British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2013

We have a reserved date on the 4th July( i presume no meeting?) but we only have 2 home fixtures in July.This has been a real hindrance on our season no real flow in meetings from week to week. I know the weather has been dreadfull but i feel that this season has not really got going yet and more and likely it will p... down on Thursday i hope not a great match awaits.

We have a reserved date on the 4th July( i presume no meeting?) but we only have 2 home fixtures in July.This has been a real hindrance on our season no real flow in meetings from week to week. I know the weather has been dreadfull but i feel that this season has not really got going yet and more and likely it will p... down on Thursday i hope not a great match awaits.

Agreed mate if im being honest i havent enjoyed this season and am finding it hard to be positive especially with riders missing meetings left right & centre and dont get me started on the disjointed fixture list...enthusiasm is steadily dwindling

What with free weeks, the rain offs and riders injured, over the last few seasons Wolves had a spell where they only had one home meeting in 8 weeks which really takes the edge off things. This season Wolves startedlike a steam train but after tonights match v Eastbourne, the next Wolves home match is July 8th before another week off for the WTC.

Earlier in the season we rode Eastbourne at Monmore and then the next home meeting was 2 weeks later. The following week was the British Final and then another free week after that as it was reserved for the British Final rerun if required. We then entertained Birmingham before another week off. So from April 23rd to May 10th there was just 2 home meetings which thankfully were not rained off.

Hopefully plans are ahead to increase the number of matches each season which may mean less top riders (unsure) but at least it gives you regular home meetings week after week.

• Like 1

Looking at possible Gomolski replacements according to Rosco....it's a shame as he seems a nice lad but we need a more consistent rider down there as our top 5 prove we do not desperatly need a reserve who can score the odd double figure from 6 or 7 but a steady reliable one that has minimal last places and more regular heat 2 race wins...just who though is the problem...plenty of PL riders that could do that but that means yet another double upper?

Looking at possible Gomolski replacements according to Rosco....it's a shame as he seems a nice lad but we need a more consistent rider down there as our top 5 prove we do not desperatly need a reserve who can score the odd double figure from 6 or 7 but a steady reliable one that has minimal last places and more regular heat 2 race wins...just who though is the problem...plenty of PL riders that could do that but that means yet another double upper?

David Bellago would fit the bill, presently in good form and improving all the time.

David Bellago would fit the bill, presently in good form and improving all the time.

but they already have 3 d-uppers morris birks kennet, kacper is doing what every panthers expected can be awesome some meetings pea poor others, that's him but when you sign a rider on that kind of average you can't expect miracles,esp at his age Edited by hans fan

but they already have 3 d-uppers morris birks kennet, kacper is doing what every panthers expected can be awesome some meetings pea poor others, that's him but when you sign a rider on that kind of average you can't expect miracles,esp at his age

That's correct, forgot about Kennett. Strike that suggestion :oops: Kacper has a 2013 average of 5.36 inc bonus, that seems a decent effort to me and much better than Birks.

Edited by blupanther

That's correct, forgot about Kennett. Strike that suggestion :oops: Kacper has a 2013 average of 5.36 inc bonus, that seems a decent effort to me and much better than Birks.

Disagree his average is flattering and looking at recent form Birks is improving Gomolski is sliding...Birks gets my vote over him...as for Bellego......... :rofl:

Disagree his average is flattering and looking at recent form Birks is improving Gomolski is sliding...Birks gets my vote over him...as for Bellego......... :rofl:

Averages don't flatter, they are factual. Bellago is banging in big scores and available on a 3.18 Can you name anyone better on that average ?

Half-term ratings from the Adver for the Robins after 13 matches.

Andersen A-

Kennett B+

Kildemand B

Batchelor B

Morris C+

Birks C+

Gomolski C-

Rossiter A-

Personally would give Andersen A, Kildemand B, Kennett B-, Batchelor C+, Birks C+, Morris C, Gomolski D+. Rossiter B.

Edited by bertie boy

Averages don't flatter, they are factual. Bellago is banging in big scores and available on a 3.18 Can you name anyone better on that average ?

