British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

LOL perhaps Just AWOL then, like half the team.

The trouble was complacency at Swindon from the track to the terraces who thought they could just keep dropping points with riders missing & make the play offs with ease & now the serious stuff is coming up so will they be proved right or wrong?.

One point in front of Poole with 3 massive meetings coming up.

The trouble was complacency at Swindon from the track to the terraces who thought they could just keep dropping points with riders missing & make the play offs with ease & now the serious stuff is coming up so will they be proved right or wrong?.

One point in front of Poole with 3 massive meetings coming up.

We have a couple of matches in hand over Poole, but we have to start winning again and not continue the run we have had, two wins and five losses in the last seven meetings. Edited by A ORLOV

We have a couple of matches in hand over Poole, therefore we have to start winning again and not continue the run we have had, two wins and five losses in the last seven meetings.

We were 10 points in front of them & more before this bad run so lets hope the riders can turn it round & actually turn up at a meeting at the same time going forward or we've got no hope.

• Like 1

Nice piece in the adver from Gary about crowd levels being down at Swindon this season & accepts why fans are staying away.

Sorry Gary you are still missing the point that some fans are fed up paying to watch teams having constant riders missing & do other stuff on a Thursday now as the habit of going has been broken.

The promotors who voted the new double up rules are most at blame for this.

At least it doesn't come across as threatening like it was when Tango man did the same. It doesn't make great reading but I still think all promoters only have themselves to blame - they've watered the league down over a number of years, reduced the number of league fixtures, did away with the KO Cup (and didnt increase the league fixtures), fixtures are all over the place with big gaps between home meetings, missing riders in abundance and increased the prices too!

It is a shame that people have found other things to do on a race night and it will be a shame if clubs close down as a result but remember that when you point the finger of blame, 3 fingers are pointing back at yourself! The harsh reality of life is that speedway is too expensive for what they provide and there is no continuity and more and more people are drifting away.

• Like 2

At least it doesn't come across as threatening like it was when Tango man did the same. It doesn't make great reading but I still think all promoters only have themselves to blame - they've watered the league down over a number of years, reduced the number of league fixtures, did away with the KO Cup (and didnt increase the league fixtures), fixtures are all over the place with big gaps between home meetings, missing riders in abundance and increased the prices too!

It is a shame that people have found other things to do on a race night and it will be a shame if clubs close down as a result but remember that when you point the finger of blame, 3 fingers are pointing back at yourself! The harsh reality of life is that speedway is too expensive for what they provide and there is no continuity and more and more people are drifting away.

You speak a lot of sense when you are not being sarky!!! ;)

• Like 3

Looking at the fixtures up until the 24th of July Poole,god we have some tough fixtures it should really tell us everything and shape our season.I am still upbeat and believe this team is far better than it has shown,i am not one for changes usually but i would certainly take a gamble and replace Kascper.But again i like him and he has talent but is so inconsistent from ride to ride would ALL Budgie fans make a change.?

Edited by sidney

Spot on, yet every AGM ends with little to know real attempt to improve things, especially this year with the d/up rule, and don't get me started on a fixture list where you only meet some clubs once.

• Like 2

If this rumour about Hans is true, then i'd sack him, try and get someone like MJJ redeclare the team with a better reserve, and please no poles.

If this rumour about Hans is true, then i'd sack him, try and get someone like MJJ redeclare the team with a better reserve, and please no poles.

I couldn't disagree 'noggin' if he dosen't ride then get rid how many meeting,s has he missed?.I still think he will ride hope so all the fans love him great value but anough is anough.

Riding in Denmark tomorrow night for his Danish team.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/speedway/10506816.Confusion_over_Hans_Andersen/

So he misses tomorrow then banned for the next 2 home meeting,s great again the fans shafted.Might not bother Thursday balls to it why didn't the promotion make us aware this might happen.!
  • Like 1