British Speedway Forum

Nicki Or Chris?

The Monster sponsored series will probably end up with a Monster sponsored rider winning the title. I think it all boils down to the track and [possible] tactical riding by some... and not for the first time ;)

I'm flying out on Friday morning, with a few other crew, so we'll see what the tracks like ahead of the big day.

Edited by deadmau5

Torun is a track which really brings out in the open a rider's full repetoire of skills. In my opinion, Chris Holder is the better all round rider and the best in the world right now. If he handles the pressure, he'll prove that on Saturday. That's my head talking. But my heart has a soft spot for that pantomime villain Pedersen. Got my tickets - can't wait to see it all unfold!

don't really get people calling him arrogant and so on, .

At Lakeside a fan manged to get evrybodys autograph except Holders, apparantley he was 'too busy' to sign the programme

As for who I want to win, I'm not bothered, who ever wins the title will have worked all season for it, so deserve their success.

GP losing it's appeal to me after reading about JC's retirement

At Lakeside a fan manged to get evrybodys autograph except Holders, apparantley he was 'too busy' to sign the programme

BUT you don't actually know that he was "too busy" so a bit unfair to cast him as a villain don't you think?

As for who I want to win, I'm not bothered, who ever wins the title will have worked all season for it, so deserve their success.

GP losing it's appeal to me after reading about JC's retirement

Over the years I have warmed to Nicki, so if Greg cannot then I prefer him too. Holder is one of the new breed of Aussies with immense talent, but I am not convinced by their party all the time ethics. The likes of Adams, Wiltshire and Crump were total professionals and great ambassadors. Very was very little to dislike about them.

Holder, Ward, Watt, Nick Morris, to name a few need to take a leaf out of their elders.

• Like 2

if its wet holder will win it :neutral:

Over the years I have warmed to Nicki, so if Greg cannot then I prefer him too. Holder is one of the new breed of Aussies with immense talent, but I am not convinced by their party all the time ethics. The likes of Adams, Wiltshire and Crump were total professionals and great ambassadors. Very was very little to dislike about them.

Holder, Ward, Watt, Nick Morris, to name a few need to take a leaf out of their elders.

agree :D

SEE the video link posted elsewhere or go to

http://speedwaygp.co...hind-the-scenes

Looks like it will be wet in Torun tomorrow. Hope the roof does its job and the championship decider doesn't come down to a wet lottery.

Philip,

Can you tell me just how much weather the extended roof is expected to keep out at the Motoarena?

I know it's not the retractable type,but how far across the track does it extend? Any past evidence from Angels home matches?

PS: Keeping to the thread title I'll go for the best man on the night..............(but would like to see a new challenger prove himself)

Edited by lastword

IT rained for most of practice this evening but didn't affect the track. The roof works perfectly unless there is a high wind and the rain comes down horizontally. Forecast for tomorrow is more rain but the track should be okay. Lots of different lines today and very fast. Heat 13 ... will be unlucky for one but will it be crucial?

Although a Kings Lynn fan I would really like to see Chris Holder win the world title on Sat, He and Darcy get a lot of stick but I think they are all jealous, I would certainly like to see one or both at KL next year.

Would be good to see Darcy in the GPs. Anyway good luck Chris I just hope you can beat Pedersen ( try not to get between him and the fence)