British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Saddened to see that Simon has been 'given the boot' - his efforts in the Play Offs showed what he can do and were key to Swindon's ultimate victory over the Pirates in the final.

I would like to wish Simon all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts over the last four years - I'm sure on a 5.75 average he will be a 'steal' for someone. On a positive note, this early announcement does give Simon plenty of time to sort things out for next year.

I would guess that Swindon will be without any English riders in 2013 but I do have faith in 'the management' to put together an attractive side (despite having to shed so many points from the 2012 Elite League winning side). As for next year's team, I think it unlikely to include both Hans and Troy (unfortunately) and Troy's outburst today may well reflect this, who knows.

As others have posted events seem to have made it more likely for the return of Magic and perhaps Zengi too - perhaps with the new sponsorship money though we could battle it out with Poole for Craig Cook..

• Like 1

Saddened to see that Simon has been 'given the boot' - his efforts in the Play Offs showed what he can do and were key to Swindon's ultimate victory over the Pirates in the final.

I would like to wish Simon all the best for the future and thank him for his efforts over the last four years - I'm sure on a 5.75 average he will be a 'steal' for someone. On a positive note, this early announcement does give Simon plenty of time to sort things out for next year.

I would guess that Swindon will be without any English riders in 2013 but I do have faith in 'the management' to put together an attractive side (despite having to shed so many points from the 2012 Elite League winning side). As for next year's team, I think it unlikely to include both Hans and Troy (unfortunately) and Troy's outburst today may well reflect this, who knows.

As others have posted events seem to have made it more likely for the return of Magic and perhaps Zengi too - perhaps with the new sponsorship money though we could battle it out with Poole for Craig Cook..

Craig Cook will be staying with Belle Vue as he has turned down other offers, telling his suitors that he feels he owes Belle Vue some loyalty for the faith they have placed in him.

Craig Cook will be staying with Belle Vue as he has turned down other offers, telling his suitors that he feels he owes Belle Vue some loyalty for the faith they have placed in him.

If only Belle Vue rewarded the fans for the faith they have shown with the promotion.

Stupid post of the day goes too....

Linus was first rider signed for a reason. Never in a million years would they drop him to accommodate the incredible sulk

Want to put money on it you smart arse?

Sundstrom was signed and annouced BEFORE the AGM. The point is that the rules changed at the AGM meening that a club can only use TWO grade A riders in 2013. I assume P'boro intended to have a top three of Bjerre, Hans or Troy and Sundstrom but now, they can't do so hence a change of plans is needed.

At the AGM, clubs had to state which two grade A riders they intended to use, ( this years top twenty and, the designated riders from across Europe etc). This included all riders they owned, NOT JUST those who finished in their team at the end of the season

PETERBOROUGH named one of the riders who finished the season with them AND one of either Hans Andersen or Troy Batchelor (wasn't told which one), This is why Swindon haven't as yet named their top two riders

Gleening clues from other snippetts I've garnered, I believe it's more likely they named Batchelor than Hans. If Troy is more inclined to ride for Swindon than P'boro, this could explain his unhappiness today

Unless you think P'boro are lokely to dump Bjerre in favour of Hans/Troy and Sundstrom, then they would have to backtrack and not have Suindstrom.

If my info proves correct, I look forward to your apology but that seems highly unlilely as that might nominate your post as the "stupid post of the day" wouldn't it.

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

At the AGM, clubs had to state which two grade A riders they intended to use, ( this years top twenty and, the designated riders from across Europe etc). This included all riders they owned, NOT JUST those who finished in tyheir team at the end of the season

PETERBOROUGH named one of the riders who finished the season with them AND one of either Hans Andersen or Troy Batchelor (wasn't told which one), This is why Swindon haven't as yet named their number one.

Gleening clues from other snippetts I've garnered, I believe it's more likely they named Batchelor than Hans. If Troy is more inclined to ride for Swindon than P'boro, this could explain his unhappiness today

Unless you think P'boro are lokely to dump Bjerre in fgavour of Hans/Troy and Sundstrom, then they would have to backtrack and not have Suindstrom.

If my info proves correct, I look forward to your apology but that seems highly unlilely as that might nominate your post as the "stupid post of the day" wouldn't it.

haha told you so ner ner smart arse :rofl:

Edited by zlata prilba

Stupid post of the day goes too....

Linus was first rider signed for a reason. Never in a million years would they drop him to accommodate the incredible sulk

I have to say that's mighty unfair on Kenneth Bjerre.

Unless you think P'boro are lokely to dump Bjerre in favour of Hans/Troy and Sundstrom, then they would have to backtrack and not have Suindstrom.

