British Speedway Forum

Chris Holder World Champion

Fantastic result I am so pleased for Chris! Well done that boy!

Brilliant final round and the best series to date, no doubt about it.

Nice night at the pub Mr S?

Hope you found a friend or three to celebrate with.

Disagree Gavan, he was squeezed onto the grass, which was raised and it acted as a ramp. He was dealing with Pedersen fine, so I dont see why his brother felt the need to get involved as the situation escalated. Good work by Crump to take him away and to bring him back down to earth.

Shame his bike went in the final, credit to him for coming out and trying to complete the job on the night as we have seen many clinch the required points and then go to pieces. I think that makes him the youngest champ since Trick in 94, and of course the organisers will be very happy that the main sponsors rider is crowned World Champion in their 1st year of event sponsorship. Well done Chris.

• Like 2

I was reminded this morning by a good friend that thirty years ago, Bruce Penhall and Kenny Carter had an incident which virtually won and lost a world title, and that people are still arguing about that decision.

No doubt last night's semi-final will be getting dragged up, debated and argued about in 2042.

But what matters is that this week's Speedway Star will report that Chris Holder is World Champion, just as Bruce Penhall was in 1982.

• Like 1

Proved to be the best rider over the 12 rounds but boy oh boy he was lucky tonight. the ref bottled the semi final decision. if that had been any other semi in any other round he would have been excluded thats a certainty

To right he would, no doubt at all ... I like Holder but he was very lucky the ref had Aussie family :approve:

Congratulation to Chris Holder. Although, consistant, very quick, and always in with a shout, i thought fortunes favoured him tonight.

i think this will signal the start of the younger generation, taking over and winning the top prize from now on.

Next year will see the younger riders like, Ward, Vaculik; Sayfutdinov; Lindback; M J J, joining Holder at the front, and the older ones, following Crumpy and calling it a day.

Edited by GRW123

But what matters is that this week's Speedway Star will report that Chris Holder is World Champion, just as Bruce Penhall was in 1982.

Take it from me, the vastly expensive and super thin Speedway Star stopped stopped "mattering" in manys speedway fans lives years ago ... you get more info from Twitter & Facebook plus the clubs/riders website than you do out of that overpriced toilet paper :approve:

• Like 1

Take it from me, the vastly expensive and super thin Speedway Star stopped stopped "mattering" in manys speedway fans lives years ago ... you get more info from Twitter & Facebook plus the clubs/riders website than you do out of that overpriced toilet paper :approve:

Not a subscriber then. :wink:

I saw it last night,again on replay,and I havent changed my opinion,that is that Holder was very lucky to be in the re-run,in any event I dont think it wouldve seen the World Championchip change hands as Pedersen wasnt quick enough all night.

• Like 1