British Speedway Forum

Plrc October 14th

Leicester fans acting like morons, there's a surprise. I had the misfortune to have a run in with a couple of them at Beamont Park recently when they cheered Jason Garrity taking a tumble.

I really hope they do pi*s off to the Elite League next year, so us supporters of PL clubs won't have to put up with their tiresome behaviour. It's a real shame, because the people that run the place are such a friendly bunch, but some of their support let the club down badly.

They'll fit in well with EL clubs in the area where that's concerned, believe me. Coventry are absolutely appalling.

As a meeting i thought it was quite good,when you have got top riders around there making starts is vital and if they get the noses in front will always take some catching, so to say crap track and gate and go etc is a bit unfair

Well done to C.C on his will ,a deserved winner

Hope all the injured lads are on the mend and best wishes for there recoverys

Had to feel for Richard Hall ,EF i think cost him a place in the semi,he was great entertainment in all his races,never gives up some nice passes by Auty and Seb Alden to, James Greives was a joke tho,quite clear he didnt want to be there at all and if that the case for christ sake give his place to someone that does

Lastly,the two awful looking ladys from the north west who continued to hurl abuse at Auty,even when injured,please stay in the Kennel next year

• Like 2

Cook was a fortunate winner, Doyle had him leathered in the first running of the final.

Full credit to Hall and Alden, the entertainers of the day, Aldens from the back display against Fisher and Doyle was sensational.

Have to agree, on both runs of the final he wasn't at the front, Doyle and Mellgren were ahead before the horrific crashes in both races . He may have finished on top with 12 points but when you put the other top 3 of the day with him he was very very lucky to win. Hopefully our Rene will be okay and best wishes go to Doyle and Auty (not my favourite rider by far) but all suffered horrific crashes which marred a great afternoon of speedway and banter .

Not a lover of individual meetings but having 2 Scunny riders in the meeting went to support them both. It was just an OK meeting only a couple exciting races. Weather was kind for a change and looked a decent crowd. Shame no air fence, however best wishes to the 3 injured riders, speedy recovery to all of you!

They'll fit in well with EL clubs in the area where that's concerned, believe me. Coventry are absolutely appalling.

As a lions supporter it made me appreciate the air fence having witnessed the 3 crashes on turns 1/2. However with regard to leicester fans acting like morons....are you sure you were there?

All I saw was a large leicester following that were all in goods voice supporting capt. nemo and extremely well behaved as usual.

Obviously Scunthorpe are through to the final eh, dates arranged etc. :rolleyes: . Nowt like getting a bit too big for your boots :nono:

Read it porperly davidj. It does say "provisional dates" and " if Workington fail to win at Edinburgh" Not being too big for our boots at all. Actually you could say our Management has been on the ball!
  • Like 1

Obviously Scunthorpe are through to the final eh, dates arranged etc. :rolleyes: . Nowt like getting a bit too big for your boots :nono:

Do you know the meaning of the word 'provisional'? Nothing wrong with clubs saying what will happen IF they get through.

Well done Cookie on the win. Deserved it on the day.

Pity the gate wins were a bit lop-sided (always favoured the inside gates), a couple of decent overtakes, but, again, not the greatest of meetings, which seem to drag on, even if you take the hold ups after Auty's crash out of the equation.

Couldn't see the point of a 20-odd minute interval, especially when the start was delayed by 20 minutes, when you consider 3 riders in the meeting and numerous officials and fans had to head to Newcastle for a 7.30pm start.

Didn’t have the best view of it from the 3rd and 4th bend, could you have put forward a case for Auty being excluded in heat 10?

I don’t mind Auty, sorry to hear he was injured, but I thought he was a bit over his limits yesterday with some of his racing.

Didn’t have the best view of it from the 3rd and 4th bend, could you have put forward a case for Auty being excluded in heat 10?

I don’t mind Auty, sorry to hear he was injured, but I thought he was a bit over his limits yesterday with some of his racing.

Some Scunthorpe fans behind me (3rd and 4th bend, too! Looking straight down the home straight), thought the same thing. As did I, I might add.

Have to agree, on both runs of the final he wasn't at the front, Doyle and Mellgren were ahead before the horrific crashes in both races . He may have finished on top with 12 points but when you put the other top 3 of the day with him he was very very lucky to win. Hopefully our Rene will be okay and best wishes go to Doyle and Auty (not my favourite rider by far) but all suffered horrific crashes which marred a great afternoon of speedway and banter .

The last time I looked the winner of a race is decided at the end of four laps - I assume you have psychic powers that told you Cook wouldn't have passed anyone in front of him? Not like you to be bitter about anything to do with the Monarchs!

• Like 3

How can you possibly lump all supporters as one unit, in this case Coventry? For a start off I don't cheer when an opposing rider falls off and there are many like me at Brandon. There are 'good' and 'bad' fans at all tracks.

• Like 3