Can't see any reason why Sundstrom won't be in the boro side with one of the above 3 ...it's not written in blood that Hans ,Bjerre or Troy have to be the boro side on indeed in Troy and Hans case the Swindon team .

You should keep your money in your pocket for the mean time .

• Like 1

Disappointed Super Si has gone. After a 30-year break from the sport he was the reason I got back into it at Worky 2004. Thought he would be up there with Matty Zagar by now in the GPs. Swindon through and through. Superb Grand Final performance beating Harris and Holder and with Killer was the reason Swindon won it. Good Luck mate.

Would have wanted Simon back, especially if he is able to maintain the form he had after the arrangement with Ash. I wish him good luck where ever he ends up.

Can only those sentiments. It is clear the Robins intend to build on this year`s championship and include riders with potential to add points on.

Steady has been loyal to Swindon so i am sure he will be disappointed. Good luck to the lad.

so apparently Stead is decline but Klindt who lost a point off his average isn't? :neutral:

After a season ravaged by injury? Oh dear, not the smartest of posts of the day.

The main point here is Klindt is 7 years younger than Stead. He's had one dodgy, injury hit season. No guarantee that Klindt is Swindon's plans anyway.

IF Nicolai is Swindon bound AND he is in reserve then you have the side to beat already.

Anyone with any speedway knowledge would admit that is an attractive signing for that position.

Who is the incredible sulk?

Can only those sentiments. It is clear the Robins intend to build on this year`s championship and include riders with potential to add points on.

Steady has been loyal to Swindon so i am sure he will be disappointed. Good luck to the lad.

After a season ravaged by injury? Oh dear, not the smartest of posts of the day.

IF Nicolai is Swindon bound AND he is in reserve then you have the side to beat already.

Anyone with any speedway knowledge would admit that is an attractive signing for that position.

Who is the incredible sulk?

Steve, you have shown yourself to be one of the blunter tools on this forum.

My point was that Stead and Klindt now have similar averages. Klindt IMO is no better than Stead so if it were a choice I would go with your asset, hence the not sure smiley. Stead had an injury ravaged season 2011. Didn't make him come back better and stronger.

Still, injury ravaged season or not Wolves dont think he is good enough for your team so why would he be better than Stead or Zengota?

I can see why you are JJR's bitch.

• Like 2

Steve, you have shown yourself to be one of the blunter tools on this forum.

My point was that Stead and Klindt now have similar averages. Klindt IMO is no better than Stead so if it were a choice I would go with your asset, hence the not sure smiley. Stead had an injury ravaged season 2011. Didn't make him come back better and stronger.

Still, injury ravaged season or not Wolves dont think he is good enough for your team so why would he be better than Stead or Zengota?

I can see why you are JJR's bitch.

Nicolai Klindt was rated a potential wonderboy a few years ago, but his current form may not be far off his career peak. Yet he would score more points away than SS. To those who point to Poole, look at his one point at Birmingham in the S/F where I may be wrong but I think he was reserve!

Don't get me wrong I've enjoyed Simon's better nights at Blunsdon from the discomfort of standing on a slope.

I'd suggest that a title winning team would do so largely in spite of SS, and possibly NK too. If NK doesnt improve a lot in 2013 then all the hype, when allegedly half the EL (including the mighty Poole and the always under performing Peterborough), then he isn't going to make it big.

If he is fit I'd prefer Zengi to both.

Sundstrom was signed and annouced BEFORE the AGM. The point is that the rules changed at the AGM meening that a club can only use TWO grade A riders in 2013. I assume P'boro intended to have a top three of Bjerre, Hans or Troy and Sundstrom but now, they can't do so hence a change of plans is needed.

At the AGM, clubs had to state which two grade A riders they intended to use, ( this years top twenty and, the designated riders from across Europe etc). This included all riders they owned, NOT JUST those who finished in their team at the end of the season

PETERBOROUGH named one of the riders who finished the season with them AND one of either Hans Andersen or Troy Batchelor (wasn't told which one), This is why Swindon haven't as yet named their top two riders

as a promoter once told me (gave advice) don't assume anything, believe what you see with your eyes (disregard the press) and certainly don't believe your ears, assumptions are a dangerous thing in speedway !!!,

I assume P'boro intended to have a top three of Bjerre, Hans or Troy and Sundstrom but now, they can't do so hence a change of plans is needed.

that's where your most likely to be wrong for starters if you believe rumours :rolleyes: and the peterborough press :rolleyes: Edited by hans fan