British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2013

Good luck to Adam Ellis

So unlucky for Nilsson. I hope he comes to belle Vue in place of Mroczka. Or nemo

Good luck to Adam Ellis

So unlucky for Nilsson. I hope he comes to belle Vue in place of Mroczka. Or nemo

How does this work? Ulamek was a top 20 rider, so now Lakeside have 3.

Adam Ellis started the season with an assessed average (in fact he still has it) so how can he double up?

Are Lakeside after Poole title?

Adam Ellis started the season with an assessed average (in fact he still has it) so how can he double up?

Are Lakeside after Poole title?

Thought he was no 21 ?

The fact Ellis hasn't got a PL GSA is what's stopped it apparently, I have been told Lakeside have gone back to their original line up.

I do take your point about a top 20 rider but the rule covering this (17.7.1) mentions INITIAL declaration so additions after that clearly are open to future MC interpretation.

It's this constant moving of the goal posts that really pisses me off with this sport, for gods sake let Tony Steele or another qualified independent person re write the mess we currently call the speedway regulations because if the Vice Chair cannot get his head around it what chance has anyone else.

• Like 1

17.7.1 An initial declaration can include only 2 Riders graded as “A” on the Listing approved at the EL AGM. In an initial or re-declaration up to 3 Doubling-Up Riders may be included who must at the time of (re)declaration: a) be in a Premier League’s currently Declared 1 – 7, B) have a PL MA established prior to the start of the season and c) give absolute priority to all British Speedway fixtures.

Ellis didnt have a PL GSA at the start of the season and as mentioned above still hasn't so the declaration falls foul of 17.7.1 b

In fact if my memory serves me right it was the same rule that prevented Adam Roynon from riding for Peterborough a few years ago.

Edited by bigcatdiary

According to the list someone published on here Rory Schlein is the lowest A Grade rider on 7.33, Ulamek now comes in on a 7.10. The next one down I think is Peter Kildemand on 6.98 and he is definitely not on the A list so it looks like Seb is just outside at no 21. According to the regulations a list of A grade riders is supposed to be published each year but I can't find it anywhere.

Ipswich have dropped him then?

I don't know. As I recall Kim Nilsson came straight in to the side mid-season from Newport without doubling up and as far as I know , a re-declared 1-7 has not yet been published ( we don't yet know if it has formally been re-declared at this stage) . As last weeks Coventry meeting was cancelled I don't have a programme so I don't know how the team shapes up. You might well be right about him doubling up but pending any formal announcement we can't really say on what basis he is in the side. The Lakeside statement talks about him being in the side short-term initially so I suppose there are different permutations that could be worked out including the possibility that if Mear is still named as a d/u rider and there are fixture clashes with Rye House, Adam could I suppose be a PL guest for Mear and/or Richard Lawson. I don't suppose we'll know with for definite how the team shapes up until the new averages come out and the team is formally named for the next meeting, unless there is a formal statement on re-declaration in the meantime.

Edited by E I Addio

According the the GSA's just published Rob Mear remains in the 1-7 as a d/u on a 4.09 and he will ride on Monday against Coventry but he will be riding for Rye House at Somerset on 7th June so Adam Ellis comes in as a guest to replace him. So that seems to answer SCB's query.

According the the GSA's just published Rob Mear remains in the 1-7 as a d/u on a 4.09 and he will ride on Monday against Coventry but he will be riding for Rye House at Somerset on 7th June so Adam Ellis comes in as a guest to replace him. So that seems to answer SCB's query.

Would having seb & mear put them over the point limit? Says they are 43.43 pt with new team

Edited by mdmc82

Would having seb & mear put them over the point limit? Says they are 43.43 pt with new team

I can't see how Lakeside can replace a 4.80 rider with one on a 7.10 average. I thought you could only do like for like and if you re-declare its to 42.5 team average?

Doh! Team average is ok from 1 June! My bad!

Edited by Steve0

I can't see how Lakeside can replace a 4.80 rider with one on a 7.10 average. I thought you could only do like for like and if you re-declare its to 42.5 team average?

Thats what i thought as they are over limit. Can anybody explain?