarnio back is a dreadful decision .

I feel it may have been better going with an unknown aussie & secure him as an asset.

I don't know the reasons why he walked out on the club but how will the fans react to Rusty Harrison returning after he left you in the s**t

IMO having Aarnio back is a dreadful decision .

I feel it may have been better going with an unknown aussie & secure him as an asset.

I don't know the reasons why he walked out on the club but how will the fans react to Rusty Harrison returning after he left you in the s**t

Well a bit deflated tbh :rolleyes: , after the long wait for the final two was expecting two fresh faces in the Comets colours. Would have preferred the likes of Nedermark,Wells combination but hey ho it is what it is . Lets hope Rusty has put his troubles behind him and we get the Rusty of 2011 back again , a real hero that season, . Tero is a lovely lad and with better equipment hopefully he can get back to nearer his 6-7 average.

Time to enjoy Xmas and look forward to March 2013 :drink:

• Like 1

20012 Team

Lawson

Ingalls

Bach

Roynon

Harrison

Howarth

Irving

Could have won the league

2013 Team

Lawson

Arnio

Bach

Howarth

Harrison

Campton

Morris

Not a chance in the league

What a poor team from what we had this year

Us Witches fans are already looking forward to the SECOND round of the KOC!!

And they're off!!!!! Wasn't long before you lot start getting all high and mighty about what the amazing witches are going to do, just remember you have ended up with egg on faces for the last two seasons :D:P

KOC bring it on :party: !!

20012 Team

Lawson

Ingalls

Bach

Roynon

Harrison

Howarth

Irving

2013 Team

Lawson

Arnio

Bach

Howarth

Harrison

Campton

Morris

only time will tell im a bit more optomistic than you and a few others there are teams that look stronger but workingtons team could be a really well balanced side if all goes well
  • Like 1

well i think that the team looks ok,just maybe the promotion is cutting it's cloth to suit ask your self would you rather have a team that can win the league an put the club into a financial postion where it will fold or mid table and keep running.

so all of you that are complaining stop winging get down to derwent park and surport the comets in 2013

20012 Team

Lawson

Ingalls

Bach

Roynon

Harrison

Howarth

Irving

2013 Team

Lawson

Arnio

Bach

Howarth

Harrison

Campton

Morris

20012 Team

Lawson

Ingalls

Bach

Roynon

Harrison

Howarth

Irving

2013 Team

Lawson

Arnio

Bach

Howarth

Harrison

Campton

Morris

K Denholm 2013 Team

Admission £0.00.

No speedway

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

And they're off!!!!! Wasn't long before you lot start getting all high and mighty about what the amazing witches are going to do, just remember you have ended up with egg on faces for the last two seasons :D:P

KOC bring it on :party: !!

Just a little joke!

I lost the sweepstake as to which one of the usual suspects would bite first though. Jenga you let me down!

There will be alot worse teams out there in 2013. People need to remember every club has a budget to work to and even through some riders may not be favoured they all want to do their best. Given the right conditions Workington have a solid side, for sure they could have cherry picked and got some more fancied riders but then they would have to have wanted to ride up in Cumbria every weekend and extra costs could have prevented that.

You only have to look at a team like Ipswich expensive, attractive on paper sides for the last 2 seasons but failed for a number of reasons to deliver on track.

There will be alot worse teams out there in 2013.

You only have to look at a team like Ipswich expensive, attractive on paper sides for the last 2 seasons but failed for a number of reasons to deliver on track.

Ha ha ha you must be joking mate (Expensive team) a lot of the riders live within a few yards of the track :rofl: