British Speedway Forum

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

GOING round and round again. You saw it with one pair of eyes and the referee with another. Nothing is going to change that. Or the fact that incidents on the first corner can constitute an unsatisfactory start. It's not just about what happens on the starting line.

I'm only answering you mate. You keep going round and round trying to justify a big bottle job so why get on at others who're going round and round putting another point of view.

It's such a shame the meeting of this stature, will be remembered for this instance of the Ref decision. There has been 363 commnets about it on this thread, yet on the Holder- World Champion thread there are only 50 posts, and most of them is about other things.

Like I said shame.. cos' Chris Holder really did deserve that World Championship.

It's such a shame the meeting of this stature, will be remembered for this instance of the Ref decision. There has been 363 commnets about it on this thread, yet on the Holder- World Champion thread there are only 50 posts, and most of them is about other things.

Like I said shame.. cos' Chris Holder really did deserve that World Championship.

cant argue with that.

Spot On that. Wrong decision in my eyes but Holder is desereved world champion across the year

I think the majority agree that Chris deserves to be World Champion,but they have a point regarding the Refs decision IMO. Thought Nicki came out with a lot of credit with his sporting acknowlegement of Chris being the best man during the season.

tbh though its kind of been the point for me ever since we first started seeing the replays of the incident.......

as a ref he was never going to be able to hide from the incident or the need to make a decision..................... if he was lucky enough for a bonafide all 4 back to land in his lap then phew and good luck to the guy........................ but it wasnt a straight forward all 4 back and in his efforts to avoid the issue and 'bottle' or allow it to 'be decided on track' he quickly became part of the incident and consequently history

rather him than me but he shouldnt have become a ref if he wasnt happy to make the decisions when they are needed.

There is also something to say here about the fact that this took place in a GP series................. forget for one second that it took place in the semi final of the final GP with 6 points in it.......... ultimately for a ref this should be no less important than any other race during the series......if the same situation took place with Lindback wiping out Gollob in a ht13 at Terenzano would we have seen the same decision made?

Congrats to Chris Holder and 10 times out of 10 I would prefer him to win a title over Nicki..............but unfortunately, despite Nicki's lack of engine power towards the end of the night, mathematically it was very possible that Nicki could have equalled or beaten that 6 point gap .......................and that for me is always going to haunt the 2012 GP series

• Like 1

You mean AJ's dive a couple of rounds ago?

I call it as I see it.

Typical response from some one seeking attention :blink::wink:

You're talking about Nicki's rudeness, are you? Not attacking the Poster I trust?

AJ was lucky not to go through the fence after a hard bit of riding by Holder also. :)

Did Chris put AJ in Hospital?

So you agree I take it? :)

Aha! Answering a question with another question, eh? This is also known as a counter-question, and is invariably used when one's argument starts to fall apart.

I tell you what; if you'd like to answer the original question I'll consider whether your response was purely rhetorical or just time-wasting.

Aha! Answering a question with another question, eh? This is also known as a counter-question, and is invariably used when one's argument starts to fall apart.

I tell you what; if you'd like to answer the original question I'll consider whether your response was purely rhetorical or just time-wasting.

i stated that AJ was lucky not to go through the fence after hard riding by Holder, you then posed a question about him going to hospital...yeah?? So... No AJ didn't end up in hospital, but what has that got to do with my post??...

How's the argument falling apart?? What 'argument'?? :)

Edited by Arson fire

i stated that AJ was lucky not to go through the fence after hard riding by Holder, you then posed a question about him going to hospital...yeah?? So... No AJ didn't end up in hospital, but what has that got to do with my post??...

How's the argument falling apart?? What 'argument'?? :)

What has your post about Chris Holder got to do with what I was discussing, viz Nicki's insufferably rude attitude after wiping out AJ? Rather than attempting to respond to the point in question, you're just introducing red herrings to try to cloud the issue.

What has your post about Chris Holder got to do with what I was discussing, viz Nicki's insufferably rude attitude after wiping out AJ? Rather than attempting to respond to the point in question, you're just introducing red herrings to try to cloud the issue.

By the same token what relevance did your reply have regarding my post regarding Holder and Pederson incident LAST WEEK-END.

in that case I would have quoted you, I never!! I merely made a point in the discussion, obviously a point you didn't like so then take umbridge yet again and twist things to suit your own petty agenda.....Fact is Holder was very hard on AJ, regardless if you like it or not, it's FACT!!! Grow up man, your not always right and constantly twist things just to p!ss people off...then play the victim...it's like being at bloody work ffs.

Btw you do agree though dont you?? :)

You are the master of that.

Doesn't really make up for his rudeness after wiping out AJ though, does it?

This is about the referee failing to make a decision. If you want to question the personalities of the two riders, we could rake up spitgate where Holder spat out at the camera. But it's not a thread about that, it's about the referee failing to make a decision to exclude CH or NP.