British Speedway Forum

Plrc October 14th

Sorry dont use this forum much but Stevethelion if only you new about that day Rich told them when he sighned that day was a no go where would you have rather been if it was you in that postion and if you look back at the home meetings who was doing the winning so get of his back the team were not doing good before that meeting.

I agree with stevethelion - totally unprofessional conduct whatever the circumstances. Can you imagine Wayne Rooney being aloud time off ona match day just because it was his sisters wedding day......i think not. Moral/team spirit certainly improved following Richard Halls departutre

I think Cook was a deserving winner, he gained the most points qualifying even though he had 3 outside gates, well done.

I think every season there must be a number of injuries which are due to racing incidents, either being naive, too brave or slightly dangerous.... they happen. Josh Auty is a real nice lad & I am really suprised this vitriol is still ongoing & yes the cheering after Auty was injured from the Worky fans on bend 4 was disgusting, there are some really nice Worky fans but for you who cheered, shame on you.

As for the meeting, it was okay, couple of good close heats, Hally rode like a nutter (in a good way) & was very unlucky. Mellgren suprised me, he just got better & better. Strange with the outside gates being a desert for the first half, I dont seem to remember it being so bad at Owlerton before, is this normal?

Lewis I can assure you the Worky fans stood on the home straight did not cheer when Josh came off his bike, on the contrary he was roundly applauded when he got up from the track. I will acknowledge that we do give him a hard time as we do with Cookie but that is more about banter and there is no wish to see any rider injured. All we were doing on Sunday was making a lot of noise for our own riders and surely that's what us as supporters are there to do.

• Like 2

I was stood on the first bend Tina. you honestly think Josh jumped ship when he was going in a straight line for the corner with Robbe close to him and send his bike crashing down the track?? i know you come out with some utter beaulocks at times but that takes the biscuit!!!

He didn't fall off in a straight line he fell off going into the slide.....We obviously saw it differently. I resent the term beaulocks when a just a different opinion. Can you categorically confirm he didn't :-)

Opinion

• A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Edited by TMW
  • Like 1

He didn't fall off in a straight line he fell off going into the slide.....We obviously saw it differently. I resent the term beaulocks when a just a different opinion. Can you categorically confirm he didn't :-)

Opinion

• A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

he was 15yards short of the corner,aint you got any ironing to be on with???

he was 15yards short of the corner,aint you got any ironing to be on with???

So he fell off at the start :-)

Well if you had come to me on bend 1 and told me to my face I talk Beaulocks I would have shown you what I use my iron for..!!!!!!!!

Edited by TMW
  • Like 2

booing a rider is slightly different to cheering when somebody has taken a heavy fall

never said they were two seperate incidents

however, how anyone could boo a rider after the ride he had put in mystfies me, what ever the past was, surely as speedway fans they could have shown their appreciation for such a good ride, or maybe not

Edited by The Third Man

Lewis I can assure you the Worky fans stood on the home straight did not cheer when Josh came off his bike, on the contrary he was roundly applauded when he got up from the track. I will acknowledge that we do give him a hard time as we do with Cookie but that is more about banter and there is no wish to see any rider injured. All we were doing on Sunday was making a lot of noise for our own riders and surely that's what us as supporters are there to do.

Workington fans best there by far!

• Like 2

Opinion

Good picture for you in the comic this week,.......

Good picture for you in the comic this week,.......

I stick by my original opinion the only one going in a straight line is Melgren!!!:-)

I could not sneak a sausage roll in, how did you manage a pile of ironing.

Doesn't everyone take a pile for the breaks between heats???

I hope all riders make a good speedy recovery !!!!

Edited by TMW

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know what is going on here but cookie has tweeted that he only got £1,000 cash for winning instead of the advertised £3,000 new bike.

Supposedly this happened at the ELRC as well, this just tops off a season that should be wiped from the record books, as anybody reading in the future will never believe it.

This reminds me of stories from the soviet era.

Time for a clear out starting at the top and get someone in who is neutral and has the cojones to drag the sport into the modern world in this country.

( not like me to get annoyed :-))

• Like 1

Well if thats the case, that will be the last BSPA Event I will attend, shamefull. Lost for words. Let's start a fans revolt and boycott the first BSPA Shared Event (Not the BEN Fund Meeting) !!

Take em to court Cookie, Trades description act!

• Like 1