British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Yes but you are ignoring the facts. When he got a new engine & Ashley Holloway tuning his engine, he looked a different rider. With him now doubling up at Sheffield & provided he sticks with Ashley Holloway, I'm sure he will

improve his average by at least 1+ & luckily for Swindon, he won't be able to ride against the Robins at the Abbey. I however, will miss seeing him, even when things were not going his way, he did not go hiding & still gave his all!

Your facts are based on 3 meetings.

Edited by thecoombdog
  • Like 1

If they don't include Janowski Frigbo, i reckon it may well be Doyley and Zengota. Zengi could then sit snugly at number six.

That would be a better balance in my view.

• Like 1

Not really happy with that signing not sure Birks is up to it at the moment but if Rosco thinks he's up to it that's good enough for me .

Have to agree that I'm not excited by this signing as some seem to be - especially when you consider he will be riding against some strong reserves (e.g Seb Alden). I hope to be proved wrong and he turns out to be as good as Robin Aspegren (or better) as they have very similar PL averages. Fingers crossed.

Probably the reason Simon Stead and Swindon have parted company, after so many years, could be the abuse and disgust shown by SOME of their supporters when he was going through a bad period.

Going to Lynn, he knows he'll be appreciated and the supporters won't be calling for his head when things don't go right.

As for being in the GB team, he achieved the status before, what stopping him doing it again.....

You might want to do a bit more research before making quotes like that :mad:

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/10071819.Departing_Stead_hails__special__Robins/

• Like 2

Not really happy with that signing not sure Birks is up to it at the moment but if Rosco thinks he's up to it that's good enough for me .

Is that the same Rosco who saw Stojanowski & Pijper doing a job???? :lol:

Surely Birks has got his place only to fit the rest?

Have to agree that I'm not excited by this signing as some seem to be - especially when you consider he will be riding against some strong reserves (e.g Seb Alden). I hope to be proved wrong and he turns out to be as good as Robin Aspegren (or better) as they have very similar PL averages. Fingers crossed.

Aspergren did well enough for us, but Birks is younger, and has terrific potential. He can also gate and his performances for Scunthorpe and latterly in the National League Riders Championship bear that point out. Sure, he may need a few weeks to dial in to Blunsdon, but i reckon he's a decent signing.

Aspergren did well enough for us, but Birks is younger, and has terrific potential. He can also gate and his performances for Scunthorpe and latterly in the National League Riders Championship bear that point out. Sure, he may need a few weeks to dial in to Blunsdon, but i reckon he's a decent signing.

Ashley Birks is definitely one for the future and improved enormously last year, hopefully he can emulate Richie Worrall - would like to see him signed on a full contract.

Regarding your earlier post would much prefer to see Jason & Zengi than Magic & Dak, however, haven't bothered to do the Maths and would be surprised if the former fits...

Ashley Birks is definitely one for the future and improved enormously last year, hopefully he can emulate Richie Worrall - would like to see him signed on a full contract.

Regarding your earlier post would much prefer to see Jason & Zengi than Magic & Dak, however, haven't bothered to do the Maths and would be surprised if the former fits...

Yes, probably would give us that extra bit wih Zengi bolstering the reserve berth yerropes...

BIrks I see him a couple of times. last year , impressed me i think he will improve i am really happy.Has to do it but he has ability also he can gate and if he can score 3 or 4 points done a job. I think they're should be a compulsory rule that every club should have a Brit Howarth, BIrks a example in in maybe on a 3.00 average.

BIrks I see him a couple of times. last year , impressed me i think he will improve i am really happy.Has to do it but he has ability also he can gate and if he can score 3 or 4 points done a job. I think they're should be a compulsory rule that every club should have a Brit Howarth, BIrks a example in in maybe on a 3.00 average.

i thought you had quit the forum .