British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

I think you'll find they did but lost all contact with him once the season finished. They tried contacting him several times all to no avail. It all became clear why later. I stand to be corrected here, but didn't Swindon have to pay a fine for illegally poaching/approaching a rider last year?

That old nutshell? I got fined £100 for not speaking to Rick or Julie although I had spoken to Trevor Swales who told me I had permission to speak to Hans and Batch. I assumed, wrongly, that he had the authority as he did not tell me otherwise. The fine was for not speaking to a promoter, not for an illegal approach. Ironically, Trevor became a promoter very shortly afterwards..

Edited by Midland Robin
  • Like 2

Oh my god Poole break the rules, the shock of it.

Be fair, they might have been a bit miffed by Bratters May 2009 programme :o

I have an admission to make tonight. Presently, I have no clue as to what the rules are for team building following the issue of green sheets for three of our riders. Poole have declared Hans Andersen in their side using one set of criteria and Coventry have declared Scott Nicholls in their side using a different set of criteria. We thought about trying to declare Nicki Pedersen in our side to replace Karol Zabik and perhaps if we had shouted loud enough and threatened to pull out of the league then we might have got an our own way and in doing so created a third criteria for declaring a team after the issue of green sheets. You couldn’t make it up – actually you probably could. I told the Chairman of the BSPA last week that they were opening up a can of worms, well, the worms are certainly wriggling all over the place currently. I felt our victory over Poole was a hollow victory and I complained in writing to the BSPA about the manner in which Poole conducted themselves during the meeting. Riders waving their partners by in order that they got the bonus point, and in doing so put their partner out of a job. A rider not wanting to take part in the rerun of a race because his point would assist in putting a member of the team out of a job, who was supposed to not be put out of a job. I witnessed it all with my own eyes, this was not hearsay, I saw what was going on and why the hell should I not tell you how YOU the paying public were cheated on the evening of May 14 by Poole Speedway.

That old nutshell? I got fined £100 for not speaking to Rick or Julie although I had spoken to Trevor Swales who told me I had permission to speak to Hans and Batch. I assumed, wrongly, that he had the authority as he did not tell me otherwise. The fine was for not speaking to a promoter, not for an illegal approach. Ironically, Trevor became a promoter very shortly afterwards..

I did post that I stand to be corrected. I remembered Swindon being fined, I thought it was for one of the Panthers' riders so not altogether wrong!

I'd make Hans the offer of a contract and offer Peterborough slightly more than we already have and let arbitration split the difference :P . I'd pay the £100 fine for ya, Patch. ;) Job done.

Peter Kildemand is nominated for athlete of the year in Denmark, please support and vote for him! cheers

http://www.tv2fyn.dk...&video_id=58060

Done and our boy appears to be in the lead. So no change there then. :D

Did you get permission this year?? :wink:

Pointless and childish. Wont change anything.

No, end of the day Pboro can only use one more rider in the top 20, either Hans or Bjerre - the other will not have a job therefore is available - Swindon clearly want this resolved as do the riders but the delay is becoming a farce.

End of the day it's the riders who are being messed about by one club, they say they won't prevent their riders from earning a living when clearly this isn't the case.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

No, end of the day Pboro can only use one more rider in the top 20, either Hans or Bjerre - the other will not have a job therefore is available - Swindon clearly want this resolved as do the riders but the delay is becoming a farce.

End of the day it's the riders who are being messed about by one club, they say they won't prevent their riders from earning a living when clearly this isn't the case.

Andersen has allegedly turned down one offer of employment and two contract offers so how is that preventing him earning a living? He's the one saying no!

• Like 2

Andersen has allegedly turned down one offer of employment and two contract offers so how is that preventing him earning a living? He's the one saying no!

But Hans has also said that he feels Pboro's offer was a token gesture & they've made no real attempt to keep him. If he doesn't end up back at Pboro & they are so far refusing Swindon permission then he has no employment. Therefore they are preventing him from joining another club & earning a living in the UK.

• Like 1

But Hans has also said that he feels Pboro's offer was a token gesture & they've made no real attempt to keep him. If he doesn't end up back at Pboro & they are so far refusing Swindon permission then he has no employment. Therefore they are preventing him from joining another club & earning a living in the UK.

Not really,Hans has had offers from other clubs aswell

Providing they are reasonable financial offers and no deal is signed and sealed for Bjerre.

If either of those two points aren't true then if Andersen were to take legal action, then Peterborough would be in a very difficult position, as would the BSPA actually. I've said this before, it's a game of dare. If a rider instigates legal action against a club or the BSPA, how far would either party go before backing out. He who blinks first.

I fully understand Peterborough protecting their financial assets, but due to the incompetence of the BSPA, this remains a grenade waiting to go off in the sport.

I believe Coventry have been totally screwed by the system in recent years, but it appears they are blocking Auty's move to Birmingham. If I was Auty I'd consider sending a letter to Coventry giving them 14 days to either offer him employment for 2013 or allowing him to go on loan to Birmingham. If they don't do either, Auty's should then inform them that his 'asset agreement' will become null and void and he becomes a free agent.

The BSPA need to get their backsides into gear, and quickly. Coventry and Peterborough amongst others must be reasonably protected against their asset investments but surely the BSPA can't walk into the problems that 2014 are likely to bring. Surely. But then again their legal advisers tell them they can't give preferential opportunities to British riders, so I wouldn't rate their advice.

But he is available on a full transfer, buy him and he is all yours, or maybe you expect us to throw in Troy and KJB on a buy one get two free.