And again i disagree what Gomolski average isnt telling you is that he has hardly beaten an opponent in anger in his last 3 away meetings...Birks has...Bellego is not the answer.....he's available on 3.18 is he.....well that means his average does lie then if he's as good as you say he is! ..averages do not always tell a true story plus Gomolski's current ave is based on the 3 or 4 good meetings he had early season in a cluster...not what he's doing recently

And again i disagree what Gomolski average isnt telling you is that he has hardly beaten an opponent in anger in his last 3 away meetings...Birks has...Bellego is not the answer.....he's available on 3.18 is he.....well that means his average does lie then if he's as good as you say he is! ..averages do not always tell a true story plus Gomolski's current ave is based on the 3 or 4 good meetings he had early season in a cluster...not what he's doing recently

If Birks outscores Kacper in the two Lynn meetings this week I will acknowledge that you are probably right..

broken neck!,

Broken Jaw!

I heard a few of the riders have use of a workshop in the grounds of a house in Stone Lane(bit posh there innit!). One of the members of the now possibly defunct Barry Duke OTT motor-cycle display team owns the home.

Andy Hobbs-The Man with a Van!

Personally, I think that would be a risk with both him and Kennett riding for the same PL Team!

Edited by Chalkie

but they already have 3 d-uppers morris birks kennet, kacper is doing what every panthers expected can be awesome some meetings pea poor others, that's him but when you sign a rider on that kind of average you can't expect miracles,esp at his age

Kennet was only supposed to be a short term signing for Berwick so don't rule out Bellego yet.

Half-term ratings from the Adver for the Robins after 13 matches.

Andersen A-

Kennett B+

Kildemand B

Batchelor B

Morris C+

Birks C+

Gomolski C-

Rossiter A-

Personally would give Andersen A, Kildemand B, Kennett B-, Batchelor C+, Birks C+, Morris C, Gomolski D+. Rossiter B.

For me it would be Andersen B as missed too many meetings, Kildemand B, Kennett B-, Batch C, Morris C, Birks C+, Gomolski D. Rosco B & Promotors D.

What with free weeks, the rain offs and riders injured, over the last few seasons Wolves had a spell where they only had one home meeting in 8 weeks which really takes the edge off things. This season Wolves startedlike a steam train but after tonights match v Eastbourne, the next Wolves home match is July 8th before another week off for the WTC.

Earlier in the season we rode Eastbourne at Monmore and then the next home meeting was 2 weeks later. The following week was the British Final and then another free week after that as it was reserved for the British Final rerun if required. We then entertained Birmingham before another week off. So from April 23rd to May 10th there was just 2 home meetings which thankfully were not rained off.

Hopefully plans are ahead to increase the number of matches each season which may mean less top riders (unsure) but at least it gives you regular home meetings week after week.

Yes TNT you have started the season like a scalded cat, and you have been unlucky as your momentum has been thwarted a bit.Should be ok top 4 no probs with Woffinden,Proctor and ,Recently Thorssell really upping there scoring you are soon at the Abbey which will be a test for us.

If Birks outscores Kacper in the two Lynn meetings this week I will acknowledge that you are probably right..

I think Birks might he can pop out the start and he is improving weekly at Scunny.

Kennet was only supposed to be a short term signing for Berwick so don't rule out Bellego yet.

For me it would be Andersen B as missed too many meetings, Kildemand B, Kennett B-, Batch C, Morris C, Birks C+, Gomolski D. Rosco B & Promotors D.

Pretty fair assessment Crazy. I do think however that the communication from the management has been crap. They have a habit of 'going to press' after the horse has bolted, which in my book is simply not good enough.

Pretty fair assessment Crazy. I do think however that the communication from the management has been crap. They have a habit of 'going to press' after the horse has bolted, which in my book is simply not good enough.

Rosco B as a team manager due to several strange Heat 15 picks & Rosco & Gary as a promotion was what I gave a D for & that is generous as like you say they are either silent or say something to late.