British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Christ, a long way to go to see my team at home this year. I certainly hope that Steady ups his average somewhat and I am sure he will. Anyone want to put a wager on Simon riding for GB in the SWC qualifier this year?

Yea a pint

I find it amazing that Jason Doyle is hardly mentioned. He put in a great season in 2012.

You're right, he did have a brilliant season but by all account he'll be back at Somerset which is where Morris is rumoured to be going. To have two riders missing on the same day would be diasterous. Going to places like Peterborough, Coventry & lakeside with two key riders missing wouldn't work!

Edited by hyabb17

so not trawling through the pages, are Swindon looking at something like ......

8.18 Hans Andersen

7.94 Troy Batchelor

6.98 Peter Kildermand

6.13 Maciej Janowski

5.78 Nick Morris

3.00 Ashley Birks

38.01 .... 4.49 for the last place (7.48 PL)

Would be a strong top five and if they could get a good reserve it will be a useful team.

Swindon may suffer the same issues as us (Kings Lynn) with Peterborough refusing too sign and release the paperwork for these riders, hence the delay on your heatleaders.

The dark forces of the Panthers have had their plans scuppered and are now punishing everybody else.

My opinion of course

Edited by screamer
  • Like 1

A good reserve now that new assessed averages for some foreign riders being applied. He rode with Nick Morris for part of last year and will d/u with Scunthorpe.

I think you are right screamer and we are waiting for Peterborough to sort out their some of their team before we hear any news about available Panther assets.

Edited by A ORLOV

Swindon may suffer the same issues as us (Kings Lynn) with Peterborough refusing too sign and release the paperwork for these riders, hence the delay on your heatleaders.

The dark forces of the Panthers have had their plans scuppered and are now punishing everybody else.

My opinion of course

or maybe they are just fed up with other teams expecting to be able to pay a pittence of a loan fee every year instead of investing in their own clubs and making these riders assets.
  • Like 1

Not a bad shout thecoomdog. I wou;ld try to ensure Janowski is in there somewhere though. I appreciate that would weaken the lower end, but what about 'blooding' Ashley Birks? He could partner the fast improving Dakota North, who looked very decent at Birmingham in Robins colours.

With a formidable top 5, in riding order it would look like this:

1. Andersen

2. Morris

3. Kildermand

4. Janowski

5. Batchelor

6. Binks

7. North.

Chmpions....

Good call on Birks ER!

8.18 Hans Andersen

7.94 Troy Batchelor

6.98 Peter Kildermand

6.13 Maciej Janowski

5.78 Nick Morris

3.00 Ashley Birks

38.01 .... 4.49 for the last place (7.48 PL)

I make Birks 3.35, leaving 4.14 (6.9 PL) which isn't much for a decent reserve!

Masters would be useful on 3.83 or possibly Richard Lawson, Tungate or Aspregren. Not looking good there!