British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Got a DVD of the Swindon v Brum meeting and what great value it is,i was really surprised will certainly get more rerun productions.Ady Fisher was excellent years ago i went on endless away meetings with Ady and his dad(also Hagonshocker on the coaches.One year i believe we went to more than 3 rain offs at the old Hyde Rd.

Btw the way Sidney has worded that makes it appear i may be Ady's dad....i can categorically deny this..i have the paternity test to prove it..plus i think were about the same age lol..but i did go on those bloody Belle Vue trips...... ;):D

• Like 1

Nice to see Darryl Ritchens doing well for the IOW a great meeting last night at Kings Lynn.I hope he progresses and has a career at Swindon like Crash,Kilb,Dukey,Wellie,Rosco,the Smarts and Chessells be rooting for him to achieve it.!

The Chessell's?....lol Sidney your very forgiving..... :blink:;)

Nice to see Darryl Ritchens doing well for the IOW a great meeting last night at Kings Lynn.I hope he progresses and has a career at Swindon like Crash,Kilb,Dukey,Wellie,Rosco,the Smarts and Chessells be rooting for him to achieve it.!

Yes, Darryl progressing nicely after his winter switch to the Isle of Wight. Hopefully he can sign up for a PL side in the near future. :t:

• 3 weeks later...

We are now getting to the nitty gritty of the season wondered how the budgie fans generally feel.My take on it is we are still in a great position myself i have not been convinced with us all year the results generally have been good.I am old school so i am not for tweaking and changes but would except it if we did.In hindsight easy now to say but i always wanted Doyley in would of certainly found room for him in our team and i always hoped we might get Bech at some stage i hope we might in the future.The bright spots this year PK is not far off becoming a fully fledged no 1/2 in the team improving fast also young Nick well has impressed me.ER i will say i was totally wrong mate about your comment about Nick you said he will be a rider for years to come and you are right.He now is showing why he is so highly rated he is up there with PK now as our best rider from the back an inside or out passer this week passed both Barker/King with precision.Will carry on supporting the boys and hope everything clicks into place i have enjoyed this year when the meetings are regular some lovely weather and the racing has been good.Off the subject a bit really watched Smolinski closely on Thursday and memories of Crash Ashby came back how he was continually working the line forcefully.Martin was a master at his inside cutbacks forever doing it at the Abbey Smolinski is an interesting rider to watch with his moves.

First time I saw Nick Morris was when he was 16 and guesting for Coventry at Blunsdon. He looked good then. I then saw him at Newport riding for Glasgow when he was quite superb. In that match he stalked and then passed Jason Doyle who was himself in brilliant form that evening. I was delighted the Robins signed him as a full asset this season. I watched him this season at Somerset and Blunsdon and he is definitely developing nicely. In relation to Edward Kennett, I suppose I will be ridiculed by fellow Robins fans for saying this, but I still thing he is a decent signing. I don't buy in to his body language being poor on Thursday. He was bitterly disappointed when his bike stalled yes, but in his previous races he rode sensible lines and looked quick enough. His season has been up and down, but he has improved his average. Wasn't that what we were looking for him to do at the start of the season? I believe he will come good again and I think he should be signed for next season.

• Like 1

First time I saw Nick Morris was when he was 16 and guesting for Coventry at Blunsdon. He looked good then. I then saw him at Newport riding for Glasgow when he was quite superb. In that match he stalked and then passed Jason Doyle who was himself in brilliant form that evening. I was delighted the Robins signed him as a full asset this season. I watched him this season at Somerset and Blunsdon and he is definitely developing nicely. In relation to Edward Kennett, I suppose I will be ridiculed by fellow Robins fans for saying this, but I still thing he is a decent signing. I don't buy in to his body language being poor on Thursday. He was bitterly disappointed when his bike stalled yes, but in his previous races he rode sensible lines and looked quick enough. His season has been up and down, but he has improved his average. Wasn't that what we were looking for him to do at the start of the season? I believe he will come good again and I think he should be signed for next season.

I to support Eddie he takes alot of flak but you have so rightly said he has improved his average.I hope he can get back on track you can see that Eddie cares that's all i ask and will support him.Kildemand Batch,Morris,Doyle would be my spine for the team for a few years to come hopefully.?
  • Like 2

I to support Eddie he takes alot of flak but you have so rightly said he has improved his average.I hope he can get back on track you can see that Eddie cares that's all i ask and will support him.Kildemand Batch,Morris,Doyle would be my spine for the team for a few years to come hopefully.?

Hopefully then with alot of Swindon fans wanting Kennett next year & Cov fans wanting Zengi, maybe a deal could be done

I wouldn't put too much on last nights performance as Eddie is always crap at Peterborough but looking at his scores he does seem to have lost confidence to overtake as was the case when he guested for Kings Lynn at Poole, he seemed to get in the position but not go through with it.