British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh V Scunthorpe (play-offs) - Friday, Sept 28th (7.30pm)

And so here we go - the first fixture in Group 2 of the play-offs.

Scunny have Kevin Doolan and R/R to cover for David and the Tommy Gun.

Last time, Scunny won 54-39, despite being without Nick Morris (who was riding for Australia in the Under-21 World Team Cup).

Can the Scorpions sting the Monarchs again, or will the Monarchs strike back?

All the best

Rob

Cant see Scunthorpe winning this again.Edinburgh are possibly favourites to win the group with their returning riders although I think they missed Tabaka more than Cook. Scunny outscored the home reserves 17-2 last time out, if Tabaka is fit he'll score more than that. Cook will add a few more than Grieves did but even a 15pt score last time wouldnt have won it for the home side.

Cant see Doolan getting near Jorgensen's last total although Morris will outscore Wolbert. Birks and Palm Toft will have to repeat their previous scores to give them a chance.

Cant see Scunthorpe winning this again.Edinburgh are possibly favourites to win the group with their returning riders although I think they missed Tabaka more than Cook. Scunny outscored the home reserves 17-2 last time out, if Tabaka is fit he'll score more than that. Cook will add a few more than Grieves did but even a 15pt score last time wouldnt have won it for the home side.

Cant see Doolan getting near Jorgensen's last total although Morris will outscore Wolbert. Birks and Palm Toft will have to repeat their previous scores to give them a chance.

I guess much will depend on the fitness of Cook and Takaba.

Although even they are fit, I fancy Scunny to keep up their winning run and nick this.

All the best

Rob

Taken from the Edinburgh forum website....

EdinMonarchs Scotwaste Monarchs open their Play Off campaign against Scunthorpe at Armadale tonight. Afternoon showers have avoided track so all ok

Hope it remains so, wanting a Scunthorpe win but most importantly all riders stay safe & the meeting is good. Prediction 44-46 :)

So frustrating for the promotion (I live) ten miles down the road and it's bone dry!!

So is there any idea when restaging will be as with Edinburgh seemingly only running Friday nights this is going to cause big problems especially if next weeks is rained off as well.

Edited by WTF1