British Speedway Forum

Ashley Jones Memorial Trophy, Norfolk Arena 26/09/12

From www.klstars.co.uk

Next Wednesday (26th) at 7:30pm 16 exciting riders will battle it out over 20 heats in the seventh Ashley Jones Memorial meeting at King's Lynn's Norfolk Arena.

The meeting features a number of rising stars including Scunthopre's Ashley Birks, Mildenhall's Stefan Nielsen and our very own Young Stars Lewis Kerr and Tom Stokes.

With Former Stars riders and club assets included in the lineup, racing at Saddlebow Road is set to be close with all 16 riders aiming for a place in the Grand Final.

Admission Prices: Adults £12, Concessions £10, 12-15 Year Olds £5, Kids under 11 Free.

Rider Lineup (Not in riding order)

1. Rohan Tungate, 2. Chris Mills, 3. Filip Sitera, 4. David Bellego, 5. Christian Henry , 6. Chris Schramm, 7. Simon Lambert, 8. Stefan Nielsen, 9. Ashley Birks, 10. Mickey Dyer, 11. Jari Makinen, 12. Micheal Palm Toft, 13. Hugh Skidmore, 14. Lewis Kerr, 15. Tom Stokes, 16. Alex Davies

Edited by Bagpuss

Going to be a bit chilly round the Arena tonight so we'll cancel the kilt wearing plans! :rofl:

Look forward to catching up with everyone for my very last speedway presentation duty at the Norfolk Arena.

Take messages and all that jazz via twitter @mikebspeedway

Can anyone who lives or works in Lynn verify what the club are saying about the weather? We've had quite a bit of rain in the Fakenham area this afternoon.

Bone dry when I left work. Had a bit of drizzle about lunch time but nothing since

• Like 1

Absolutely pissed off i have to miss this meeting,laying in my bed with bronchitis at the moment.

I would swap any of the Elite league meetings for this one.I hope there is a good crowd there tonight because Ashley Jones memory must live on.

Also looks a quite well balanced line up and there is riders i would like to see around the NA like Tungate,Bellego,Birks,Dyer etc.Hope the weather stays fine and its a cracking meeting.

Edited by tellboy

Has it really been raining that hard? I have just looked at the Met office rainfall radar, and although it doesn't show any significant rain in the area, it may not show the true picture.

Couldn't make it tonight, but a big "thank you" to Mike for being Speedways best MC for many years. It won't seem the same without you Mike! Pity if this was going to be your last announcing job, and its a victim of the weather. Just about sums up this season really.

• Like 1