British Speedway Forum

Lakeside 2013

Do you have any suggestions then?

Someone with an assessed 6.00 average?

Yep, some good young new foreigners on a 6.

Or could have got Klindt ............................ or if Nilsson's a must, had Doyle, Kennett, Barker or Janowski instead of Swiderski

Really??? With 6.05 they choose Nilsson?

Will they have 6.05? I would guess that with Worrall not achieving an actual EL average he will be on his converted PL average again which would be 3.47, leaving 5.58. Nilsson would then be the perfect fit.

Yep, some good young new foreigners on a 6.

Or could have got Klindt ............................ or if Nilsson's a must, had Doyle, Kennett, Barker or Janowski instead of Swiderski

Kim Nillson is good young and foreign so he ticks all your boxes. According to the published GSA's he seems to have put more on his starting average than anyone else in the Lakeside team last year so he seems a good prospect unless you have a crystal ball that says otherwise.. His only problem seems to be that his form is erratic at times but he is not unique among EL riders in that respect . At 22 years old he still has time on his side. At his best he was one of the few second strings beat Chris Holder last year. Doyle and Barker could both do a decent job (assuming their averages fit) but Lakeside are already likely to have Ritchie Worrall doubling up and personally I don't think its a good idea to risk more than one d/u rider going missing at crucial times if you can avoid it. Kennett? Far too high on his average.

The big gamble is with Swiderski IMO and whether he can regain his old form and his fitness after what was a really bad leg injury in 2011. If he can start going as he did in the last couple of months before he was injured he will be a steal but its a long road back from a bad injury so time will tell.

Edited by E I Addio

From Piotr Swiderski's website;-

"Hello everyone welcome, for me this season has ended speedway. Therefore, I would like to thank all the people who have influenced my career this year. Starting from coaches, mechanics by activists, sponsors, and ending with the fans who have supported me with their doping this season"

Really ? I didn't Know Big Fat Dave was a fan of his ! :party: :party: :party:

Will they have 6.05? I would guess that with Worrall not achieving an actual EL average he will be on his converted PL average again which would be 3.47, leaving 5.58. Nilsson would then be the perfect fit.

Almost right but Richie will benefit from the arrangement made last year by having his average adjusted by 2.5% for British riders emerging through the NL.

This is the team I expect to come to the tapes in 2013:

Peter Karlsson 8.61

Davey Watt 8.06

Piotr Swiderski 6.23

Lewis Bridger 6.11

Kim Nilsson 5.45

Robert Mear 4.44

Richie Worrall DU 3.38

total 42.28

• Like 1

Almost right but Richie will benefit from the arrangement made last year by having his average adjusted by 2.5% for British riders emerging through the NL.

Peter Karlsson 8.61

Davey Watt 8.06

Piotr Swiderski 6.23

Lewis Bridger 6.11

Kim Nilsson 5.45

Robert Mear 4.44

Richie Worrall DU 3.38

total 42.28

Its great to have Swidders back in the team, hope fully he can get back to his best for us next year.

If this the team for next year, then I am happy with this side . It will be stronger at home and will able to be compete away for home as well at some tracks. Hopefully Wolves can get there heat leaders signed so that we can announce PK. Also the only riders that may not ride for us next year would be Kim Nilsson, but that would only be if we could loan him out to one of the bigger track for a year. If that does happen which I very much doubt , we would have Peter Ljung in his spot.

Edited by weeman1

Almost right but Richie will benefit from the arrangement made last year by having his average adjusted by 2.5% for Lakeside riders emerging through the NL.

Peter Karlsson 8.61

Davey Watt 8.06

Piotr Swiderski 6.23

Lewis Bridger 6.11

Kim Nilsson 5.45

Robert Mear 4.44

Richie Worrall DU 3.38

total 42.28

I am sure you are right