British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

Full marks to Mr.Andersen for being open, but still nothing from the promotion. I hope the money thing is just internet rumours, as Swindon don't need this rubbish with the title to defend and all that. Andersens' absences has already cost them vital points. They would possibly have been top by now.

fair play to Hans for telling his side of the story, why our promotors continue to just act like ostriches is beyond belief, i mean for crying out loud there's months from the end of the AGM to tapes up to sort fixtures, and they still bollox it up,

• Like 2

I blame the Peterborough promotion partly for the fixture fiasco, they were so difficult over the signing of Hans even he didn't know where he was riding, was even offered to Coventry at one stage, it took the first few months of the season to even know he was to be at Swindon. Glad the people on here who were so certain he wasn't paid have egg on their face this morning Steve :t:

What a load of codswollop...Hans informed your promotion in Febuary and was not even given a list of Swindon's fixture's. That's totally unprofessional..
  • Like 2

What like the purveyor of all knowledge and swindon's own voice of reason Orion? :rofl:

First of all for many reasons I don't think that everything in the statement is true ..But if it was the people who would egg on there faces would be the people were slagging him off on Tuesday night and I sure you know who that was .

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Would seem to be an honest appraisal of events by Hans, so fair play to him...

Just a shame that there was no Press Release from Swindon prior to the KL meeting

...or since for that matter...

BTW...think any sort of ban a bit harsh..

Strange thing about the Ban is that the Home Fans are losing out, and the BSPA wonder why clubs make loses.

Strange thing about the Ban is that the Home Fans are losing out, and the BSPA wonder why clubs make loses.

Obviously purposely done in an attempt to derail the 2013 Mighty Robins season

Who on earth would make such an unaccountable decision... :blink:

Maybe, just maybe the BSPA took sympathy with Hans & the 2 home meeting ban is punishment to the Swindon promotion & not the rider???

Would make more sense. If Hans was to be banned it would have been the standard 20 odd days. It would also explain the deafening silence from the Swindon promotion.

Just a thought!!!!!

Part of the response from Patch in the Adver..."Hans chose to ride in Denmark for reasons best known to him, and his Danish club chose not to try and rearrange the fixture even though they were fully aware of the terms of the agreement. It would make no difference whether Hans' fixtures were arranged in September, October, or whenever, because an integral part of the agreement states Danish clubs and riders have to respect the fixtures as of March 1....We maintain that Hans and his club have failed to maintain the terms of the agreement, and that has been endorsed by the BSPA who have banned him for two home meetings. As far as we are concerned Hans breached the terms of the agreement. The length of the period of inactivity was always at the discretion of the BSPA management committee, and makes me wonder if he was expecting a 28-day ban". So at least we have heard the other side of the matter now...fair play to Swindon.

Personally I'm not sure who's right or wrong over this but one thing's for sure and that is that Hans and Swindon need to work a lot closer together regarding fixture planning.

Whichever way you look at it he's missed about a third of the Robins EL meetings this season which is unacceptable. At the end of the day its us the fans who lose out.

• Like 1

He's issued it.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/10514016.I_m_not_in_the_wrong___Hans/

Down to the March 1 issue and fixture clashes apparently.

Unlike the Swindon promotion Hans comes out of this well and should not be banned. Swindon should be fined £5,000 have a 3 point deduction and ordered to re-run the fixture with Hans at #1!

Not at all what do you think happens in Poland and Sweden less teams regulars meeting over a shorter period also meaning better sides and riders ...once a fortnight would be a lot more regular than we have now at the top level .

Unless you're a Panthers supporter. We're in our once a month phase at the moment due to a rain off! Sounds like a reasonable model but can't see it myself. I think they'll go lower product and weekly if the make a big change but still expect them to try and make what we have now somehow work better. Even if Sky pull out I still only think they'll tinker a bit as per usual,

Unlike the Swindon promotion Hans comes out of this well and should not be banned. Swindon should be fined £5,000 have a 3 point deduction and ordered to re-run the fixture with Hans at #1!

Has sidney read that? Seems a bit mickey mouse to me.

"BSPA were not able to comment because they deem it as a dispute between the rider and the club. " :D

So Hans was banned because the fixture was logged on March 1st? But Hans didn't sign until after March 1st so how could it be logged?

What, you mean Swindon signed him illegally even using their made up March 1st rule? No way?!

So Hans was banned because the fixture was logged on March 1st? But Hans didn't sign until after March 1st so how could it be logged?

What, you mean Swindon signed him illegally even using their made up March 1st rule? No way?!

You are getting Batch and Hans mixed up - but don't let that get in the way of your rant! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Gomolski's team place is under threat apparently and yet he manages 2nd in the World U21s in Pila at the weekend against fairly handy opposition!

http://speedwayupdat...round-pila-2013

Perhaps he should bring those bikes over then. :shock:

• Like 3