British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Why ? if want new foriegn young talent you can still sign them ..you said yourself that Pawlicki would score 8-10 per meeting so he's a bargain on a 7

You got to laugh, for years fans have been moaing about riders coming in on 4 point aveages then the moment someone tries to do something about it they moan about it .

I think you'll find that no one from Poole was moaning :wink:

Why ? if want new foriegn young talent you can still sign them ..you said yourself that Pawlicki would score 8-10 per meeting so he's a bargain on a 7

You got to laugh, for years fans have been moaing about riders coming in on 4 point aveages then the moment someone tries to do something about it they moan about it .

Agreed, the rule i hate most...the strong get stronger...the weak get weaker...

No just 7 and you're right it is.

How bizarre..

The EL has lost most of the world's top riders and on the basis of this the EL will also lose the stars of the future. Not good !

I did think that the 42.5 limit for 2013 was a small step in the right direction, but if Muesli is a 6 and baby Pawlicki a 7 whilst Stead, Klindt, Cook etc are well below 6 then something is clearly out of balance.

I do think it important for the sport to deny teams the opportunity to bring in 'ringers' especially towards the end of the season, but these averages are way out of kilter.

Where are the future EL riders going to come from ? That is if there is to be an EL beyond 2013 what with the near end of the TV deal and all..

So the promoters all voted in a rule that will hit.....all of them. Bloody stupid rule. Sure 4 point imports are likely to raise their average but this new method just takes away all the new foriegn young talent. As POP has said, no top liners and no young fresh talent coming in.

Well done BSPA.

Maybe just maybe Steve if certain clubs hadn't got riders in the past on a 4 point average when other clubs were told they would be 5 then it would've stopped this happening.

I do however agree that how can this help British speedway in the long term, short term or mid term if these young riders don't come over to ride.

Without a doubt noggin. I'd have both in my side anyway but with the rules as thy are now both surely have to be used. Magic - 6.13 & Zengi - 5.57!

You wait for Holder & Ward to now start trying to get Magic to ride for Poole in 2013 now baby Pawlicki has a realistic average of 7 which is still less than what he got in the matches he rode last season.

Without a doubt noggin. I'd have both in my side anyway but with the rules as thy are now both surely have to be used. Magic - 6.13 & Zengi - 5.57!

Agreed. I understand people's reservations about the pair, however, in light of MR's comments regarding some of the 'new' averages I think you have to say that those averages look mighty tempting now :D

Aspegren at reserve?

You got to laugh, for years fans have been moaning about riders coming in on 4 point aveages then the moment someone tries to do something about it they moan about it .

not very often agree i with you 100%, steve says he will score 8-10 a meeting , so why should he be any less than a 7

this is just what speedway needs a more level playing field

You wait for Holder & Ward to now start trying to get Magic to ride for Poole in 2013 now baby Pawlicki has a realistic average of 7 which is still less than what he got in the matches he rode last season.

He only rode one away meeting. A 5 would have been fair. 7 a joke and as a result he is probably lost to the EL.

Cheer up Crazy Robin, I can't see why Magic would suddenly shoot off to Poole and if he does, then so what...it would speak volumes about him and I don't want those types in my team.

As regards baby P, I cannot see how one minute he has an assessed average of 4 and then in the 'blink of an eye' he rather strangely has an assessed average of 7, 6 (at most) would probably be fairer. I doubt he would have maintained an 8+ average over a longer period and I do believe Mr Shovlar's comments were about home meetings only.

I could perhaps understand these new averages once the season has started though, it would certainly deter any dubious shenanigans..

• Like 1

He only rode one away meeting. A 5 would have been fair. 7 a joke and as a result he is probably lost to the EL.

5 would not have been fair Steve & you know it as he would've easily averaged 8.5-9 at home so 6 would've been the right average.

Yes he might be lost to British speedway but something had to be done to stop clubs bringing in these boys & yes I agree it's probably a step to far but what would you suggest they did?.

Cheer up Crazy Robin, I can't see why Magic would suddenly shoot off to Poole and if he does, then so what...it would speak volumes about him and I don't want those types in my team.

As regards baby P, I cannot see how one minute he has an assessed average of 4 and then in the 'blink of an eye' he rather strangely has an assessed average of 7, 6 (at most) would probably be fairer. I doubt he would have maintained an 8+ average over a longer period and I do believe Mr Shovlar's comments were about home meetings only.

I could perhaps understand these new averages once the season has started though, it would certainly deter any dubious shenanigans..

I'm happy & if he goes then good luck to him.

I fail to see who this change is supposed to benefit.

If there were a glut of competant British riders out there who could step into the breech then fair enough. But there aren't.

It would be interesting to hear the rational for this move but certainly won't be holding my breath whilst waiting!

not very often agree i with you 100%, steve says he will score 8-10 a meeting , so why should he be any less than a 7

this is just what speedway needs a more level playing field

Couldn't agree more. The likes of Pawlicki are not the future of British speedway, they are here for a season to gain experience then off they go back to the continent, maybe popping back for a fat fee when Matt Ford wants to strengthen up for the play-offs after the Polish season winds down. If it doesn't work out they can re-adjust the way it is calculated but far better that than having riders coming in on an average too low in the first place.

• Like 1

It makes me laugh. Pawlicki averaged about 7 last year, his Polish and Swedish form suggests he'd average in the 6s. Why should a club get a free 6.5 rider on a 5 point average? He'd be an asset worth 15-20k and you'd gain the points that season. This way to get a free asset but he comes in on an average that is probably a little higher than he'll get but then why should he come in on lower?

This gives the Eastbournes and BVs of the World to stand a change of signing some up an coming talent, not Poole snagging it all up.

You got to laugh, for years fans have been moaning about riders coming in on 4 point aveages then the moment someone tries to do something about it they moan about it .

Absolutely spot on orion (did i REALLY just say that - yuk!)

We have all been moaning for years that foreigners come in on too low an average and the same clubs snap them up.

If you are one of those clubs you are bound to moan as its closed a loophole thats been glaringly obvious for far too long (it is no wonder some Poole fans will think its unfair).

I would rather it be too high than too low so if it means the Beck`s and the Piotr`s of the world become to much of a gamble then so be it.

Something HAD to be done and it has.

And if it helps British talent get a chance of a team spot and helps there progress then it is a win win.

Oh of course, we don`t want that to happen do we?? :shock:

The Piotr`s and Beck`s are 7 pointers easily so they arent a gamble only in terms of the flexibilty of points to add to their starting average.

Personally id have preferred a blank 6 point assessed average for any new signing or a rider that hasnt ridden enough here to get a true average.

Will it make the league poorer because Clubs wont sign them on those averages? Blame your promoter if these wonder kids want to come but your promoter wont risk the assessed average.

I just hope it gives the chance for us EL supporters to watch some British kids progress through-out the season. We have to start sometime - so why not now?? :t:

Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 1