British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2013

Yep a big well done lakeside. Fantastic news

But what I want to know is WHO is the mystery rider???????

It looks to me very much like a former Eastbourne junior who branched into team management then became a promoter and MC member and who was reported to be having secret practice sessions on the track at the end of the season. :t:

Really makes me laugh how all everybody has been doing is moaning about the state of British speedway and how there are no riders coming through and now lakeside are doing something about and people are still having a pop. Jealousy is a horrible thing, instead of making pathetic remarks why don't you ask all the promoters of the other clubs why they can't be bothered to do anything about it? Well done lakeside speedway a club who cares about speedway in Britain.

• Like 3

Really makes me laugh how all everybody has been doing is moaning about the state of British speedway and how there are no riders coming through and now lakeside are doing something about and people are still having a pop. Jealousy is a horrible thing, instead of making pathetic remarks why don't you ask all the promoters of the other clubs why they can't be bothered to do anything about it? Well done lakeside speedway a club who cares about speedway in Britain.

It makes me laugh how ignorant some supporters are of how Training tracks operate in this Country at all, helping run the oldest one in operation with no funding whatsoever, in fact it costs money to be associated with the B.S.P.A.

• Like 1

That statement actually borders upon libel.

Just for the record, this track has been entirely funded, and built, by the Promotion of Lakeside Speedway Club.

If I was Jon Cook, then I'd have a solicitor writing to the owner of this forum to obtain details of your ISP address, before taking legal action, if I'm totally honest.

Woah, don't get overheated!! If you read the official press release it says that the BSPA grant funded the fencing and shale!! My 'tongue in cheek' comment about JC, in respect of his BSPA Vice Chair position was made because the BSPA have not exactly demonstrated their huge support for this type of project in the past!

In any case, I know JC from his time at Eastbourne and he won't take offence. As I said its money well spent!. :t:

Edited by Skidder
  • Like 3

Many professional riders have progressed through the amateur racing scene and it would be nice if this was recognised by the BSPA - perhaps there can be some sort of tie-up between this excellent new facility and the amateur clubs, who do offer racing opportunities for those developing their abilities and are run by volunteers, not for profit. At the moment we have to pay around £1000 to hire a track, provide all the officials and organsie all the riders and racing programme etc.

I`d like to think that Lewis and Lakseide will benefit from this move -He is soon due to become a Dad so hopefully than will help him grow up a bit , and show a bit of responsibility , together with the Lakseide link with Rico , somebody who Lewis had a lot of respect for , and hopefully he will have convinced Mr Hagon that he has a better attitude all round , therefore he will be well supported with Kit ,all in all a lot of positives imo

Bags of Potential , still untapped / unproven ................ upto you now Mr Bridger

Lucky

• Like 1

Moving to another small track is yet another poor move by Lewis ..really needs to step outside his comfort zone , thou from a Lakeside point of view he will do a good job for them .

Maybe so, but a year away at another small trakc just to get away then next season he can go to a bigger track. Small steps and all that.

Maybe so, but a year away at another small trakc just to get away then next season he can go to a bigger track. Small steps and all that.

Yes, I agree, although I would guess he maybe did not have many big-track options on the table after not really doing much at Peterboro and Cov. , In the short term it seems to be a good move to be somewhere where he can score some points, make some money and start to clear his debts so Lakeside seems to be a decent move. The problem will be if he does well and Lakeside want to buy him or do a straight contract swap with Eastie for Adam Shiellds, then what ? Big decision for Lewis if that happens. The thing is that PK and Davey won't be around for ever and all Lakeside's assets are second strings and reserves so they need to be looking for young riders like Lewis as assets who can step up to a decent heat-leader role.

• Like 1

Well said SCB.

Plus going to the club where his hero rode might just help to re-focus his ability.

Unlike some i wish the lad well.

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 4

On hindsight, I'd actually prefer to have Lewis at Lakeside, rather than lose a talented Brit to the sport for good.

Hopefully, he has matured. Cookie could man-manage him no doubt and the Hagon sponsorship may just re-materialise.

But the crux of the matter is that he rode his nuts off to win Rico's meeting, and looked pretty exceptional. He DOES have a lot of ability and potentially still some untapped talent.

He may have made mistakes in the past, but come on! Were all of us on this forum completely 'whiter than white' during our youth? I know I certainly wasn't! Or did we all make mistakes, that we later regretted and learnt from as we matured?

So I take back what I said on the Lakeside 2013 post. If becoming a HAMMER gives Lewis a final chance, then good luck to him.

I'm beginning to think he wouldn't let us down after all, and may just be the sort of bloke we are looking for.

Looking like your crystal ball tells truth, maybe he will be helped from above by rico too, others must not keep dishing our own talented British Riders before they have the maturity , experience, money and backing to prove themselves.Sometimes to much is expected too early. You have been thrown a life line Lewis , Good Luck.