British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Wishing Simon all the best with his new club. Very disappointed that he is not coming back but I am sure another club will snap him up very soon. Heat 1 away at Poole in the final will live long in the memory, he was a hero for us that night and that wont be forgotten, he will always get a warm welcome at the Abbey.

• Like 7

Pretty sure Ash Holloway has done his engines for years. I could be wrong tho and im sure someone will be quick to correct me if I am! He was good for 3 matches at the end of the year but the fact is he has been in decline for 2 years and still cant ride most away tracks.

Zagar is the rider I would like to see most but its not going to happen. So what if Batch missed a fans forum. 95% of the average crowd dont go to these things and prob dont care about whether riders attend or not.

Totally agree on Zagar, he is the one rider that would see me attend all home meetings. Clearly he doesn't fit though unless Peterborough don't allow Andersen and Batchelor back.

While I feel sad about Simon Stead the truth is that he has been a long way off pulling his weight in the vast majority of away matches, and therefore his average reflects generally good home performances.

Edited by remembertheracers

Nicolai Klindt it is then as similar average to Steady & leaves Simon to join Sheffield.

Good luck Steady.

Agree I can see Klindt at Swindon. Stead would make an excellent #1 at Sheffield they stated they wanted an out and out heatleader and he would do the job.

Nicolai Klindt it is then as similar average to Steady & leaves Simon to join Sheffield.

Good luck Steady.

I really hope that Simon does come back to Sheffield to ride for his home town club, and make many Sheffield fans wishes come true, hopefully a deal can be struck up between the two parties.

I really hope that Simon does come back to Sheffield to ride for his home town club, and make many Sheffield fans wishes come true, hopefully a deal can be struck up between the two parties.

For £55 a point maximum for every team in the PL there isn't really much to talk about apart from what day to do the signing the contract paper

He thanks you all

Simon Stead@Simon_Stead

Wow,Mixed emotions for me today. Just been told Ive been released from Swindon,can't believe it.To the fans, thank u,u have been amazing.

I feel so sorry for Steady, he's one of the good guys. I hope he gets fixed up soon.. :t:

Me too. I've always liked Simon Stead and not just for the fact he always comes round at Coventry for a 'victory lap' whereas other riders go straight back to the pits. Wouldn't mind him signing for the Bees but I suppose we don't really need any more racers - it's gaters we're after. :neutral:

so apparently Stead is decline but Klindt who lost a point off his average isn't? :neutral:

I am not advocating that Stead should be in the team either but Zengota must be a better bet than Klindt.

The main point here is Klindt is 7 years younger than Stead. He's had one dodgy, injury hit season. No guarantee that Klindt is Swindon's plans anyway.

No Poles at all for me please, the make-up of last year's team was ideal from both an availability and team-spirit prespective.

• Like 2

Sorry to see Simon go thou he was poor up intill the final last year .Surely with the Extra cash we have now he will be replaced with Magic rather than Klindt with Stead doubleing up with Belle Vue and Maybe Sheffield .

Thanks for the service to the club simon and the best of luck .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Wishing Simon all the best with his new club. Very disappointed that he is not coming back but I am sure another club will snap him up very soon. Heat 1 away at Poole in the final will live long in the memory, he was a hero for us that night and that wont be forgotten, he will always get a warm welcome at the Abbey.

As you would expect, Darcia, I echo your sentiments. His cut back at speed under Bomber in heat 1 at Poole was the moment when I began to believe that the title was ours. He set the scene. I am surprised by this move and currently questioning Patch and Rosco's sanity. I had wanted Steady in a Robins racejacket for a few years before he was signed and feel that you will never see a more skilful man on a Speedway machine than Simon. I was liking developments within the team until today. If you read this Steady, thanks for all that you have done for Swindon, both an and off the track (and you've done an awful lot of off track work for someone who is based so far from Swindon. Good Luck buddy-come back to haunt us!

• Like 4

I would obviously like to add to the sentiments above. It is a pleasure to see a rider actually care who he is riding for. He may 'kiss the badge' but at least it is done with sincerity not like the namby pamby foot ball brigade.

Thanks for the memories Simon.

The last bend win over Eastbourne's pole in heat 15 at Blunsdon to grab all 3 points for the Robins a few years back being one of your most brilliant moves, and the team riding with the great Leigh Adams when you were at your 'pomp' in 2010.

A genuine guy who will be missed.

• Like 2

Remember Simon was very nearly not back at all for this season so its hardly a massive surprise.

That being said he loved the Club and the team as if he was born in the town and we'll miss that.

He may have been born on Yorkshire but its more than fair to call Steady a Swindonian.

He can leave with his head held high after helping us to that Trophy.

Good luck, Steady.