British Speedway Forum

Referee Just Bottled Semi Decision

Wasn't there a match against Villa when Vidic should have been sent off for a professional foul and even Ferguson admitted he should have gone.

That incident wouldn't have happened on turn 1 lap 3 because Nicki wouldn't have been on the kerb more likely stuffing someone else in the fence!

The decision would have been called first bend bunching at any meeting in the world.

Proud to be a jumped up Poole idiot and i agree this is probably your one and only non Poole bashing post.

Edited by foreverblue

Wasn't there a match against Villa when Vidic should have been sent off for a professional foul and even Ferguson admitted he should have gone.

That incident wouldn't have happened on turn 1 lap 3 because Nicki wouldn't have been on the kerb more likely stuffing someone else in the fence!

The decision would have been called first bend bunching at any meeting in the world.

Proud to be a jumped up Poole idiot and i agree this is probably your one and only non Poole bashing post.

Would it? I think not.

'First bend bunching' isn't in any rule book. The correct call is 'unsatisfactory start' which Ackroyd decided to call on. The argument is whether or not the first bend after a clean start comes under that heading. Ackroyd thought it did, some think not.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 1

Would it? I think not.

'First bend bunching' isn't in any rule book (the correct call is 'unsatisfactory start') which Ackroyd decided to call on. The argument is whether or not the first bend after a clean start comes under that heading. Ackroyd thought it did, some think not.

A first bend incident is more often than not all four back whatever the rule book says and the referee's decision is always final and unchangeable,his is the only opinion that counts and if Pedersen wasn't such a dirty rider maybe he might get a 50/50 decision go in his favour.He had to rely on countback to even be in the semi.

What I cant believe is with the TV replays avialable that the Ref still come to that decision,fair enough if it had been a league match with no TV evidence to look at and he had a split second decision to make. Should there be an independant panel to judge tv replays ? might be a fairer way. IMO Holder caused the race to be stopped.

ps

I am a fan of Holder but he got lucky in that decision.

Disgusting decision. Ref completely bottled it and shouldn't be given another FIM meeting again. Tainted title for Holder.

Tatum spot on, why were all the Aussie prats allowed in the pits? They have no business in there. James Holder embarrassing himself on track as he's so crap and now doing it in the pits trying to act a hard man. What a bell end.

• Like 1

Disgusting decision. Ref completely bottled it and shouldn't be given another FIM meeting again. Tainted title for Holder.

Tatum spot on, why were all the Aussie prats allowed in the pits? They have no business in there. James Holder embarrassing himself on track as he's so crap and now doing it in the pits trying to act a hard man. What a bell end.

FEEL better for that?

• Like 3

A first bend incident is more often than not all four back whatever the rule book says and the referee's decision is always final and unchangeable,his is the only opinion that counts and if Pedersen wasn't such a dirty rider maybe he might get a 50/50 decision go in his favour.He had to rely on countback to even be in the semi.

Yes, over here it is. But as others have said, not so much on the continent where a rider is more often than not excluded for a first bend incident. How often have the non-Brit refs kept all four in for instance. That's one of the reasons the Polish ref is slagged off on here for throwing a rider out in a first bend crash and some of us think it should be all 4 back.

Yes, I'm aware the ref is always rig has to make the call and what he says goes but isn't that what a forum is for, to debate things like this?

foreverblue correct vidic should have been sent off = wrong decision

holder wasnt excluded wrong decision.

i dont mind holder being champ its someone new and he is the best rider this year and on that reason he deserves it. i also dont agree with the people who say it is a tainted title because it isnt tainted at all the best rider won.

but please dont be so blinkered to think he wasnt lucky in the semi. first bend bunching doesnt exist so get away from that. was it an unsatisfactory start? pedersen was in front and got hit and fell off because he was hit. holder should have gone i cant see why people dont see this.

anyway well done to holder

the only way the title is tainted is beacuse of the idiots that were surrounding him amongst his crew, they let him down big time. pedersen was having a little wind up chat and to be fair holder was not paying to much attention then his twit of a brother gets involved!! aussie mentality lol

• Like 1

FEEL better for that?

Needs to be said Phil.

Awful, pathetic piece of refereeing. Surprised if he could look at himself in the mirror the morning after. He must have needed a change of underwear when back at the hotel as well as the occasion was much to big for him. Ackroyd looks a weak and timid character and his decision proves it.

Appreciate you won't criticise him as your part of the old boys network and probably travel with the lad to GP's, but your argument about being fair and calling for all four as it would be unfair for Holder says it all about the sport and the attitude of some.

PERHAPS it is you who should be looking in a mirror? Easy to throw such views and words around on here, most of which are totally distorted, and knowing full well that Craig Ackroyd cannot defend himself.

I don't travel with him but I can tell you that is neither weak nor timid and certainly didn't need a change of underwear as you so eloquently put it. If the incident was as clear cut as many of here believe then you can argue that the harder decision was the one he made.

Not quite sure what is this old boys' network you are talking about and if I had thought Craig was wrong would have said so. But I don't and haven't.

• Like 1

PERHAPS it is you who should be looking in a mirror? Easy to throw such views and words around on here, most of which are totally distorted, and knowing full well that Craig Ackroyd cannot defend himself.

I don't travel with him but I can tell you that is neither weak nor timid and certainly didn't need a change of underwear as you so eloquently put it. If the incident was as clear cut as many of here believe then you can argue that the harder decision was the one he made.

Not quite sure what is this old boys' network you are talking about and if I had thought Craig was wrong would have said so. But I don't and haven't.

We all know that you are fair and impartial Phil,as is Craig Ackroyd and he made a decision that was,in his opinion and judgement, fair and impartial which you like many also thought was fair and impartial.

The fact that some on here feel that it was the wrong decision just illustrates what a tough job refereeing is,as it is in most other sports.

We all know that you are fair and impartial Phil,as is Craig Ackroyd and he made a decision that was,in his opinion and judgement, fair and impartial which you like many also thought was fair and impartial.

The fact that some on here feel that it was the wrong decision just illustrates what a tough job refereeing is,as it is in most other sports.

QUITE right...

At the end of the day, Holder himself thought he was lucky to get all four back, which tells us that he expected to be excluded.... He didn't, he won and is world champ, good luck to him least he was man enough to say it....you need skill, determination,good equipment and a bit of luck to succeed after all....so maybe he'd earned it. :)

• Like 1

At the end of the day, Holder himself thought he was lucky to get all four back, which tells us that he expected to be excluded.... He didn't, he won and is world champ, good luck to him least he was man enough to say it....you need skill, determination,good equipment and a bit of luck to succeed after all....so maybe he'd earned it. :)

He was lucky in that instance, but it is all part of professional sport, makes it all the more dramatic, I thought the whole GP was superb

• Like 1

As others have said Holder earned it over tthe GP series,100% deserves all the credit coming his way when it didnt start off good in NZ.Seems a very down to earth person when speaking on sky and comes over really well,even putting himself down at times(why cant the Aussie cricket team be like that!!)

My final word to Phil is did he watch the interview on sky and does he still stick with all 4 back?Would you Phil admit it was such a bad call if Holder himself says he was lucky? Would you ever change your mind on this?