British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2013

I really don't think he was meaning any harm what so ever to any rider quite the opposite I would say. I read the same report off people that were at the practice and it was them who were quoted as saying there was problems with the track especially going into turn three.

I hope Tully has a very fast recovery terrible injury to get especially in a practice.

To suggest comets fans would cheer anyone getting injured is an insult and if I ever did hear any thing like that I would be saying something

The 'he' is a 'she', and Andrew's crash happened coming out of the FORTH bend.

What an idiot. I seem to remember losing half of our team to injury at your track last year. It is reported that he had a problem with his second bike which caused the fall but don't let facts get in the way.

Were you there? If not - I would keep quiet if I were you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not even worth a decent reply. Go play elsewhere.

Get off ya bloody high horses!! Tsunami as you said YOURSELF in your post the track needs loads of work done , and there were many falls on bend 3 as I quoted ..... One of our matches over there last season was awful to watch on that track so will stand by what I said and I hope theres a huge blizzard this Sunday . The usual twisting of comments on here , nothing changes there then :rolleyes: there was no malice mentioned to any riders I feel sorry for Tully gut wrenching for him at the start of the season, just my opinion as all you lot have on here :mad:

Edited by davidj

Get off ya bloody high horses!! Tsunami as you said YOURSELF in your post the track needs loads of work done , and there were many falls on bend 3 as I quoted ..... One of our matches over there last season was awful to watch on that track so will stand by what I said and I hope theres a huge blizzard this Sunday . The usual twisting of comments on here , nothing changes there then :rolleyes: there was no malice mentioned to any riders I feel sorry for Tully gut wrenching for him at the start of the season, just my opinion as all you lot have on here :mad:

Just the usual windup from you. BTW. The track 'needs loads of work' and folks complain about the late start. Obviously you miss the point, accidently or deliberately, that the 'needs loads of work' was to get last Sundays practice on, NOT next Sundays meeting with Worky.

As usual you will read what you want to get the anger in.

And you think you're a speedway fan. FFS.

Just the usual windup from you. BTW. The track 'needs loads of work' and folks complain about the late start. Obviously you miss the point, accidently or deliberately, that the 'needs loads of work' was to get last Sundays practice on, NOT next Sundays meeting with Worky.

As usual you will read what you want to get the anger in.

And you think you're a speedway fan. FFS.

:rolleyes: I AM A SPEEDWAY FAN. FFS ,

No wind up just a an opinion and comment ending in a pun at the song "Let it Snow" and you lot jumping on the defensive as usual , time will tell come Sunday to see if we see a great speedway match between two good teams for a a special man Mr Ian Thomas......lighten up its a forum

:rolleyes: I AM A SPEEDWAY FAN. FFS ,

No wind up just a an opinion and comment ending in a pun at the song "Let it Snow" and you lot jumping on the defensive as usual , time will tell come Sunday to see if we see a great speedway match between two good teams for a a special man Mr Ian Thomas......lighten up its a forum

If yer cannit tak it - divvent dish it oot. :) :)

• Like 1

Get well soon Andrew. Who do you Diamonds fans think the promotion will sign as a replacement?

Depends if he's going to be out for a while or not.

If it's a fairly quick recovery time, they might opt for R/R as the early season stuff would give valuable extra rides to the rest of the team before the PL starts.

If it's a fairly quick recovery time, they might opt for R/R as the early season stuff would give valuable extra rides to the rest of the team before the PL starts.

Genuine question and not just to wind things up - is r/r an option when the rider hasnt ridden?

Would it need a 'special dispensation' ?

I believe it would and should be granted (if needed)

as he hasnt rode for the diamonds then r/r is not a option unless they have changed the rules again temp signing or 3 pointer only options if i remember right

as he hasnt rode for the diamonds then r/r is not a option unless they have changed the rules again temp signing or 3 pointer only options if i remember right

The Worky meetings home and away this weekend, Newcastle have a choice of all the possibilities. R/R, a guest or a short term injury replacement with them being friendlies.

Normally you can't have R/R for an assessed average rider and an injured rider, but I am sure there will be a case for Special dispensation for R/R if the time that Andrew is out is only a few weeks. The original reason if you recall was to stop a team riding with R/R through a season for an injured rider who was never likely to appear at all. Newcastle, or Thomas, did it one season and I think the rule was brought in to stop it happening again.

Plainly Andrew was injured at speedway within a week of his first meeting(not including the called off GB outing at Swindon) so I think we will be allowed R/R, if George decides to run with that instead of an injury replacement rider. Ned could be considered due to his availability and knowledge of riding for Newcastle and the other PL tracks. A higher average rider being signed would not necessarily start with that knowledge and practice.

NB. Did a team not lose a rider last year, just before the season started. Can't remember who it was but was he from Scunny or Worky. ?

Edited by Tsunami

Hi Everyone, With 2 matches coming up at the weekend I would say its time to stop adding to this thread and for us to make our posts on the match threads otherwise we will spend the whole season posting on the Newcastle 2013 thread so lets change over now

NB. Did a team not lose a rider last year, just before the season started. Can't remember who it was but was he from Scunny or Worky. ?

Im sure Berwick lost Lee Complin in the first meeting of the 2010 season,in a Tyne Tweed Trophy meeting against Newcastle and got r/r for the period of his injury.

Tony Jackson the Workington team manager was asked this question as we have a similar problem with an original member 1-7 is not available.

You are not allowed r/r for an official fixture if the rider not available has not ridden a fixture. R/R is being used this weekend and a guest as both teams have agreed to it and its not a official fixture.

All you are allowed would be a national league rider.

Im sure Berwick lost Lee Complin in the first meeting of the 2010 season,in a Tyne Tweed Trophy meeting against Newcastle and got r/r for the period of his injury.

That's probably the one I am thinking about with it being local. Of course Lee got hurt in an actual meeting instead of official practice, so that might affect R/R. It was on your third bend, with DEEK involved, if I remember correct.