British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2013

My opinion and I'm entitled to it?

Not with that kind of opinion your not. Awful thing to say.

Just to add.

I hope the UK follows the Swedish line and allows any UK rider to double down if they want to.

Saying that of course we wont do that because it will probably be against EEC laws or some law at the least. :neutral:

Forget the name Think of the rider

Can we in the British EL or any league afford to lose young and up and coming talent and yes i agree some do think their a star as soon as they get on a bike.But if we end up with no british riders in the EL what hope for team GB.

If they can and want to let them DU

Always go for the mad riders, me, so of course, I liked Bridger. But he didn't really fulfil his potential, and a few mis-judged interviews put me off. This brings a whole new slant on things, and I have a new-found respect for him, for his loyalty, and also for the Dugards (and as an ex-Hackney and Canterbury fan that doesn't come easy!) for sticking with him. I hope both can find a resolution, and we'll see him riding again next year.

I'm quite surprised that Bridger hasn't got the support behind the scenes that he needs given all the Eastbourne connections he has. Clearly he needs to be racing in the PL and doubling up in the EL, hope he can make this happen then have a really good 2013?!

• Like 1

Problem is that his average is inflated too high and nobody will sign him for a big circuit.

If the BSPA re-assessed his average to a 5.00, I wouldn't mind him at P'boro.

On what grounds,and why would the BSPA feel the need to re-asses Bridgers average.

Like others have said he needs to be racing in the PL,with the chance of doubling up into the EL.

Put aside the fact it's Lewis Bridger, instead look at it as 22 year old British 7 point EL rider. Really isn't good is it? Any Brit should be allowed to double up.

I agree, when oh when will British Speedway start helping British Riders. As you say forget its Bridger, he was a hell of a talent and British Speedway should have helped him to nurture that talent

Sadly we help overseas riders over here more than our own

• Like 2