British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2013

So Lewis turns up with an upright! What is that all about?

Due to the event being cancelled twice, Lewis's 2013 bikes were all broken down for anodising and he did not have a bike available, so he either opted out of the meeting or turned up and had a go. As he need to get a few laps under his belt, he decided to have a go, especially as he had a very competitive Jawa engine tested and ready to use, which would probably have caused a few surprises! Unfortunately he blew that engine up whilst practicing on Thursday afternoon, leaving him little time to find another engine and fit it into the bike. He didn't finish building the bike until 3am on the morning of the meeting and given the travel time from Brighton to Somerset it gave him no opportunity to test it. Hence he was uncompetitive on the night, until he borrowed a bike for his final ride.

Edited by Animal

“Please don't get me wrong, Eastbourne are a great club and over the years they have done a lot for me, the fans have been great, but at times I felt as I was not being pushed and therefore I needed a new challenge.”

Bridgers words, not mine. Lewis to get where were we want to in this world, we have to push ourselves, you had the talent and promise as a 16 year old but let outside influences block your progress. Time to stand up and show British speedway and Lakeside you can be that rider.

Im not that convinced with the Lakeside team, Bridger and Worrall certainly have improvement in them but not so sure about the rest. Cant see Lakeside doing much away but IF they do manage to pick up a couple of away wins then they may sneak a P/O spot but i cant see it.

HI HAMMER FANS IM A OAP SPENDING EASTER IN LONDON IM GOING TO THE LAKESIDE V EASTBOURNE MATCH ON THE 29TH THE PROBLEM I GOT I CANT STAND FOR VERY LONG IS THERE ANYWHERE IF I BRING A CHAIR TO SIT ON THE BENDS AS IT WILL BE MY 1ST VISIT TO UR TRACK MANY THANKS

Bring your chair you will not have a prop and welcome too our track

Admittedly Kim did have some howlers last season but the fact remains that he put more on his starting average last season than any other Lakeside rider which is no mean feat for a rider in his first full EL season making the transition from reserve to the no2 position, especially as he was often having to go out in heat13 after we lost Lee.

Give the man a break (no pun intended) he has not turned a wheel in anger yet and I am sure Jon knows what he is about. For the past few years the teams put together have been pretty much kept together for the duration of the season, giving stability, and though yet to win the league the team has done a good job in reaching the play-offs.

Give the man a break (no pun intended) he has not turned a wheel in anger yet and I am sure Jon knows what he is about. For the past few years the teams put together have been pretty much kept together for the duration of the season, giving stability, and though yet to win the league the team has done a good job in reaching the play-offs.

It is what a lot of forum posters do. They write off a riders chances before a wheel has been turned.

I am sure the riders concerned or sensible posters don't worry to much about the opinions of those who think speedway is only ridden on paper.

Edited by stevebrum

Thanks very much. Fair play, your spelling has improved.

I was going to mention that too. KKS has finally learnt in what context to use 'their' and 'there'. His sauces must have improved :wink: and he now knows his onions.... ;)

• Like 4

Good to see that PK and Davy are having a run-out in the Freddie Lindgren testimonial. The track is similar to Arena and will be interesting to see how they fare against a very strong line-up.

PK can beat anyone at Monmore as its his spiritual home.

Davey has had some good meetings too.