British Speedway Forum

Plrc October 14th

After the meeting, Jason Doyle walked back from the medical room to his van where he collapsed onto all 4's holding his chest and in a lot of pain. Ambulance came back around and took him away to hospital. I hope he is going to be OK; he was concious and holding his side but as I said, in much pain and discomfort.

The meeting was ok up until the semi........

Thought the track held up well, considering it was sodden on Thursday night.

And when we arrived at 9.30 this morning it was frozen solid, thank god the sun came out or it may have needed spikes to get round.

Well done to all who put on a show and best wishes to all the riders that took knocks..

After the meeting, Jason Doyle walked back from the medical room to his van where he collapsed onto all 4's holding his chest and in a lot of pain. Ambulance came back around and took him away to hospital. I hope he is going to be OK; he was concious and holding his side but as I said, in much pain and discomfort.

The meeting was ok up until the semi........

Hope he's ok, pity what happened in the semi.

I don't understand why Craig Cook is getting so much grief... Ok, he may have been lucky that the original staging was rained off while he was injured, but he was the top points scorer in the heats today, so in my mind deserved to be crowned as champion... Sam Masters was nowhere near being the best rider in the PL last year, but I don't remember many people saying he was underserving of the 2011 PLRC title.

Craig Cook may not be one of the most exciting to watch and today he did what he had to do, made gates, and in the races where he didn't was right on the tail of the eventual race winner from what I've read on updates... You don't attain that average by being lucky, so hats off to him.

Special mention to Anders Mellgren who defied the odds with a battling second place and to Craigs mechanic Mark

Best wishes to Josh Auty and Jason Doyle who I read sustained injuries.

Unfortunately I had to give today a miss, but pleased that those who did go got to see a full meeting, even if the track surface was disappointing.

is it not unreasonable to suggest that a meeting such as this should be run with an airfence in place,the powers too be seem to be more worried about riders having the right size mats under their bikes than their safety.best wishes to those that suffered injuries.

• Like 4

is it not unreasonable to suggest that a meeting such as this should be run with an airfence in place,the powers too be seem to be more worried about riders having the right size mats under their bikes than their safety.best wishes to those that suffered injuries.

Quite agree well done Cookie thought Seb might have got more points as he was flying last night

Josh Auty suspected broken wrist. (Cant believe after the Auty crash they didnt notice there was a problem with a hole on bend 1 it wasnt till first Bach then Doyle hit it for them to realise there was a problem).

http://scunthorpespeedway.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1350239249&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

• Like 2

Explain?? Or is that too difficult

And what about it?? He was very very very lucky in the final when he was 3rd on a track that was slicker than the M1 then Bach fell then Doyle fell

I didn't think anyone would grudge him his victory after the season he's had and the fact that he's just back from an injury lay off. You just proved me wrong.

Put your negativity to one side for a minute and appreciate the guys contribution to the Premier and Elite Leagues this season and remember that luck goes both ways. He broke his wrist coming up to the business end of the season at a testimonial when leading by a country mile. I'd say he was due a bit of luck after that.

Have a look over your posts, then sit down and have a word with yourself.

Hope the injured guys are OK.

• Like 1

well done cookie deserved winner

pity the Leicester fans have to boo richard hall all the time, even after he has put in a great ride only to have an ef on the last bend, bit of luck they may be in the EL next year.

was in the bar for the final where some moron cheered and laughed when bach fell, as he had cooke in the sweep and didnt look like winning until the crash, soon shut up when i asked him who he wanted to fall in the rerun if cooke wasnt winning

Quite possibly the worst meeting I've ever seen at Owlerton ever, if the Bspa are going to have these meetings on tracks prepared like this then the Plrc should be at Rye House, truly awful. Think Cook and Mellgren in the final proves this

Cook has been one of the top riders in the league all year so dont think it was any surprise he was in the final.

pity the Leicester fans have to boo richard hall all the time, even after he has put in a great ride only to have an ef on the last bend, bit of luck they may be in the EL next year.

Leicester fans acting like morons, there's a surprise. I had the misfortune to have a run in with a couple of them at Beamont Park recently when they cheered Jason Garrity taking a tumble.

I really hope they do pi*s off to the Elite League next year, so us supporters of PL clubs won't have to put up with their tiresome behaviour. It's a real shame, because the people that run the place are such a friendly bunch, but some of their support let the club down badly.

I didn't think anyone would grudge him his victory after the season he's had and the fact that he's just back from an injury lay off. You just proved me wrong.

Put your negativity to one side for a minute and appreciate the guys contribution to the Premier and Elite Leagues this season and remember that luck goes both ways. He broke his wrist coming up to the business end of the season at a testimonial when leading by a country mile. I'd say he was due a bit of luck after that.

Have a look over your posts, then sit down and have a word with yourself.

Hope the injured guys are OK.

Cookie is a brit so knock him off his pedestal come on guys give him some credit you can only race whoever is in your race he didnt knock doyley off..well done cookie.. :blink:

Cook was a fortunate winner, Doyle had him leathered in the first running of the final.

Full credit to Hall and Alden, the entertainers of the day, Aldens from the back display against Fisher and Doyle was sensational.

Then Doyle should have stayed on his bike and beat him in the final. It happens, Craig won and some years ago would have been champion with most points. Hope Doyles ok, I fancied him or Cook to win, been best two riders this year, pity Barker wasn't there though.