British Speedway Forum

Scunny 2013

I saw Ryan Douglas ride in a Swindon v Oxford second half last year (although as the Oxford team manager, I would have preferred he hadn't, because thanks to him, Swindon beat us ;) ).

He came in at late notice for Swindon, I think he was on a borrowed bike, and he scored 11 points out of 12, dropping his only point whilst taking his fourth ride in 4 races. He nearly went around Brendan Johnson with a brave move in Heat 4. He looked fast, with plenty of courage, which is ideal for riding at Scunny.

All the best

Rob

nearly went round Johnson lol....he must be quick then :)

If Ryan was on borrowed machinery, that should give him an idea of the level of equipment he needs to suceed(of EL 2nd string/PL heatleader standard) which would cost a lot of money. Gary Irving, also, knows the level of equipment he needs after borrowing bits off Rusty Harrison. It worked for "Palm Tree" to get decent equipment/tuning standard & the riders have to step up as they are Champions now & there to be shot at.

Edited by IronScorpion

Soon as Richie announced he was going back to Lakeside next year i think that ruled him out of Scunny's plans. I think Scorpions plans were always to keep the most of last year's team as possible.

As for Steve i dont think he would have been in the thinking of the Scorpions Promotion this time round.

Edited by Superstar1

Tried & trusted team towards the end of the season could have played a part in the decisions. Before his injury Jorgy, in 2012 was riding to about a 7.5 ave, Palm "Tree" after a poor 1st half of the season when his bikes were sorted, about 7.

Bring in Richie on 5.78 would have meant a 3 point reserve instead of Irving.

It was also stated that Richie had signed for Lakeside, a friday night track, so bringing in loan fees for our usable assets seemed the way to go.

Scunny for me are favourites for the PL , a really good line up no big changes but they are the team to beat.Josh , Howe toft jorgensen BIrks loads of improvement Douglas I think is a class act also I believe at Sheffield koppe will do well the minimum he will be exciting too watch.!

Edited by sidney

I have to agree that they look strong for 2013 but until other teams declare their line-ups it is difficult to make comparisons.

Somerset have just named two good signings and they will score heavily at the top end.

Workington should also go well. Ipswich too.

Ideally - and I say this as a Scunny supporter - there will be plenty of teams who come to the tapes next March with high hopes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ryan Douglas scored just one point in the Australian U21 championship recently so let's hope for better things when he arrives in this country or we just might regret letting not only Nick Morris but Stefen Nielsen go to the very strong Somerset side.

See your living up to your name!! and How do you no that Nick didnt want to ride for a southern based team near to where he is based

Edited by montie
  • Like 1

See your living up to your name!! and How do you no that Nick didnt want to ride for a southern based team near to where he is based

That is what the word was he wanted further down south and a less northern based team