British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2013

PK can beat anyone at Monmore as its his spiritual home.

Last years 8.68 average says he has two spiritual homes now and two sets of fans that love him. Its an absolute privilege to have such a great sportsman(in every sense of the word) in the team.

With regard to Fred's testimonial and with due respect to the riders concerned I think the name of the game will be to put on a show and raise a decent wedge for Fred without doing anything silly before the season starts in earnest so I wouldn't read too much into the result. Best wishes to all riders for a good meeting.

• Like 1

Last years 8.68 average says he has two spiritual homes now and two sets of fans that love him. Its an absolute privilege to have such a great sportsman(in every sense of the word) in the team.

Make that three sets of fans. He was well respected and made lots of friends among the red and black faithful in his stints at the Showground. I'd say he is still the most popular visiting rider there now.

• Like 1

If you cut PK he would bleed black and gold.

Saying that you always get 110% from PK - it is no wonder he is well respected by fans through-out the UK and other teams he has ridden for.

The man is still a class act - yet you still get the yearly insults by some calling him `old man` and past his best.

He remains a top rider in the UK, and it is so good to see positives about the Wolves legend.

you still get the yearly insults by some calling him `old man` and past his best.

I've always regarded the 'old man' comments as admiring rather than otherwise. 'The old man continues to show the youngsters' -- that kind of thing. Tremendous rider and top bloke. Great deadpan sense of humour, too, topped off with that Sweden-meets-Gornal accent.

Make that three sets of fans. He was well respected and made lots of friends among the red and black faithful in his stints at the Showground. I'd say he is still the most popular visiting rider there now.

Make it four with Belle Vue fans :D

I've always regarded the 'old man' comments as admiring rather than otherwise. 'The old man continues to show the youngsters' -- that kind of thing. Tremendous rider and top bloke. Great deadpan sense of humour, too, topped off with that Sweden-meets-Gornal accent.

In that context yes Fourentee, but when it is followed by past his best, not a number one etc then it becomes a derogatory.

Thankfully his usual knockers have been quiet this season because, lets face it, the black and gold legend is STILL doing the business!

Ah, so that is the dialect , i couldn't quite place it. :D

Edited by stevebrum

Make it four with Belle Vue fans :D

Stalker alert. :P:D

• Like 1

I just read this on Lewis's website. www.lewisbridger.com

I have some amazing sponsors for 2013, but speedway racing is very expensive and I could still do with some more financial assistance. This would enable me to have the very best equipment and to be able to pursue my dream of becoming a British World Champion. If you are able to help me in any way, no matter how small, please do donate www.gofundme.com/277bhg Thank you.

To recognise all of those people who kindly donate, I will list your name on the sponsors page of my website.

• Like 1

Just found a competition for all Lakeside fans on www.lewisbridger.com/news

To boost my Support Fund, here’s an Exclusive Competition for all of those people who are kind enough to make a donation.

The prize, is for two people to chill out with me prior to a Lakeside Home League meeting of your choice and then to watch the meeting from the Lakeside pits area and the opportunity to watch one heat from the centre green. This is a one off chance to get up close and involved with the action.

To be in with a chance of winning, please make a donation to my Support Fund www.gofundme.com/277bhg and for every £10 you donate, prior to 31st March you will receive one entry into the Prize draw. The winner will be drawn at random on 1st April.

To recognise all of those people who kindly donate, I will list your name on the sponsors page of my website.

• Like 1

PK may have pointy elbows in the first corner but he can still position himself well for all sixteen of them, witness that cut under Ward at the RICO meeting last year. Pity Ward decided to drop it because had he not done so the race would have been one to behold.

Oh yes, I remember that too. The night when Poole's 'golden boy' was unbelievably let back into the re-run, and then undeservedly won it.

Not to mention his previous race of course when he decided to side-swipe AJ - which could have resulted in an awful injury.

Unfortunately, Darcy Ward only cares about one thing........himself.

• Like 1