British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2013

They're trying to get some old air fence sections for the corners , as these need to be removable for parking. At least that's what Jon told me at Lee's meeting. So hopefully soon.

Beat 3 Gp riders round arena!

Won his British Under 21 Champ their too.I think Cookie could straighten him out, Bridger cant afford to get it wrong he will have more mouths to feed soon. As said above, he has talent which some team could tap into if they guide and help him financially.

Just seen this from the Hammers website:

"The Lakeside Hammers will be making a major announcement, exclusively on the Lakeside Hammers website, tomorrow, Thursday 15th November at 11am. The announcement is not rider based."

Any ideas???

PL???

Jon Cook stepping down as BSPA Vice-Chair?

Not long to wait now.

Hagon Shocks Training Academy opens in late January!!

Also says so supporters etc of all ages can have a go ,so they know what its like before a match. All equipment supplied ,a chance for those without equipment :wink: ,to get some practice in . Good on martin looking to the future thats what the sport needs.

A new 180 metre training track. The riders will think the main track is tiny when they progress into the real thing!

The sport now has a properly organised and financed training academy with a purpose built training track, and, crucially with ex-riders on hand to help the novices, something that many posters on here have been wanting for a long time. and yet the knockers still can't find anything positive to say about it. Jon Cook gets his fair share of criticism on here some of it justified, but you can't knock the bloke for his commitment to developing British talent. Its a pity certain other promoters take the short term view that bringing over endless foreigners on false averages is a quick fix way of winning the league, rather that looking at the long term future of British speedway.

• Like 1

I'm proud to be a supporter of the Lakeside Hammers.

Unlike most other promotions, ours don't just sit on their arses doing nothing, or constantly spout rhetoric that they think people want to hear in front of the Sky cameras, or within their programme notes, about developing English riders.

Stuart Douglas and Jon Cook have actually done something about it - fair play to them.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!

Edited by The Voice Of Reason

Unlike most other promotions, ours don't just sit on their arses doing nothing, or constantly spout rhetoric that they think people want to hear in front of the Sky cameras, or within their programme notes, about developing English riders.

Stuart Douglas and Jon Cook have actually done something about it - fair play to them.

Totally agree with you fair play to them.

....and funded by a grant from the BSPA!!!

I wonder if they know, or whether JC just helped himself from the petty cash tin?! Either way, money well spent!! :t:

• Like 1

....and funded by a grant from the BSPA!!!

I wonder if they know, or whether JC just helped himself from the petty cash tin?! Either way, money well spent!! :t:

That statement actually borders upon libel.

Just for the record, this track has been entirely funded, and built, by the Promotion of Lakeside Speedway Club.

If I was Jon Cook, then I'd have a solicitor writing to the owner of this forum to obtain details of your ISP address, before taking legal action, if I'm totally honest.

• Like 1

I take it then a grant is available to any purpose built training track in the country that likes to apply to the B.S.P.A. and is associated to them for the sole use of bringing on British youngsters, or is Lakeside a ' special' case for obvious reasons.