British Speedway Forum

Newcastle V Somerset Double Header Sun 30/09/2012 @ 5pm

Probably a bloody sight more than cough up £14 or whatever at Scunthorpe, so don't let it worry you.

About the same amount then that would love to punch your light out at times then..

What is your gripe with the crowd levels at Scunny,you said i shouldnt worry about stuff yet this issue really seems to worry you

The sad thing thing is i get the feeling that in your sad little mind you actually like crowd numbers to fall and clubs to struggle

Which team is it you follow in the north,i never did quite catch that???

• Like 1

I am a season ticket holder and would suggest to anyone that it makes sense to buy one. We pay up front for our tickets and get a bonus when the team get into finals etc. We suffer when we have paid for a season ticket and the team is crap and don't reach any finals. Swings and roundabouts over the years eh?

I hope both sets of fans will turn out to watch what we all want to see, our winning teams in the plays offs etc. Some Newcastle fans will no doubt miss the double header Somerset meeting due to the admission cost but I think many others will pay as they want to see Newcastle facing the best teams in the league and Somerset are definitely one of them.

It makes so much financial sense to run the four matches as double headers. Those that are critisizing just cannot see the "bigger picture". I am really looking forward to the coming weekend and my biggest concern is the weather. The forecast is better so lets cross our combined fingers, (Ouch!) My forecast? Newcastle to win all 4 matches 50-40

• Like 2

Brilliant Observation that....never thought of that.. :blink:

Aye. it's not all about sucking a straw down there. Ooo Arr

Edited by Tsunami

havent been all season, thought i would wait until the playoffs as those are the only matches that seem to matter, but at £25 no chance!!!. Just cant afford that, i await non stop abuse now from people saying the likes of me are disloyal etc but the playoffs are supposed to attract the likes of me back to the sport but this is just a farce

havent been all season, thought i would wait until the playoffs as those are the only matches that seem to matter, but at £25 no chance!!!. Just cant afford that, i await non stop abuse now from people saying the likes of me are disloyal etc but the playoffs are supposed to attract the likes of me back to the sport but this is just a farce

i was just saying last week, I'd not seen Terry Dacdil this season.... Has to be done in order to get all our remaining fixtures in before Xmas!!.
  • Like 1

So you've had 6 months of the season to save up £12.50 each for two meetings against a top side and it is too much? That's not disloyalty, that's bad financial planning.

I disagree with this sentiment I think in this climate that we are in and add in no home meeting to advertise it its a big ask, and I hope I am wrong but I don't expect a big crowed on Sunday and IMO its not what I would call value for money.

What do you rate as value for money? Yes! 30 heats is not guaranteed to produce 30 heats of great entertainment but the two matches are important are they not? If we were faced with a double header of league matches just to complete our league commitment and if we were no better than half way up the league I think I would be wavering to pay the double admission. But hey we are in the finals and I for one would have been delighted way back in March to be warned that an important double header may happen in September.

The only blame for this situation can be attached to the British weather and the fast approaching end of october deadline. Both sets of promoters agreed to the double double header and my main concern is still the weather. Somerset looks good for Friday but Newcastles forecast for Sunday ain't good

Newcastle to win all 4 matches 50-40 eh? Ok yes not likely but I had a bet on in march that we would win a match 50-40

• Like 1