British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

I haven't ever lied on this topic lets put it another way, you are very anti PL for some reason god Knows why.? The EL Surely even you no it is dying on its feet even Swindon who have good gates have suffered this year do you ADMIT changes have to be made in November.?

Yet again you get the wrong of the stick, my points about the Pl are to point out to you that speedway has problems all round not just at El level ...Swindon crowds have been down all year but bar a few teams I expect they are all in the same boat in all leagues .

If sky pull out as we all expect next season then there are bound to be changes come November that is a given and these changes will affect all levels of the sport .Maybe these changes will help maybe they won't only time will tell

Yet again you get the wrong of the stick, my points about the Pl are to point out to you that speedway has problems all round not just at El level ...Swindon crowds have been down all year but bar a few teams I expect they are all in the same boat in all leagues .

If sky pull out as we all expect next season then there are bound to be changes come November that is a given and these changes will affect all levels of the sport .Maybe these changes will help maybe they won't only time will tell

If you had a choice? Would you prefer one big league or to stay as the EL quite a simple question!!

If you had a choice? Would you prefer one big league or to stay as the EL quite a simple question!!

The same but with a lot of changes to the top league only two race nights a week with less teams and 1 home fixture every two weeks ...the pl to stay how it is .

We have had one big league before and it never worked and will never work because the big fish would eat the small ones up .

• Like 1

The same but with a lot of changes to the top league only two race nights a week with less teams and 1 home fixture every two weeks ...the pl to stay how it is .

We have had one big league before and it never worked and will never work because the big fish would eat the small ones up .

One home fixture a fortnight you are kidding?less teams god what a bleak future!! one big league or PL for me regular meetings.

One home fixture a fortnight you are kidding?less teams god what a bleak future!! one big league or PL for me regular meetings.

Not at all what do you think happens in Poland and Sweden less teams regulars meeting over a shorter period also meaning better sides and riders ...once a fortnight would be a lot more regular than we have now at the top level .

Not at all what do you think happens in Poland and Sweden less teams regulars meeting over a shorter period also meaning better sides and riders ...once a fortnight would be a lot more regular than we have now at the top level .

Your dreaming! Forget those nations they are also struggling to pay the bills.We need to start again balance the books run things on a shoestring for a while regroup.If you are that bothered about the stars watch the GPS i would be happy to see a PL outfit that is sustainable over a period.

The uk has a population bigger than poland and sweden combined yet the crowds are probably 1/10th lowerthan both these countries on average so poand and sweden must be doing something right

Honestly dont know the answer the sport in uk is a huge mess and theres no doubt the whole structure needs to be changed this winter not a couple of rule changes

The pl imo is a good product and i cant explain why crowds are so low, fairly regular meetings, regular full sides close racing yet naff crowds

Couldnt believe how low newports crowds were in 2011 despite having imo one of the best ever second tier sides from june onwards featuring gjedde doyle and lanham who were all sensational in the second half of the year.

The el however is clear to see whats wrong riders missing for most teams on a regular basis months between meetings , pathetic call offs .... At least with the el you can see what the problems are

I do agree that crowd levels aside, the pl is a better product from a spectators point of view

What happened to hans statement he said he would issue?

He's issued it.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/10514016.I_m_not_in_the_wrong___Hans/

Down to the March 1 issue and fixture clashes apparently.

As I thought - nothing to do with money (I hope all the doom mongers are happy about starting rumours based on no facts)!

This again shows a lack of respect for their fans by the Swindon promotion - they knew there was an issue but (again) chose to keep us all in the dark and the first I heard of it was on here by Philip Rising the day before - totally unacceptable to treat fans like that!!

With regards Hans - well done for having integrity and honouring existing commitments. I look forward to seeing him back at #1 for the Robins and until then I will be giving Blunsdon a wide berth!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 5

Good open statement from Hans, keeping fans in the know.

Somebody at Swindon needs to stop pointing the finger and start taking the blame.

First there was the fixture clashes against Coventry that it took them till April to notice, now there is this.

Then again in 2011 when both Pawlicki's were due to miss a meeting i remember Rosco ranting on parade & stating they would go if they didnt turn up. It turned out Rosco hadn't noticed/remembered they had practice for u21s

Your dreaming! Forget those nations they are also struggling to pay the bills.We need to start again balance the books run things on a shoestring for a while regroup.If you are that bothered about the stars watch the GPS i would be happy to see a PL outfit that is sustainable over a period.

If Sweden with crowds of 2 to 3,000 and Poland up to 10,000 are struggling to pay the bills, what chance has the EL with many attendances below 1,000. I was so hoping it wouldn't get any lower but looks like there is no choice but to rip it up and start again. Worryingly we are relying on those that got us here to come up with a strategy. Sad times.

Let's see what your promotion has to say about that statement! It seems Hans did the honourable thing!

Whatever they say it will be another case of "too little too late". As others have said they have kept fans in the dark like mushrooms all season.

They need to learn some basic communication skills and see how that positively impacts on the fans reaction and no doubt the financials.

Good open statement from Hans, keeping fans in the know.

Somebody at Swindon needs to stop pointing the finger and start taking the blame.

First there was the fixture clashes against Coventry that it took them till April to notice, now there is this.

Then again in 2011 when both Pawlicki's were due to miss a meeting i remember Rosco ranting on parade & stating they would go if they didnt turn up. It turned out Rosco hadn't noticed/remembered they had practice for u21s

Think someone from Coventry should mind their own business, :blink:

As I thought - nothing to do with money (I hope all the doom mongers are happy about starting rumours based on no facts)!

This again shows a lack of respect for their fans by the Swindon promotion - they knew there was an issue but (again) chose to keep us all in the dark and the first I heard of it was on here by Philip Rising the day before - totally unacceptable to treat fans like that!!

With regards Hans - well done for having integrity and honouring existing commitments. I look forward to seeing him back at #1 for the Robins and until then I will be giving Blunsdon a wide berth!

I blame the Peterborough promotion partly for the fixture fiasco, they were so difficult over the signing of Hans even he didn't know where he was riding, was even offered to Coventry at one stage, it took the first few months of the season to even know he was to be at Swindon. Glad the people on here who were so certain he wasn't paid have egg on their face this morning Steve :t: Edited by Red Robin

Think someone from Coventry should mind their own business, :blink:

I blame the Peterborough promotion partly for the fixture fiasco, they were so difficult over the signing of Hans even he didn't know where he was riding, was even offered to Coventry at one stage, it took the first few months of the season to even know he was to be at Swindon. Glad the people on here who were so certain he wasn't paid have egg on their face this morning Steve :t:

What like the purveyor of all knowledge and swindon's own voice of reason Orion? :rofl:

• Like 2

He's issued it.

http://www.swindonad...e_wrong___Hans/

Down to the March 1 issue and fixture clashes apparently.

Fair play to putting in the open.

However this is all down to the planning and who took priority, i always believed that the home nation (Denmark) would have had the priority anyway.

Saying that, whoever had the priority in the planner SHOULD have taken priority.